Trimlee's refeed

trimlee

Love God; Love People
Hi guys, I'm a refeed newbie! Did TFR for 11 weeks. 17kg (40lbs), 18 inches, and 2 dress sizes later, I've decided to come off and refeed.
I started today. Decided to keep a record (will motivate me to stick with it and hopefully inform others planning to refeed). Here goes:

Day 1:
bfast: LT shake
lunch: LT shake
supper: chicken fillet, lettuce & 3baby tomatoes

Today I felt nervous and excited! Nervous about leaving my comfort zone of regimented control over what I eat (just LT shakes!), and entering again into the land of a range of food choices. Excited because after a long while (and very worth while at that!) I was going to eat again.
The experience was lovely though. I seemed to taste the flavours very strongly. I felt satisfied after what in the past would have been a ridiculously small portion size -and with no carb in sight. Fantastic! Had a cup of tea with skimmed milk tonight. It tasted yummy (can't believe I could ever like skimmed milk!)
LT has certainly changed my taste buds for the better!

Got maintainance formula from the pharmacy today. Can't wait to try it tomorrow!

Last edited:
i love seeing what people eat on refeed gives me ideas for when i start x bet its lovely to eat again and a bit weird!

Yeah Donna. Had the maintainance chocolate whip this morning. Unbelievably it felt like it was not right for me to have it! It seemed like an indulgence -it was very creamy and kinda like a dessert mousse. I felt like I was eating something fatty and calorific!!
I think I'll try thinning it down and making it into a hot chocolate drink tomorrow. The pharmacy didn't have the caramel bars so I'll try those next week.
This afternoon I should be having another meal but to be honest I feel a bit overfull from this morning's choc whip. Also, I've become so used to the convenience of making and taking my shake at work, that I need to get my head round preparing and packing a refeed lunch to take to work with me. So today I'm having the last (aaahhh!!!) of my LT TFR shakes (strawberry, yum!) for lunch, and I'll have a refeed meal in the evening.
Oh man, this is all so new -and exciting!

Ok here's day 2:
Bfast: choc whip (maintenance)
Lunch: lipotrim shake (TFR)
Dinner: chicken fillet, lettuce & 4 baby tomatoes
Hot choc drink with skimmed milk & sweeteners

Day 3
bfast: maintenance chop whip (-thinned it down and made it into hot choc. Better this way I think)
lunch: green peas, runner beans and grilled ham. Balsamic vinegar
Dinner: rice (aah, not a proper planned meal. was cooking for others and ended up picking, tasting then scoffing; had about half a plate eventually. Lesson: need to be much more vigilant and disciplined now that I'm refeeding. Feeling too full now... Well, must make up for it tomorrow.

Day 4
bfast: choc whip -thinned down into hot choc drink
lunch: some sweet crunchy snack (again, not proper meal!)
dinner: bit of rice, green veggies, chicken. oh, and some cake (hmm..)

Good idea doing this trimlee! :) xox u feeling fine? Im on day 3 today and I feel 100% xox

Hi Nicki 26 & Julz, I'm feeling good and at the same time have had a reality check! The cake was very good! Sweet stuff still tstes as sweet and tempting junk is still tempting. My conclusion: I've learnt over this 1st week of refeeding that maintenance is going to be alot harder than the actual TFR! We need a lot of discipline and smart strategies to keep at our desired weight!

Day 5:
bfast: choc whip (mid-morning: half an orange)
lunch: yam dumplings ('amala') , spinach & fish
dinner: chicken salad

Day 6:
Bfast: 2 slices weight-watchers brown bread with jam, tea
(early afternoon: biscuits -had some of the children's -aah!)
lunch: yam dumplings ('amala'), vegetable soup with beef and fish
dinner: bran flakes and skimmed milk

Day 7
bfast: cereal bar
lunch: fried rice, chicken
dinner: fried rice, chicken (then wanted something sweet and had cake and coffee. Hmm...)

Quite ashamed to say I ate too much yeasterday at a party. Ate the whole plate of food (mainly carbs -aarrgghh!) and felt too full. Had to lie on my side at night. Oh the shame...
Now I've learnt that I still have work to do: changing those old 'fat' habits. I managed to have cake twice last week and biscuits twice too.
OK, not to be too hard on myself, at least now I'm noticing what I eat.
I WILL BE CAREFUL NOW.
Feel really apprehensive about WI today. What if i've gained weight, ohhh....

Hey Trimlee Babe! Hope ur weigh in goes well! :) Let me know how u go... I get weighed tomorrow!!!!! scary! xox

You had cake and biscuits on refeed?!?!?!?!?!?!? Oh thats not good!
You really need to rethink eating before it gets out of hand again!
Good luck for your weigh in and dont be dissapointed if you dont lose... tbh a fullplate of carbs and cake/biscuits i would be happy if i stayed the same!

Tell me about it Nic! Gained a pound this week -serves me right. OK lesson learnt; now to be sensible.... Feeling positive; I CAN DO THIS!

1 pound on is very good if you had some treats - I had no treats and exercised a lot and I lost 1 pound!

Heres to week 2 trimlee.... keep posting xox

1lb isnt that bad at all after eating cake etc lol just think if ur extra good you will lose weight easily next week ! xxxxxx

1 pound on is very good if you had some treats - I had no treats and exercised a lot and I lost 1 pound!

Heres to week 2 trimlee.... keep posting xox

Cheers guys. It happened at the right time. After my silly eating last week I needed a good telling off -and the scales did just that.
Thanks for encouraging me to stay on track. Went for spinning and toning classes yesterday, worked hard, and felt great!
I have now got the maintenance caramel bars -they taste extremely sweet but I prefer them to the choc whip. I plan to have slimfast bars or shakes as well most days so that I have one healthy cooked meal aday. Those scales gotta go down next monday! Will keep you posted.
Well done Julz, Nicki26 and Nic. Keep up the good work!;)

Last edited:
Back