TT's SW diary - confessions, tears, and joys of slimming

Thanks Smills :) I had already had cereal as my HEB for breakfast.

Well my week is getting worse and worse. My college course is taking over my life!! You would not believe the stuff we have gotta learn off by heart. They gave us a 16 page doc on case laws yesterday that we gotta learn, and there's roughly 3 cases on each page. Then there's all the Acts, Regulations, HSG's that we gotta learn. Then they keep saying we should have made a start on our 12000 word assignment too. Aaaarrrrggghhhh!!! Its never-ending!! So as you can imagine, sw has gone to the back of my mind. Im studying, revising, reading, etc. every spare minute I get. Gggrrrr. The phrase 'biting off more than I can chew' comes to mind!!!

Tinnedtomato said:
Thanks Smills :) I had already had cereal as my HEB for breakfast.

Well my week is getting worse and worse. My college course is taking over my life!! You would not believe the stuff we have gotta learn off by heart. They gave us a 16 page doc on case laws yesterday that we gotta learn, and there's roughly 3 cases on each page. Then there's all the Acts, Regulations, HSG's that we gotta learn. Then they keep saying we should have made a start on our 12000 word assignment too. Aaaarrrrggghhhh!!! Its never-ending!! So as you can imagine, sw has gone to the back of my mind. Im studying, revising, reading, etc. every spare minute I get. Gggrrrr. The phrase 'biting off more than I can chew' comes to mind!!!

Ah TT the joys of studying. Lol. :)

I'm starting back at Uni on Monday beginning my first year of my Social Work Masters. Starting to get proper scared now as like you I think they want a lot from us from the outset.

What are you studying? 12000 assignment! The maximum I had to do for regular assignments was 5000 and then 10000 for my dissertation-totally overwhelming!

Keep at it xx

Hi Claire :) Im doing a diploma in health and safety. It is scary stuff!! The last course I did was level 3, and this is level 6, so its loads different, and my circumstances at home have changed too, so I haven't got as much spare time as I did for previous courses :s Its going to mean soooo much to my career, so I have to stick at it and put in as much as I can, cos I want to get out of it as much as I can!! lol xx

Good luck hun, my dissertation was 13000 words in the end but don't focus on that, just split it into different sections and then treat each section like a regular essay. You'll be suprised how quickly the words come together once you stop counting xx

Louise24 said:
Good luck hun, my dissertation was 13000 words in the end but don't focus on that, just split it into different sections and then treat each section like a regular essay. You'll be suprised how quickly the words come together once you stop counting xx

Great advice! :)

Definitely work out your chapters-that makes it much easier to your head round.

Thanks everyone :D It isn't due for submission until March at the earliest, but i'v been told to make a start now and take is slow, rather than rushing it closer to the time.

Im one step closer and have decided what im going to do it on, so that's one good thing lol x

Hey TT, hope u had a good weekend. I've had a fab one fun-wise, but terrible for food! Still, today's a new day, back to it x

Hi Smills :)

I am feeling really out of sorts at the moment, and Im not too sure why. My trousers are feeling tight, and I generally feel like a right fat pie!! However, this doesn't seem to be kicking my backside into gear :( I need to get a grip and take control again!! I get weighed again on Thursday, and im hoping and praying that I haven't gained anymore :eek:

I am thinking of setting myself a mini challenge for next month, and see if I can get my but back in gear!! Iv got a hen do in November, and then its Christmas..so need to get a wriggle on....wish me luck!!

Monday 3rd October 2011

After having quite a few weeks off plan, iv put on loads, and decided to start again from scratch. Instead of looking at the bigger picture, im keeping things realistic, and re-jigged my ticker and everything to try and keep me on track. The OH is trying to lose weight too, so hopefully we can keep each other going.

Having a go at an Extra-Easy day today.

Breakfast = Bacon (with fat removed) tinned tomatoes, with a fried egg :) it was gorgeous too!!

Wish me luck....

Last edited:
Good Luck TT - you've been dieting for a long time, it's hard to stick with it. Good idea to change your ticker etc, and start from scratch, otherwise you just look back at past 'failures'.

I'm not doing too well either after my weekend away, need to re-motivate myself. Expecting a STS this week after my +1 last week. And I've only just started. At least you've been trying for a while.

Good luck hun x

Good on you for starting again!!! :)

Food looks good for the day...keep it up :) xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Things seem to have been going ok :) weigh day tomorrow, so hopefully, it'll be good news, lol xx

Monday 3rd October cont.

Tea = Roast pork, boiled potatoes, carrots, gravy [2 syns], 1 small yorkshire pud [3 syns].

I then had a bowl of Weetabix crunchy bran for supper, which iv changed to my HEB, so the ryvita mini's I had earlier will syn at 4 syns....so that's a total of 9 syns for the day.

Tuesday 4th October 2011

Breakfast = Weetabix crunchy bran (HEB) with ss milk (HEA);

Lunch = Plain salad bowl followed by an apple, pear and a plum.

Snack = Banana.

Whilst waiting for tea to cook, I had a grilled tomato sausage [not sure of the syns...any help??]

Tea = Mushy pea curry with rice.

Supper = onion ring crisps [again, not sure of the syns]

I think I will have just been inside my daily syn allowance, but any help would be appreciated.

Back