TT's SW diary - confessions, tears, and joys of slimming

Tinnedtomato said:
Totally not food related, but had to share this!!

My OH this morning asked if everything was ok between us, and said that we don't seem to spend time together anymore, and we dont talk as much as we normally do. I tried my best to reassure him, because everything really is fine.

I have just rung him now and told him that following on from our conversation this morning about not spending time together, and not talking properly, I said that I thought we should have a date, lol....and he thought I said we should have a break!! Lol.

Oh it was soooo funny!! Bless him :) lol xx

Oh my god yr poor OH!!! I bet he was gob smacked!! Lol hope u put him straight!!

I sometimes think me and my hubby need a date...we went out last sat, but cos we've been living together for a few years after the comedian we went to grab food and home...I wanted a drink after and everything (he's not into night clubs like I'd b happy to do but I'd be happy in a pub) xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

We're same....we used to do allsorts together on an evening, but now we have kids living with us, its difficult because we got them into a great routine, so cant really break it. We sit and cuddle on sofa watching tv tho ;) We're gunna go for somehting to eat Sunday night, while kids are at the in-laws lol xx

Im feeling really hungry today...just had an apple, and will try and hold out for lunch now lol xx

For dinner tonight, I think im going to have a go at making mushroom soup :) Mainly cos we got a bag load in the fridge that need using up lol xx

Just had bns and sweet potato soup for lunch - yum! You comment about the date/break made me laugh.

I finished with my boyfriend a couple of months ago, unfortunately I think he thinks we're just on a break as he keeps phoning. Think he'll get the message soon, but he keeps asking if I've met someone else. :(

Good luck with your date - its important to get the kids in a routine, but equally important for the two of you to have quality time. Can the inlaws babysit regularly?

hi smills :) Really sorry to hear about you and your OH splitting up. Like you say, im sure he will get the hint soon. Its funny how people assume things isnt it.

The inlaws would babysit whenever, its if/when the kids will go to stay over there, cos they live out of town.

Lunch = Jacket potato with salad

Oooo it was gorgeous!!

Not so sure about the soup idea now, as my sister seems to have put me totally off it by us having a conversation about her sweaty bum crack, lol. She's totally mental!! lol xx

For dinner Friday, I had bacon, mushrooms, egg and tomatoes. It was gorgeous. So friday turned into an EE day, so I had to syn the ryvita minis.

I then made soup later on, but it wasn't like I was expecting. IT was nice though.

SATURDAY 22ND OCTOBER 2011

Breakfast = bacon sandwich (HEB)

Lunch = mushroom soup with chippy chips :(

Dinner = we had nibbles cos we were watching a film, and they were quite synful nibbles too :(

Oh and half a bottle of wine :( Syn overload, but ill use it as a flexi day.

The weekend turned out to be pretty bad food wise, but it was due to a personal reason, which I cant broadcast on here.

I made myself a big veggy shoup yesterday and more or less ate it all. The stuff in between wasn't too good, but I wasn't at work, so not in my usual routine. Back to work today, so back to routine!!

TUESDAY 25TH OCTOBER 2011

Breakfast = fruit

Lunch = left over homemade veg soup

Snacks = fruit and Ryvita minis (HEB)

Dinner = baked mash cakes, beans with EL laughing cows (1/2 HEA) and fried eggs :) nom nom nom!!

Last edited:
WEDNESDAY 26TH OCTOBER 2011

Breakfast = Bacon sandwich (HEB)

Iv brought loads of fruit to munch on this morning, to make up the 1/3 superfree.

The OH and kids are away tonight, so iv arranged to go to a friends straight from work, then im going food shopping, then by time I get home, I shouldn't have loads of time to get bored and munch crap....that's the plan anyway, lol xx

Snacks = fruit

Lunch = turkey salad

Snacks = fruit and ryvita minis (HEB)

Im going shopping later, and really don't know what to have for tea. Im thinking maybe, swede with crispy bacon, philadelphia and peas :) Mmmm, sounds gorgeous!!

Last edited:
Dinner = crispy bacon with light philly (HEA), swede, parsnip, sprouts, and mushrooms.

I have also made a massive pan of veggy soup for tomorrow too :)

Weigh-in in the morning....fingers crossed iv done enough to pull back a baaaad wkend!!

THURSDAY 27TH OCTOBER 2011

Weigh-in this morning, and I lost 2lb :D Whoop whoop!! Well happy...and looking forward to altering my ticker lol xx

Breakfast = beans 3 EL laughing cows (1/2 HEA) and fried egg.

Lunch will be home-made veg soup that iv brought in, along with loads of fruit :) xx

Well done u!!! :) big smiles!!

Which soups do u make? I have tried to make 2 from minimins and both were poor - it will b my making not the recipes!

I want to make my lunches soup when bk at work...I may make some soup today!!!

Thanks Cai :)

Im not great at following recipes, lol. I just chuck loads of chopped veg in a pan, disolve a chicken stock cube in boiling water, and fill so that it covers all the veggies, then just boil until soft, and blend up. I then like to add peas and sweetcorn at the end, so there is a bit of chunk to it.

the soup I made last night had carrots, sprouts, brocolli, cabbage, leek, parsnip, onion, and mushrooms in it. Its yummy!! Green...but yummy!! lol xx

Back