Tuesday At Home Weighers!

It's been easier the more I've done actually, I don't feel hungry or that I'm particularly missing out. It's just a bizarre feeling going from 'snack' foods like crisps and biccies to something I would've considered a lunch like some pasta n sauce or a mug shot, and knowing that the latter is better for me!! Much prefer it this way though, must say :)

Thank you for your response Lisa, I do try and keep telling myself well done for not putting all the weight back on! How long have you been doing the slimming world plan for? it's so much easier to follow than other diets I've done - the Special K diet was the absolute worst. 2 bowls of cereal a day and an evening meal?!?! Terrible!!!

Having weigh-in on a Tuesday has helped to I think - knowing it's early in the week really keeps you motivated at weekend! Last time I had weigh ins on a Friday, and I had a tendency to go a bit nuts over weekend as a congratulations to myself. Another 2 days to see if this is working this time!

xxx

I've been on the SW plan for 2 weeks this time. But have done it many many times before and always had success just don't know why I keep coming off the plan. I think all the times before I just got lazy and complacent wanted quick and easy instead of good and tasty. I made a deal with myself that this time I would try and make at least 70% of my main meals from scratch and not scrimp on the ingredients. I can honestly say I've enjoyed all my meals so far. Good luck and fingers crossed for Tuesday - it's also my second WI on Tuesday too :) xx

GOOD LUCK TOMORROW PEOPLE! :) :)

Since I did battle with a full tray of Terry's all gold dark chocolates on Saturday night spending 60 syns and goi g over by 30 syns I don't hold out much hope for a loss this week so will be happy with a STS but disappointed with a gain. See you all tomorrow :) xxx

Since I did battle with a full tray of Terry's all gold dark chocolates on Saturday night spending 60 syns and goi g over by 30 syns I don't hold out much hope for a loss this week so will be happy with a STS but disappointed with a gain. See you all tomorrow :) xxx

Oops!! Haha you never know - good luck for tomorrow. I actually can't wait to weigh myself, I'm a weirdo!

well I now sit +3.2 lbs, which is fine as in two days it's totm and I always gain, so I also expect that gain to remain for next week as well since I'll be effecting two weigh ins. It's the one in two weeks time that will tell the whole truth. Even though it's a bit of a 'hmmm' I know exactly what it is and luckily I know how my body works which is gain 5lbs at this stage regardless.

So I'm ignoring this weigh in i

I nearly forgot to weigh myself (how could I)... I got up to use the bathroom about 4.00 am and thought "Hooray I can weigh myself when I get up first thing"... went again about 8.30 and almost forgot to jump on the scales before I had breakfast... ... I lost 2lb = total 3.5lb in the first two weeks... its not a lot but I am very happy! I havent got around to measuring myself yet, will do that later but I got into my jeans and did the zip up without laying on the bed this morning.

At least I know this way of eating is good for losing weight andI am never hungry.

Hi everyone, will be joining in here myself. I just started back on Slimming World last week so had my first WI today - down 6lb so am very happy as I wasn't really as good as I could have been this week! I'm under no illusions though, I know I only lost so much because it's the first week and I have so much to lose!

well done lemonblondie and Lisa!

How did you do the last week? Hope it went well for you. :)

Hi everyone I joined SW online two weeks ago would like to join in tuesdays weigh ins please. I'm really pleased have just weighed myself and am half a stone down since starting!
Well done to all the other losers!

You did make me laugh.... We are all in the same boat... Last week was my parents Diamond Wedding and whilst I didnt totally pig out I did eat FOUR cupcakes! then we brought home a whole Baily's Profiterole Cake from Iceland (well we did have visitors to feed) and I JUST HAD to have a BIG SLICE! But..... I have lost 2lb this week so I was pretty surprised and very happy.. My theory is that if you are good the rest of the time the calories balance out for the whole week anyway (I am sticking to that theory)... ALSO we have eaten a lot of melon this week and that helps a lot...

Hi everyone I joined SW online two weeks ago would like to join in tuesdays weigh ins please. I'm really pleased have just weighed myself and am half a stone down since starting!
Well done to all the other losers!

well done and welcome! I started two weeks ago too (2nd time round) and am so pleased that I found this website..

This website is great everyone on here is so encouraging I think it really makes a difference especially when trying to go it alone at home. Good luck with second time round it's a first attempt for me with SW but have yoyoed with weight watchers for years I'm hoping this time I can make it long term.

Hi all, weighed in this morning and lost 2lb, really chuffed!!, like everyone is saying, all the encouragement on here is very motivating. Not stuck to it 100% but 90% hopefully will be enough (with some low calorie/low fat ready meals thrown in for convenience) which I don't have the syn value for! Cut down on the wine too - I'm now drinking Morrisons No Added Sugar Cranberry Juice mixed 50/50 with Aldi Sugar Free Ginger Beer! - sounds odd but it's really nice. Well done all you losers and have a great week :scale:

Everyone seems to have done really well!!!! This site is really good for motivation and to keep on track - it's great to have somewhere to talk about the good days and the bad days that works along your timetable, that's the one problem I always had with going to group - the group just took so long!!!

Weighed myself this morning - down 2lbs! I was a little disappointed at the time as I felt I'd done enough to lose more, but as long as it's going in the right direction then I'm going to stay positive :) Plus I'm about a week away from my "star week" so there's probably water retention all over the place!

one thing I wanted to ask people though - my Mum chipped in with the idea that by doing exercise I'll have actually built up muscle and she said I ought to cut down on exercise. Now this seems totally wrong to me - for a start I haven't done that much exercise and what I have done hasn't been strength training, it's all been cardio of a mid- to high-intensity. Thoughts?? xx

One whole pound off this week! ...I obviously didn't eat enough Terry's All Gold on Saturday :giggle:

WELL DONE EVERYONE!....want to less of you next week has well :D xx

Everyone seems to have done really well!!!! This site is really good for motivation and to keep on track - it's great to have somewhere to talk about the good days and the bad days that works along your timetable, that's the one problem I always had with going to group - the group just took so long!!!

Weighed myself this morning - down 2lbs! I was a little disappointed at the time as I felt I'd done enough to lose more, but as long as it's going in the right direction then I'm going to stay positive :) Plus I'm about a week away from my "star week" so there's probably water retention all over the place!

one thing I wanted to ask people though - my Mum chipped in with the idea that by doing exercise I'll have actually built up muscle and she said I ought to cut down on exercise. Now this seems totally wrong to me - for a start I haven't done that much exercise and what I have done hasn't been strength training, it's all been cardio of a mid- to high-intensity. Thoughts?? xx

Hi LittleMissDaydream and well done on your 2lb loss. I wouldn't have thought a moderate amount of exercise would interfere with your weight loss. I've been walking 2 miles a day on my treadmill I got for Christmas and I feel loads better for it. Surely your metabolic rate will be raised, thus burning more calories! Also, if you do happen to build up a bit more muscle, then that muscle burns 3 x more calories than fat (I read that somewhere!) Last point - muscle looks loads better than fat anyway :)

Hi LittleMissDaydream and well done on your 2lb loss. I wouldn't have thought a moderate amount of exercise would interfere with your weight loss. I've been walking 2 miles a day on my treadmill I got for Christmas and I feel loads better for it. Surely your metabolic rate will be raised, thus burning more calories! Also, if you do happen to build up a bit more muscle, then that muscle burns 3 x more calories than fat (I read that somewhere!) Last point - muscle looks loads better than fat anyway :)

Hi Jude,

Thanks, and congrats to you for your loss, 2lb twin!! haha :)

I thought so, it seemed far fetched when she said it - I think that she was really just trying to make an excuse when she saw the flash of disappointment on my face - when I first did SW I lost 6lbs in my first week and was kind of anticipating a similar loss this time around - but then I thought 2lbs a week for 7 weeks is a stone, how can I be disappointed with those numbers?!?!?!

So I manned up and felt really proud of myself after that :)

You have your own treadmill! That's cool. I used to have my own cross trainer but had to lose it when I moved house. I didn't use it that much anyway...as an exercise machine, it got plenty of use as a spare clothes horse!!!!!!!!

Hello All,

I'm a complete newbie around here, also a Tuesday weigher going at home with Slimming World. I've managed to lost a staggering 7lbs on my first week! :cool:

Exercise can slow down your losses but only for a couple of weeks - you should definitely keep at it! Also doing regular exercise raises your metabolic rate so if you do build up some muscle (which takes longer and is more difficult to do than you might think!) you will burn more calories just being awake which is only a good thing!!

Back