Tuesday- Hour by Hour =]

I started off 14 stone over weight! man how did I get there? and how comes it's different this time? I am just guessing that it is our time girls and I thank my lucky stars that it's going this well cos for some it's a real trauma... I'm happy to keep smiling and in doing so inspire others!! We are all inspirations :D
Thanks guys for the comments on the inches lost!!

If I could have a pound for the number of nights I've lay in bed over the last 20 years wishing and praying that things were different with my weight I'd be rich! I've got to say I love my life, (though I hate writing that - feels like tempting fate) everything about it except for my weight -- my weight has ruled me and made me feel blue, depressed, sad and all sorts of other negative feelings and I really do feel like those feelings are dripping away quicker than the pounds themselves are. I understand that there will/may be issues that I need to face that I have hidden with food but I know I'd rather face them slim and healthy than carrying on being miserable day in and day out.

See now mine was different. I still would have done everything I did even if i was skinny. for instance i ran a marathon at 23stone and even clibmed a mountain at 24 stone. But it was the self loathing that got me in the end.

Well done Bex, I don't know about you but I would be lost without this site.
With reference to what BL said about other issuses that she finds difficult to talk about I think we all have felt that way in some way or other, I'm quiet at the group meetings as there are a couple of girls that do sometimes overtake the LLC's attention so sometimes I would like to participate but find it hard with these people and their need to be heard over everyone else. Still Its my fault I should be more assertive and my confidence is growing with the weight coming off.

"I have a quandry. I realised last night at group, I have a real quandry. I know, without doubt, what probably the most major influence on my ever gaining weight to beign with is. And I feel I need to address that, in order to really move ahead. I have thought of posting it on my Stream of Conscious thread, but have not been brave enough to. Not yet anyway. But I know it is not something I can speak of in 5 or 10 minutes, and I do not want to commandeer an evenings discussion based just on me. But I feel I must face it, in order to really move ahead. I worry that Development is already past half way, and maybe we don;t address those kind of things in Foundation? I have considered booking a consult alone with my LLC. She is a shrink as well as an LLC counselor. Its just expensive."

Hi,
this is the thing about the group meetings, you never know when a personal epiphany is going to hit and that is what your LLC is there for.
If the group session is not for you there are lots of therapies out there besides talking ones, there's art therapy, hypnotherapy, NLP (this one I think is brilliant) and they vary by therapy and location in the country as to cost.

In any therapeutic group it is normal to have a 'less than bouncy' period and this shows that it's working for you, which is great.

I had a bit of a rough week when it bought some issues up for me, but you should be so proud of yourself that you are ready to deal with it.

The most important thing is to just keep talking/ writing/ singing/ dancing and doing what helps you feel better!

;)

Thanks Dragon....

It is not that the group is not for me - I quite enjoy it. But what I feel I need to discuss is so involved it would take the majority of the meetings time, and I don;t feel that would be fair to the other ladies. Thats why I thought maybe I wuld see my LLC independantly.

But I quite like the sessions.

And your point about feeling "less then bouncy" meaning it has worked and touched something, is exactly why I suppose I might not be getting it...because I don;t feel less then bouncy - I feel good all the time!! Does that makes sense?

Cheers!

x

Hey Dave, good luck ok and take it easy! Tange well done with the wightloss, thast brillant! Bex good luck with ur WI tonight and hope ur visit to the doc's goes well!

I am constantly feeling cold and start feeling really hungry after 9:30pm in the evenings, but still focused! Have had 1 veggy soup and 3 litres of water so far! Hope everyone is fine, good luck with all the WI's that everyone is having today! :)

Hi I am new to this site and find these quotes really helpful because I started LL yesterday again after 8 weeks gap. 1st day went really well but today I am struggling. My LLC is not very helpful.:sigh:

Hi and welcome to the wonderful world of minimins :D In what way is your LLC not helpful? Does she know you're struggling? To be honest the first 3 or 4 days is something that all we can do is struggle through if we find it difficult and some do and some don't. Keep as occupied as you can, do things that help chill you out - visit friends, bury yourself in a book, long hot baths, put some headphones on and sing, go for a walk - anything that you enjoy doing that will take your mind off what you're doing and how you're feeling.

You just need to keep telling yourself that it's only the first couple of days that your body will struggle and after that it does get easier.

How long did you do LL for before your gap and what was your overall loss? Thinking of it in that way may motivate you to go on.

I just caved and had something. Nothing major but all the coolness I had build up today has been dashed. I feel used and dirty. I have done 4 ltires of water already today. But I now feel as though it has all been a waste.

I'm gutted. My hero has just retired from sport. Fo those of you who care. The greatest quarterback to ever walk the earth has jsut retired, and he played for my team too :(

who is he Dave? and what sport? Rugby?

I'll check the news!

.... and I've just checked the BBC sports and am still none the wiser???

Brett Favre, the greatest ever Quarterback. He hasnt missed a game in 17 years. And holds the NFL all time record for Touchdowns, games in a row, passes, pass attempts, wins, the list goes on.

ESPN: The Worldwide Leader In Sports

Theres the artcile.

For the men, he has never missed a game, even when he broke his hand, and collarbone

Oh and for the girls who dont care about sport, he has been earning about $20,000,000 a year for the last 10 years.

And for those who like love, he married his childhood sweetheart at the age of 18, had 2 kids and they are still together.

See a lil bit for everyone.

No I'm English but I enjoy the no nonsense violence of a good football game. Being a Raiders fan I'm you can back me up on how rugby just doesnt put in the hits as much.

Ahh right Dave, thanks for clearing that up - sounds like they've lost a good guy.

Mandee you don't have to be from Wisc to be heart broken. theres a big Pack community in the UK and ive had countless texts claiming it is like a funeral. Even a couple of Bears fans have text me saying that they are relieved he has retired.

Hi All, Jindal, good luck, we are all here to help one another so your not alone, anything you want to talk about just type it out and post it on here ok! :)

Bex I am so so pelased for you, good on you Woman! You are doing so so well and it's nice to hear you sounds happy! :) Katie and BL, i have felt exactly the same as both of you. I have been big for the last 16 years of my life and missed out on all my teenage life not being able to wear the clothes I wanted and not doing certain activities with friends etc. I went through depression before and just made matters worse by comforting eating! I wish I knew about this diet a long time ago, but hey got on to it in the end and it's the best decision i HAVE EVER MADE IN MY LIFE! :)

Oh also Mandee, the sad thing is I have been too fat to wear my Favre Jersey the last 3 years, I've had to smith it out with my KGB one. I dug out the Favre jersey on saturday after 4.5 stone lost and it finally fits. Kinda ironic I suppose.

Back