Tuesday- Hour by Hour =]

Hey all, quick advise, I knwo it has been posted on here many time, but just to clarify.

I have been on LL for coming on to 6 months (in the next few days). I have never ever tried any receipe's out of the foodbacks and now will dare myself. So if I wanted to make biscuits out of the ceral bars. Would I just need to cut them into pieces, place them seperately on the plate and microwave for approx 30 secs? Is that all I need to do.

I have never even made crisps or anything, how do you do that? I think I deserve a change, after nearly 6 months of just sticking to soups and skaes as they are!

Oh mate! You can still totally wear the jersey...now it's vintage and retro!

Yes finally I can be retro!!!

To be honest if you have ever seen Lambeau Field on gameday, I think around 50 of the 70k people there will be classed as retro. I can't see them swapping the Favre jerseys for Rodgers Jerseys any time soon.

Hello everyone, you have been busy all afternoon.

Well I am totallly pixxed off. The AGM thing is moving forward and I think we are rally some support. Now found out 10 mins ago one of our committee members has resigned. Thats all we need is members to jump ship. Bugger bugger bugger. I feel like bloody eating Dave P's jersey:D, As you can see from the language I am pretty annoyed.

Well done Bex with the measuring.

You have all written so much I cant absorb it all, I think it is my age.

Oh BL can you not let out a little at a time. You never know that your problem might help someone else. Just a thought. Have you tried writing a blog, you can make it private so no one can see.

Oh its a long story, we run a club and have a governing body and they have tried to revoke our license and there are a load of tosserswho Qbasically are jeolous and stuck the knife in.

We are fighting it but its taking so much time, and to think we run the club for he members voluntarily.

I am calming down Dave. I will eat my husband's Philadelphia Eagles shirt, or his Minsota Vikings or Miami Dolphins hats. Quite like watchin the A. Football but mainly cause the do have such lovely bums.:D

Thats a bit harsh. Considering its volunteer as well. I can totally understand the p!!sedoffness you are experiencing.

ON another note eat the VIkings at first. That dirty word is almost as bad the 'Bears' word. Damn now I've gone and said them both. I better go pray to Lord Lombardi and beg for forgiveness.

(Note- IM not actually that obsessed with the Pack but there are others out there who are)

Errrr the Vikings tasted orrible. No wonder you dont like them. Give me a lumpy hot choc anyday:D

Really bad news about your member resigning Lady, I hope that your cause doesn't suffer too much from this and that you can still fight back and kick ass!

BL - the idea of a blog is a good one ---- you can make it open but not direct people to it or make it private ..... or start yourself a word doc and keep that stored on your pc. If you ever want an ear/shoulder or anything I'm always here for you xx

No I'm English but I enjoy the no nonsense violence of a good football game. Being a Raiders fan I'm you can back me up on how rugby just doesnt put in the hits as much.

ARGH!! At last! A brit speaking sense about NFL football!!!! You have no idea how many times I have tried to tell people Rugby is not a scratch on NFL!! If I had a pound for every time someone claimed it was a P*ssy sport because they wear pads, I would be wealthy beyond my dreams!!!

I'd like to see Beckham take a hit by William Perry (aka The Fridge), without any pads!! :D

I used to watch the Raiders religiously when Jim Plunkett was QB, John Matuzak was there, Marcus Allen, Howie Long, Bo Jackson.....it was an amazing team!! Art Schell and Tom Flores - great coaches. 4 Superbowls I believe they took. Then the move to LA demoralised them and their fans and they have never been the same since.

But yeah - they were one rough tough team to watch!!!

Wear you Favre shirt proudly - he deserves a lot of respect. Good man him!

Oh its a long story, we run a club and have a governing body and they have tried to revoke our license and there are a load of tosserswho Qbasically are jeolous and stuck the knife in.

We are fighting it but its taking so much time, and to think we run the club for he members voluntarily.

I am calming down Dave. I will eat my husband's Philadelphia Eagles shirt, or his Minsota Vikings or Miami Dolphins hats. Quite like watchin the A. Football but mainly cause the do have such lovely bums.:D

Thats why they are called "tight ends" :D

Thanks Lady and Katie (hugs). I know I will write about these issues. I need to decide if I do it privately or publicly. I will probably do it on my Stream of Consciousness thread, when I formulate it all in my head. There was a series of convulted episodes, startng as far back as 1984, and coming to a head just last year, with about a 22 year gap in the middle where those 22 years I believed one thing to be the truth, only to have just found out it was not at all. There are some things that happened to me, and some things I did that, based on something I thought to be true, only to find out 22 years later there was a certain amount of deception. I don't mean to be cryptic - its just a whole lot of stuff, muddled up together, where had I been told the truth in 1984, my life would have been completely and utterly different and I surely would not have experienced many of the things that have led me here. It involves deception, loss, shame, guilt, depression, betrayal, irony, a whole load of things. It would make a good Jackie Collins novel. lol But I will get it out - I know I need to.

I have found since I moved here in 2000, I have desperately missed having my best girl friends to talk to, and have kept an awful lot of things bottled up inside. Not that I could not talk to my DH - which I have, and bless him, he's just not a best girlfriend. I have not found it easy to find a confidante. Maybe its jst the women I have met, or maybe British women tend to keep things to themselves more, therefore if they do not share, maybe they do not want to hear? (and I don;t think that is a bad thing, or mean it negatively, it is maybe just a cultural difference? Or just the ones I have met.) - I honestly don't know, but I have been starved for heart-to-hearts, and that is probably why I am spilling so much here on this forum. Once you tap a well and all....but for the first time in seven years, I have met people here on this site who understand most of what I have kept inside. And its been wonderful. I often worry I blurt out too much personal stuff, but the anonymity of this site makes it easy, and its so helpful to hear others comments, and if they relate, it just makes you feel not alone. But there is always a fear of being judged. But I just have to get over that.

I can feel it surfacing, and an ex once told me if something troubles you and you don;t know what it is, as soon as you think of something it might be - when that something makes you cry, that is usually what it is. The (only) best advice he ever gave. So I have a pretty good idea what it is. And it's OK. It's old wounds, and old tears. I don't dwell in it, I just want to once and for all put it in its proper place in my life's archives. Rather then have it floating around, bobbing up and down now and again. Ya know?

So thanks ladies. Would be lost without your support. I will get it out. Even if in small stages :)

(hugs) you all are the best.

xx

BL- when your ready to talk- our ears are ready to listen =]
its going to help- get it out in the open- but only when you can xxxx

BL I dont want to disappoint you but you may never find out the actual cause, but as long as you go through the process it is like a lifting of a weight.

One of my bugbears was that I thought as a youngster it was my fault my mother died as I was a total juvernile deliquent and she then died of cancer. For years I blamed myself for this but since doing LL have come to terms with the fact that it wasnt really me. This is just one of the problems, but what I have gained from this is that whatever happened in the past whether it was or was not me, I cannot change that and it is now time to move on. My attitude has changed so much about lots of things because of this revelation. I can move on and leave the past behind.

Just little words.

To answer an earlier question the tight end is tight to the end of the line. The line is the fat guys in the middle who smash the crap out of each other. And the tight end is half lineman and half reciever (people who catch the ball). a bit of a middle man. Like a flanker in rugby. They can get down and do the dirty work but also do some of the flashy stuff.

And Blonde Logic you think you get some bad comments about it being a pussy sport. As I am English I regularly get lynched by the nearest tree and been accused of being a witch because I prefer football over rugby.

Also BL I'm not just a fan, I played in the Uni allstar game in the UK, which is the equivelent of the Senior Bowl out in the states. Obvously being that I am on here I was no Randy Moss. MOre of a William Perry in fact.

I agree that you do need to get it out BL, that is the one way of lightening your load and to help take away any mental anguish but as Lady says you may never fully fix the hub but the process will greatly help.

It is sad that you've been alone in this way - no offence meant to your dh, I just know things aren't always the same, sometimes you just need a friends view, opinion or just their ear as you don't need them for anything more than to listen.

The important thing now is that you know you have people here for you, to help in any way which you choose xx

Evening everyone, just got back after WI, 4lbs off so very happy x
BL, hope you get your feelings sorted out :)
Lady, Sorry to hear about the committee member, such a nuisance :)

Last edited:
Back