Total Solution Tuesday is a fine day to change the world...

Darcy15 said:
Morning!

Have to say this cold weather is a struggle.

I have been really hungry. Have had a few extra bars - and the scales are telling the story unfortunately :(

Absolutely no diversions this week - I will stay strong!

You are doing so well - keep going! :)

A few extra bars?! I wouldn't beat myself up about that! Think (actually don't think, cause it'll lead you into the dark side!) of all that you could have eaten and didnt, you had a couple of additional packs that keep you well within calorie deficit. Sounds like willpower to me!
I was reading an article on how being cold burns calories, apparently when you drink ice cold water your body has to warm it up to the temperature it is on.. Eh.. exit.. and it takes 2 calories to warm it up by a single degree! That's just water, never mind shivering and keeping our bodies warm!

So cold is actually good for us! Who'da thunk it?!

Want2bMe! said:
Oh that's sweet, hello to you too! How are you finding this cold snap for keeping on the diet? The coldness is an issue, isn't it?!

Have you tried your shakes hot, the choc with a sweetener and hot could almost pass for hot choc almost ;)

That sounds delicious, I'll have that this evening then!!

Hi Want2b,
Just been reading your diary and having a smirk or 2! Your powers of description are mighty-;). I especially loved your description of the Friday evening Bra Removal Ritual....... I love that feeling of being a 'braless' wonder too! It is all the more delicious on a Friday. In case you are getting alarmed, I am a female despite the nickname.....of course any gentleman who wishes is free to partake in the wearing of a bra!
I am on day 13 today, I am not doing total solution but rather my own 'tinpot' version and despite being rather 'loose' with my diet at times I have lost 6lbs since last Saturday! I didn't weigh myself for the first 6 days as i just couldn't face it.
Like you, evening time is my danger time. I can be very good all day and then once the days toil is over it seems to signal a licence to graze for me.
Anyway, I just thought I would introduce myself and say hi!
All the best
O

oliverstjohn said:
Hi Want2b,
Just been reading your diary and having a smirk or 2! Your powers of description are mighty-;). I especially loved your description of the Friday evening Bra Removal Ritual....... I love that feeling of being a 'braless' wonder too! It is all the more delicious on a Friday. In case you are getting alarmed, I am a female despite the nickname.....of course any gentleman who wishes is free to partake in the wearing of a bra!
I am on day 13 today, I am not doing total solution but rather my own 'tinpot' version and despite being rather 'loose' with my diet at times I have lost 6lbs since last Saturday! I didn't weigh myself for the first 6 days as i just couldn't face it.
Like you, evening time is my danger time. I can be very good all day and then once the days toil is over it seems to signal a licence to graze for me.
All the best
O

Hello O! I did wonder about the username, I was thinking oh the poor chap must have one of those man-bra contraptions - thanks for clarifying! As O it's more l'Histoire d'O, which I won't go into detail about as it may result in my removal from Minimins!
The bra removal is possibly the highlight of my day, especially since I decided to kick La Senza while it's down and get properly fitted, then purchased approximately £60 worth of bras for £10! Opportunism aside, it turns out that I've been wearing the wrong size all along and that my real size, while more supportive, is rigid and unyielding. Like a good personal trainer I suppose!
I'm your opposite on the weighing, every time I go to the bathroom (frequently - the Exante effect!) I hop on the scales. I can't imagine what difference I think half an hour will make, but I am pleased to see a lower number.
I wish I had the self-discipline to be able to add other elements to this diet and still lose - 6pm is fantastic, you lucky thing! Sadly I truly believe the only reason its working for me is because it takes the decisions out of my hands. If I had to think about what to eat I would never lose a pound, as evidenced by my starting weight!
I'm trying to train myself into treating the evenings as personal-maintenance time rather than eating time. I'm either painting my nails, plucking eyebrows, pincurling hair or something along those lines. If I managed to get into that habit long-term it would be so much easier - and I'd be impeccably groomed at all times!
I don't mean to pry but I Minimin entirely from my phone and can't see stats, what's your journey like from start to finish?
Kelly x

oliverstjohn said:
Hi Want2b,
All the best
O

Gahhh I hate my bras right now so so painful! Will not buy bigger bras lol

DustQueen said:
Gahhh I hate my bras right now so so painful! Will not buy bigger bras lol

One benefit is that there's more material, which means more warmth in these Baltic times!

DustQueen said:
Lol I have enough fat insulation ;)

Lol not for long! With any luck you'll be so fat-free soon that you'll need thermals in July!

Ah...I love taking my bra off at the end of the day too! I have some 'saggy' ones that I've taken the wires out of, just to wear at home. They're soooo much more comfortable, but couldn't go out in one as my boobs look like spaniels ears!!
Really need to get measured again soon, but my body is changing all the time so I want to try and hang on for a while!
x

Alex_1978 said:
Ah...I love taking my bra off at the end of the day too! I have some 'saggy' ones that I've taken the wires out of, just to wear at home. They're soooo much more comfortable, but couldn't go out in one as my boobs look like spaniels ears!!
Really need to get measured again soon, but my body is changing all the time so I want to try and hang on for a while!
x

Imagine being able to go without?! Obviously not everywhere, but just to nip to the shops etc, in the summer in a vest top, braless! There's something to work towards anyway!
I'm the same with the changing shape, if love to be able to guess what sizes I'll go through over the next few months as La Senza is clearing all of it's stock at silly prices, but it's impossible to predict. On the bright side, in future, thinner times should I ever decide to take up bowling, my current brassieres will make both a stylish and convenient ball-bag!

Want2bMe! said:
Imagine being able to go without?! Obviously not everywhere, but just to nip to the shops etc, in the summer in a vest top, braless! There's something to work towards anyway!
I'm the same with the changing shape, if love to be able to guess what sizes I'll go through over the next few months as La Senza is clearing all of it's stock at silly prices, but it's impossible to predict. On the bright side, in future, thinner times should I ever decide to take up bowling, my current brassieres will make both a stylish and convenient ball-bag!

Unless I have them surgically removed that'll never happen lol I have spaniels ears

DustQueen said:
Unless I have them surgically removed that'll never happen lol I have spaniels ears

Hmm same. There must be something that can be done for them bar surgery, some sort of toning? Will need to research this! We shall find a solution and will all have french bulldog ears! Though the weight still has to come off, they'd be wasted on a shar-pei body like mine!

Want2bMe! said:
Hmm same. There must be something that can be done for them bar surgery, some sort of toning? Will need to research this! We shall find a solution and will all have french bulldog ears! Though the weight still has to come off, they'd be wasted on a shar-pei body like mine!

I don't think so as its just skin, should spring up somewhat but I don't think I'll ever get to braless :)

DustQueen said:
I don't think so as its just skin, should spring up somewhat but I don't think I'll ever get to braless :)

Never say never! There could be a miracle breakthrough cream invented yet! Surely if I believe it hard enough sheer force of will makes it come true!

I have a plan for Tuesday, my weigh in day.
After work, I'm going to go to Debenhams to the Debut section.
I shall pick a dress and try it on, in a size that fits me now.
I shall then return every fortnight to try that dress on again, in the size that fits.
I shall use this as a faithful and semi-accurate log of what size I've dropped to, because 'skirts' or 'jeans', while a similar style in every store, can fluctuate wildly in size (a topshop 14 and an Evans 14 are not even the same species!) and I reason that the same item in the same store in a permanent collection would be a reliable gauge.
Also, it means I get to try on gowns every two weeks, which is just fine by me!

Aside from future plans, today, day six, went quite well. I had a toffee bar for breakfast, a tomato and basil for lunch and a hot chocolate for before bedtime. A bar for breakfast is quite a good idea, I intend to use this formula during the working week as it saves washing up my shaker first thing in the morning.

I had a burst of energy this afternoon and washed everything in the laundry basket - I even did a white wool wash. I have never done a special setting wash before, which is possibly disgraceful but this is not a place to be secretive!

I also divided all of my packs and bars into very well organised bags. I now have a box of days - I just need to pull a sandwich bag out and I have a bar, soup and shake in a different combination every day!

Tomorrow is my anniversary of moving to London. It feels like only a few short months since I was pulling all my worldly goods in two suitcases down Warwick Road in a flutter of elation and terror..
I was so paranoid, I thought every person I encountered was a potential thief or abductor and I painted on a blank expression that implied that I knew where was going and I would not take kindly to anybody who attempted to speak to me.. I have now mastered that expression!

I even remember what I was wearing, the clothes were unremarkable but the shoes! Light grey soft canvas plimsolls, in February! Easy knowing I had driven everywhere for the last few years. I soon built a collection of robust city shoes and now don't own a single pair of plimsolls.

I'm just making a note of all this here for posterity, but I doubt that I'll ever forget it. It was the first step I took towards walking away from the life I had planned and while I admit that it did take me some time to plot a new direction, I've now found my stride.
I'm now so far removed from my old life that apart from those whom I've told, I doubt a single person is aware of the significance of tomorrow for me - in fact, the ones I would then have expected to remember are those whom I've decided to forget!

I won't call it nostalgia, because that implies wistfulness or sadness and that's not what this date is for me, it's triumph and perhaps a little bit of pride every time I walk out of my front door into the centre of the world.

Last edited:
Hi Want2beMe,
I do so enjoy your posts!
When I tell you my stats I know you are going to be even more suspicious of my nickname and gender!
I am a fraction of an inch under 6 feet and when I weighed myself last Saturday I was 220lbs...... Weigh in this Saturday read 214lbs!
I think that makes my BMI 29 at the moment- I am hoping to get to 180lbs which I know is not sylph-like but when you are built like a west of Ireland farmer like me that is all one can hope for! ( I realise by now you are extremely suspicious and I should end my post now and throw away my shovel.....anymore digging and you will have me banned;))
Seriously though....I am female....honestly....I have 2 strapping sons to prove it!
Look forward to reading more from you.
O:D

What great postings, these had me in stitches laughing - THANK you so much x

Back