Total Solution Tuesday is a fine day to change the world...

I do believe if you've been TS there's really no way that you can't lose weight, your body might be holding onto it for now but it will have to let go! Good luck for tomorrow, I hope you get everything you want!
That's brilliant by the way, the more Irish the merrier! I'm not just saying that, it's a scientific fact - the more Irish there are in one place, the merrier everyone is!

Very true - hee hee! :D

My Dad has never lost the accent despite being here many years.

I go to Dublin fairly regularly to visit the family - beautiful city :)

Weighed in today as I couldn't wait - and finally down 5 lbs! :D

I don't have much to report on at the moment, save that I can spy a jawline emerging and can figure out where my collarbone is meant to be! There doesn't seem to be any area of me that is reduced but I feel lighter, my skin is in great condition, overall I feel clean.
I'm going home at the start of April and I can't wait to see the reactions of my family when they see the difference!

My paternal grandmother will be thrilled, she's been proud of nearly everything I've done but always shyly asks me to keep going and lose a bit of weight, but never in a critical way. I think she could be even prouder of me (and even have a little boast!) if I had the whole package, the degree, the career, living abroad and now beautiful to boot!

My maternal grandmother measures her own self-worth by the scales so there's no doubt that she'll be impressed. I already know that she'll still think I'm fat when I'm ten stone so I don't intend to set much store by her opinion on it, she prefers a virtually flat-chested, androgynous look whereas I (thankfully) am structured like a woman underneath the lining.

My parents will be delighted, they (obviously) knew me before I put on weight and so they've witnessed my long slide into obesity, misery, low self-esteem and the terrible decisions and mistakes I've made as a result. Every time I feel lonely or sad or regretful I know that my weight has been at the bottom of it, I wasn't brought up to be miserable! Until about 19 I was so confident, I loved myself before anyone else and therefore people loved me, it's difficult not to be attracted to someone who's just comfortable in their skin.

Once I started to put on weight I started doubting myself and that allowed people to take advantage, eventually leaving me distrustful and socially awkward. I retreated into myself and became so used to solitude that I dreaded meeting people, I lost old friends because I'd bail on plans at the last minute which to them was ignorance and rudeness but the reasons behind it were panic and fear. I stayed in a toxic relationship for far too long and it'll take quite some time to drop off the baggage I accumulated during it, both emotional and physical!

I feel too old to be only 24 and yet I've done so little. Time has just ticked away and I've lost years of productivity, I've got a world to see and even less time now to do it in! I do believe that when I lose the weight I'll find a lighter, easier way of living.

Perhaps this is all a little deep for a sunny Saturday morning but I think it's important to get this recorded. I want to be able to look back at how I felt at the start of this quest and be so horrified that I vow never to get into that state again.

Until then however, I must shake!!

I am not one to display emotion easily or be tactile but your post is so searingly honest, I think I felt a twitch in my stiff upper lip!
A stór, I am so glad to hear you are breaking out of the abyss of self doubt and loathing you seemed to have found yourself mired in.
As a veteran of almost 40 years, it seems to me that you have wasted very little of your life, maybe look at it as a speed-bump on the sometimes rocky road of life.
I spent 8 years of my life caught in a hopeless spiral of alcohol addiction, that is nearly ten years ago now and I can finally look back at that time and salute it, rather than regret it. It makes me sad at times but most of the time I feel that experience has made me a much better person- I see life as a very complex phenomenon and I tend to see things in grey rather than black or white- put simply, I love life and I try to grab it by the b***s when I can. That is probably why I was so drawn to your posts- you had the courage to break out of the life you were living and make a new life in another country!
Thanks again for your eloquence and honesty
O

Thank you for yours, it's an incredible feat to overcome an illness like that and it explains a lot about your 'one day at a time' philosophy! I know I will get over this, I'm just so determined that it's impossible not to, I'm just annoyed it ever happened in the first place! You're an inspiration O, I'm really pleased to have encountered you here!

I've decided to change my weigh-in day to Sunday mornings for the following reasons:
- Sunday, for me, is the most challenging day to complete. If I weigh in that morning it will either prove to me that it's working and therefore vanquish any temptation to cheat, or should I have a STS or low loss it will show me that the work is not yet done and I need to keep at it.
- I can weigh in about half an hour after I wake up, as for some reason I weigh more when I first get out of bed. Weekday mornings don't allow for faffing about undressed for half an hour!

This week I'll be cutting short as it's running from Tuesday, but I am pleased to announce that I've still lost enough to make it a satisfactory weigh-in! Since Tuesday I have lost a further 7lb! This takes me up to a 23lb loss in (less than) two weeks! I'm hoping that by next week I should be able to see physical manifestations of the weight loss, but if not my reasoning is that I'm losing visceral fat, the dangerous type that settles around the organs. I'd far rather lose that than look pretty!

Hi Want2beMe,
Well done:D, nearly two stone already!
Thanks for your kind words, I don't normally talk about that side of my life but I felt it appropriate on this occasion to help a fabulous young girl see that the world is her oyster!
Don't worry I won't be bombarding you with slogans or mantras, that is not my style! But the one I stand firm by is that it is not even 'one day at a time', it's from 'head off the pillow' until 'Head hits the pillow'.
Now I will have to start listening to my own tinpot wisdom- I didn't lose anything this week:sigh:, can't really say I am surprised as I was flying very close to the wind last week.........I am going to try TS this week , God help my poor family! we are off for a week so they will get the full blast of my crankiness until the blessed ketosis arrives, that holy yogic state;).
It will have to wait until tomorrow though as we are heading to a family gathering today and 'Plastic food' just won't cut it- you know Irish family gatherings yourself..........stones of spuds, lashings of legumes etc etc:D.
Have a lovely Sunday,
Keep warm,
O

How have you found this week? It's so hard in the cold, isn't it? I can't wait until it thaws out a little, I think this will be easier then

Sorry for the late reply! This week hasn't been too bad thanks. I've been on leave from work, so I've taken the opportunity of the bad weather to have a big clear out at home. It's by no means finished, but I've taken two car loads to the tip, and one to the charity show so far! How on earth did I manage to hoard so much junk!?

I've decided to change my weigh-in day to Sunday mornings for the following reasons:
- Sunday, for me, is the most challenging day to complete. If I weigh in that morning it will either prove to me that it's working and therefore vanquish any temptation to cheat, or should I have a STS or low loss it will show me that the work is not yet done and I need to keep at it.
- I can weigh in about half an hour after I wake up, as for some reason I weigh more when I first get out of bed. Weekday mornings don't allow for faffing about undressed for half an hour!

This week I'll be cutting short as it's running from Tuesday, but I am pleased to announce that I've still lost enough to make it a satisfactory weigh-in! Since Tuesday I have lost a further 7lb! This takes me up to a 23lb loss in (less than) two weeks!

I'm a Sunday weigher too :) Originally I chose Sundays because I'm doing Exante alongside my boyfriend (AKA The Man). We don't live together, but we're nearly always together on Sundays so it seemed like a good day to weigh ourselves.
I find that it does help focus the mind over the weekends though - for instance, yesterday I went for a spa afternoon with two of my friends and lunch was included.
I decided to have my first even WS day (normally I just say no to everything involving food) but everything on the menu had a carb element to it (baguettes, sandwiches, jacket potatoes).
I explained to the waitress that I was on a very low carb diet, and requested a tuna salad instead. My request was granted, but when my salad came to the table, there was a hot half baguette of bread and butter on the side :eek: And hot bread just smells soooo good!
If my weigh-in hadn't been today, I think I would've given in and eaten it (it's so hard when the food is already on the table!), but I really didn't want to risk any carb bloating or extra calories so I resisted.

Anyway, less of my rambling...
Well done on the 7lb loss, that's amazing for such a short week, you must be thrilled :)
Here's to a great week ahead!
x

Hi,
How are you doing thsi week Want2beMe? Have you defrosted yet over there in the 'Big Shmoke'?
Just thought I would check in with you- I miss your witty posts, now that I am off for a few days I expect everyone else to come out to play!!
All well here, having a pretty good week- not fully TS but much more disciplined thatn I was last week. Feel myself getting fitter, which is great! I also have a lot more energy, the horrible lethargy & apathy I found myself wallowing in over the past year is lifting!
Off to town now, my other half is bringing me to lunch, that is such a rare phenomenon that I am not going to allow a diet spoil it- so I am going to ask to be brought to a lovely little seafood place! That way I can minimise the damage to my diet and still get my money's worth out of my date.......what evil scheming creatures we are.......:cool:
Looking forward to hearing from you soon.
Keep the home fires burning!
O:D

oliverstjohn said:
Hi,
How are you doing thsi week Want2beMe? Have you defrosted yet over there in the 'Big Shmoke'?
Just thought I would check in with you- I miss your witty posts, now that I am off for a few days I expect everyone else to come out to play!!
All well here, having a pretty good week- not fully TS but much more disciplined thatn I was last week. Feel myself getting fitter, which is great! I also have a lot more energy, the horrible lethargy & apathy I found myself wallowing in over the past year is lifting!
Off to town now, my other half is bringing me to lunch, that is such a rare phenomenon that I am not going to allow a diet spoil it- so I am going to ask to be brought to a lovely little seafood place! That way I can minimise the damage to my diet and still get my money's worth out of my date.......what evil scheming creatures we are.......:cool:
Looking forward to hearing from you soon.
Keep the home fires burning!
O:D

Hello dear! I'm sorry I haven't checked in at all this week, my job has become even more of a nuisance than usual and I'm just hitting the hay in the evenings! I hope you had a lovely lunch, I'm super jealous! It's funny how a lower result can make you work so much harder the following week isn't it? Glad that it is working for you though, it's a tough lifestyle to stick to but we know it works in the end!! How's your mid-term been?

Alex_1978 said:
Sorry for the late reply! This week hasn't been too bad thanks. I've been on leave from work, so I've taken the opportunity of the bad weather to have a big clear out at home. It's by no means finished, but I've taken two car loads to the tip, and one to the charity show so far! How on earth did I manage to hoard so much junk!?

I'm a Sunday weigher too :) Originally I chose Sundays because I'm doing Exante alongside my boyfriend (AKA The Man). We don't live together, but we're nearly always together on Sundays so it seemed like a good day to weigh ourselves.
I find that it does help focus the mind over the weekends though - for instance, yesterday I went for a spa afternoon with two of my friends and lunch was included.
I decided to have my first even WS day (normally I just say no to everything involving food) but everything on the menu had a carb element to it (baguettes, sandwiches, jacket potatoes).
I explained to the waitress that I was on a very low carb diet, and requested a tuna salad instead. My request was granted, but when my salad came to the table, there was a hot half baguette of bread and butter on the side :eek: And hot bread just smells soooo good!
If my weigh-in hadn't been today, I think I would've given in and eaten it (it's so hard when the food is already on the table!), but I really didn't want to risk any carb bloating or extra calories so I resisted.

Anyway, less of my rambling...
Well done on the 7lb loss, that's amazing for such a short week, you must be thrilled :)
Here's to a great week ahead!
x

Ooh that means you're due a weigh in today, let me know how you get on!

The smell of hot bread slays me, I can't even think too much about it for fear of a total meltdown. Mostly though I crave olives and cheese, grana padano would just hit the spot!

I'm off to weigh in now, here's hoping for a good week!

Back to do a (very) brief update - porridge. I love it. I will eat it always, for it is so delicious. I had it with cinnamon and nutmeg and to be honest, anything that serves as a medium for those delicious woody flavours is going to go down well in my town! I'm really fearful for my weigh in this week. I've lost two stone in three weeks and as they say, something's gotta give. I am strongly anticipating a STS on Sunday morning.
Tomorrow is the beginning of lent and while I'm not religious in the slightest, I'm all about the self-flagellation at the moment and have taken my inspiration from another poster here and will give up the services of the lift for the next 40 days. This will bring me past my home visit too so hopefully my legs will still be in working order by the end.

It's slightly disappointing that even with 2 stone off I can't really see a huge difference in my body.
There are a few key markers that will satisfy me as to the effectiveness of the plan - once my horrific 'back fat' disappears I'll be able to look at my body and feel thinner.

Collarbones reappearing would also be nice, as would hipbones but I'm not holding them to a schedule.

In the face I'd like to have no bulges when I smile, lose any spare chins that are loitering, banish that wrinkle (fat wrinkle) between my brows and get rid of the second crease in my eyelid. Other people don't seem to have it and I'm not convinced it's serving a purpose on my face either.

I know that nothing is going to budge me off this diet, low losses included but I'd really, really appreciate another 21lb by the end of march. If I had lost 3 and a half stone by the time I got home I would be a hero, a champion!

Hoping...

I just love your posts!

Such a sense of humour :D

I share your pain over the eyelid thing - I think I have 3 extra ones!

Still, onwards and downwards we go! :)

Back