Tuesday Weighers

Tiny Dancer said:
Ha that is so true! I'm counting the minutes to next Tuesday, just so I can banish some more pounds!!

Another 2 and a half off tonight for me, delighted!

Well done :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Another 2lbs off for me this week. A bit annoyed as I was really wanting another 1/2 to get my 4 1/2 stone award. Oh well definately get it next week! Well done to everyone else who's weighed in today.

A measly 1.5lbs for my first week. :cry: I know why though.

Aiming to get at least three pounds off next week :cool:

Although the lady told us exercise didn't really help weight loss and only "added one or two pounds to your weight loss each month." Eh? :confused:

A measly 1.5lbs for my first week. :cry: I know why though.

Aiming to get at least three pounds off next week :cool:

Although the lady told us exercise didn't really help weight loss and only "added one or two pounds to your weight loss each month." Eh? :confused:

errrrrm- no....i would like to know where her logic came from

If you are doing weight lifting, and building up a LOT of muscle, then yeah i guess you can put on some weight- but the inches will fall off you.

But- if you do cardio exercise- swimming, walking, jogging, dancing etcetc- then you're more likely to burn off fat.

So don't be lifting 40kg weights- focus on some cardio- anything that gets your heart pumping (yes even the naughty stuff can be classed as body magic apparently ;) heehee)

errrrrm- no....i would like to know where her logic came from

If you are doing weight lifting, and building up a LOT of muscle, then yeah i guess you can put on some weight- but the inches will fall off you.

But- if you do cardio exercise- swimming, walking, jogging, dancing etcetc- then you're more likely to burn off fat.

So don't be lifting 40kg weights- focus on some cardio- anything that gets your heart pumping (yes even the naughty stuff can be classed as body magic apparently ;) heehee)

Haha yeah I thought that! Maybe she was just making excuses :p

I doubt I'll be getting that kind of action this week, sadly! ;)

Haha yeah I thought that! Maybe she was just making excuses :p

I doubt I'll be getting that kind of action this week, sadly! ;)

Pfft- it's not done me any harm- no action and still lost 4 stone :8855:

OSCARIA - How did you do???? Surely 1 piece of cheesecake in a week is not going to wreck it all (Did you use all your other syns this week?).
Here's hoping it went better than expected.

I had a brilliant WI..

3.5lb off - takes me under 21 stone!
Was given slimmer of the Month for August which somehow I didn't get given last month..
slimmer of the week..
Slimmer of the Month for September!

So miffed I didn't win the raffle :p

Our consultant also doesn't put much store by excercise, and I kind of agree that with the SW plan it's more about what you put in your mouth. However I have seen a discussion on here in the past about excercise and size.

The upshot of it was there were two ladies in the same group of the same build, same weight and same height, one was a size 22 the other approaching an 18... the only difference, one of them excercised reguarly, the other one did none.

So even though it may not show on the scales if you're excercising, it will show in your dress size!

One tip though, don't excercise the day before, or the day of your WI.. lactic acid builds up in the muscles - and that is liquid so weighs heavy!

4lb off... got my 1+half stone award and now part of club 10 - double woohoo :)

I had a brilliant WI..

Was given slimmer of the Month for August which somehow I didn't get given last month..
slimmer of the week..

Our consultant also doesn't put much store by excercise, and I kind of agree that with the SW plan it's more about what you put in your mouth. However I have seen a discussion on here in the past about excercise and size.

The upshot of it was there were two ladies in the same group of the same build, same weight and same height, one was a size 22 the other approaching an 18... the only difference, one of them excercised reguarly, the other one did none.

So even though it may not show on the scales if you're excercising, it will show in your dress size!

One tip though, don't excercise the day before, or the day of your WI.. lactic acid builds up in the muscles - and that is liquid so weighs heavy!

Good tip with the not exercising the day before as I have seen this happen.

Couldnt agree more, although you wont neccassarilty see it on the scales you will feel it. Also I find I eat better when I have a good gym routine. I don't know if its my body asking for the right things or a mental thing where you don't want to undo your good hard work by shoveling cake down.

I would recomment doing a little bit of weights, but more of a low weigh high repatitions, this should help banish the bingo wings and the cellulite. And a little bit of muscle helps you burn fat quicker.

So all in all a thumbs up for the exercise :)

Although I have discovered that it isn't enough to just exercise which is why I am here doing slimming world.

Well done everone on your losses hopefully I will be joining you nxt week.

Malibu xx

I had a brilliant WI..

slimmer of the week..

My main worry about losing all this weight is saggy skin :sigh: so i do a lot of exercise (well- i try lol) and that hopefully will tone some of my bod up. But it definitely shows in the dress sizes- since april i've lost over 6 inches off my waist and over 4 inches off each thigh. and my "apron" is getting a bit smaller :) hopefully that'll be gone completely in a few months- i HATE my apron :(

little_bubblez said:
My main worry about losing all this weight is saggy skin :sigh: so i do a lot of exercise (well- i try lol) and that hopefully will tone some of my bod up. But it definitely shows in the dress sizes- since april i've lost over 6 inches off my waist and over 4 inches off each thigh. and my "apron" is getting a bit smaller :) hopefully that'll be gone completely in a few months- i HATE my apron :(

I worry about that too and have noticed loose skin under my arms going to get some little weights later and see if I can tone it up . I'll never loose my apron after having 6 babies in my tummy the biggest being 10lb 10 my tummy has stretched rather alot over the years lol
You are doing really well well done :)

I worry about that too and have noticed loose skin under my arms going to get some little weights later and see if I can tone it up . I'll never loose my apron after having 6 babies in my tummy the biggest being 10lb 10 my tummy has stretched rather alot over the years lol
You are doing really well well done :)

I do some danciing, which i need to do more of- and mainly walking. Hoping that I can get another free gym pass off the NHS for doing the lifestyle and weight management course.....i'll go the gym more now that I'm less self conscious about my size. The odd bit of swimming will come in handy :)

I'm hoping that the fact that I'm only 23 will be in my favour when it comes to loose skin. My mum thinks because I'm younger, I should be able to tone up easier....but knowing my luck i'll just be one big sag :( lol

little_bubblez said:
I do some danciing, which i need to do more of- and mainly walking. Hoping that I can get another free gym pass off the NHS for doing the lifestyle and weight management course.....i'll go the gym more now that I'm less self conscious about my size. The odd bit of swimming will come in handy :)

I'm hoping that the fact that I'm only 23 will be in my favour when it comes to loose skin. My mum thinks because I'm younger, I should be able to tone up easier....but knowing my luck i'll just be one big sag :( lol

Yes that fact your young does help not an old bird like me at 37 lol . I don't really do anything special I use my wii fit several times a week and do a fair bit of walking that's it . Am thinking of joining a gym or starting some sort of excersise class to help myself as much as I can . Keep it up though I think you've done so well :)

Well done on the weight losses everyone.:)
I am going out for a walk soon with the dog, that my kind of exercise, may go on the wii later.

Lost another 1.5lb last night, def feeling more positive, great group and a great consultant, it really helps. Great to hear how people are doing on here, can pick up all sorts of tips.

OSCARIA - How did you do???? Surely 1 piece of cheesecake in a week is not going to wreck it all (Did you use all your other syns this week?).
Here's hoping it went better than expected.

Thanks for asking. Just 1.5lbs, sadly. I think it's because I had bread as well though.

I want to be good this week, I'm going to go swimming :eek: How did you do?

Don't feel bad about it Oscaria, not everyone looses a lot at first. If you loose even a 1lb a week that is still a stone in 14 weeks. Keep going, are you filling in a food diary, they do help, so you know where you are.:)

Back