Tuesday Weighers

7lb on my first ever week, never got to those dizzy heights again, but did have 3lb losses reguarly, but since re-join the biggest loss I've had has been 2lb, and I'm not cheating at all - I used to cheat all the time last time!

I'm just consoling myself with the fact if it keeps on going slowly I won't need an op to take away the skin. One of my biggest reasons for losing weight is to avoid surgery, so would be a bit futile to have to have an op at the end of it all to take away the skin - though I would be a LOT safer to have an op by then!

Mine was 8lb 1st week 7.5 2nd week now average between 3 & 4 but am expecting things to slow down now

Well my goal is to get down to 14 st for Xmas day which is 16 weeks away. That averages out at 1.5 lbs more or less exactly, but say if I lost 7/8 in the first week, I'd be looking at only an average of 1lb per week, so I'm really looking forward to my weigh in!! :)

can i please have a big whinge about our C? I put on 1.5lbs last week and i had been poorly but i hadnt gone over weekly syns, had superspeed soup daily, had walked 8 miles and done a zumba class! Was gutted, anyway, was double checking syn values online to try see where i might have slipped up and i checked the syn value of the McCain rustic chips, which our C had brought to our groups attention as being 1 syn a whole bag, cooked!! She said to count them as 1/2 a syn a portion even though we wouldnt be eating half a bag a time obviously!

Well, online they are 1 syn per 100g RAW, 2.5 syns per 100g cooked!!! so that's 25 syns a bag!!!

i text her this and when she replied she a) had deleted my number so had no idea who i was!!! and b)couldnt have given less of a damn!

I got "Checked online, those are correct syns, soz! How is ur week going?"

So i explained i had put on, that i am weaning my daughter and cutting back on HEX and have totally lost motivation for this week after my gain, and i'm sure those chips had a part to play as we had them 4 times in last 10 days and i definately didnt weight them or count the syns anywhere NEAR that high. I said i was feeling a bit lost and "meh".

She replied "Oh! Difficult time! I'm sure you'll get thry it! At least you can put your gain down to something rather than not knowing which is harder to understand. Have a good weekend, if you need me you know where i am! x"

Which made me feel even more demoralised as i just explained how i was feeling and got nothing back! When i first joined she didnt tell me about the HEX at all as apparently she didnt want to embarrass me in front of the class by talking about breastfeeding (even though i was sat there, feeding my daughter for most of the class!) and then when she DID tell me, she got the amounts wrong....

Now, my question is how i raise the chips issue in class as the wrong syn value? Jumping from 1 syn a bag to 25syns is huge so people who are still under the impression they are practically syn free need to be told. And i know it was our regular C who told us about them as she had brought the empty packet in with a huge 1 written on it in marker! And i text a couple of ladies to check with my appalling hearing that i hadnt got the wrong end of the stick!

I'm just losing faith in her and it upsets me cos i love the ladies at my group and dont want to leave.Advice please?

Hi I have been going to SW for two weeks and am considering changing group. She doesn't weigh us, as she gets someone else, usually a member, to do that, whilst another member takes the money. She just stands and chats to her fav member. As a result she doesn't know most peoples names, and we have to wave at her as she calls our names with weight loss at the end. I don't feel there is a chance to talk to her one o. One about more confidential health issues affecting my diet. I feel the advantage of being in a group and paying each week should be more than getting weighed by a diff person each week. So I would seriously consider changing groups.

If your C does not seem interested you could do the same? I know a member came to our group to try something new as she felt a bit stagnant in her old one.

Dani

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Oooh that doesn't sound good, maybe she will fess up at the beginning of next class about the syn values, so you won't have to.

But if she doesn't I would definitely say something. Maybe during image therapy when she gives you your weight, would there be a chance to let everyone know then? Nicely of course!

I love my group tho, the other ladies are fab :) Our C gets another member to weigh us too - i thought that was normal?

We have anothet member takes mo ey and another weigbs us. Our C mingles with us in the first half hour during weigh time and makes herself available to chat and answer questions, which i think is great.

I would not move groups. Granted your C sounds like she sucks but slimming world is about so much more and you obviously love your group. If she is bad just check stuff on here or on the website but din't lose the other members you love jyst because of a crappy c. It would be a shame

Yes our Consultant mingles with people whilst theres two particular members that weigh us. I'm sure thats standard as I've been to a few different groups over the years and its always been the same.

Otherwise the new members wouldn't be able to have their introduction talk as there wouldn't be time.

x

can i please have a big whinge about our C? I put on 1.5lbs last week and i had been poorly but i hadnt gone over weekly syns, had superspeed soup daily, had walked 8 miles and done a zumba class! Was gutted, anyway, was double checking syn values online to try see where i might have slipped up and i checked the syn value of the McCain rustic chips, which our C had brought to our groups attention as being 1 syn a whole bag, cooked!! She said to count them as 1/2 a syn a portion even though we wouldnt be eating half a bag a time obviously!

Well, online they are 1 syn per 100g RAW, 2.5 syns per 100g cooked!!! so that's 25 syns a bag!!!

i text her this and when she replied she a) had deleted my number so had no idea who i was!!! and b)couldnt have given less of a damn!

I got "Checked online, those are correct syns, soz! How is ur week going?"

So i explained i had put on, that i am weaning my daughter and cutting back on HEX and have totally lost motivation for this week after my gain, and i'm sure those chips had a part to play as we had them 4 times in last 10 days and i definately didnt weight them or count the syns anywhere NEAR that high. I said i was feeling a bit lost and "meh".

She replied "Oh! Difficult time! I'm sure you'll get thry it! At least you can put your gain down to something rather than not knowing which is harder to understand. Have a good weekend, if you need me you know where i am! x"

Which made me feel even more demoralised as i just explained how i was feeling and got nothing back! When i first joined she didnt tell me about the HEX at all as apparently she didnt want to embarrass me in front of the class by talking about breastfeeding (even though i was sat there, feeding my daughter for most of the class!) and then when she DID tell me, she got the amounts wrong....

Now, my question is how i raise the chips issue in class as the wrong syn value? Jumping from 1 syn a bag to 25syns is huge so people who are still under the impression they are practically syn free need to be told. And i know it was our regular C who told us about them as she had brought the empty packet in with a huge 1 written on it in marker! And i text a couple of ladies to check with my appalling hearing that i hadnt got the wrong end of the stick!

I'm just losing faith in her and it upsets me cos i love the ladies at my group and dont want to leave.Advice please?

i wouldnt necessarily bring it up in front of the class as this culd cause friction between you and your c and make it more difficult between you. i would maybe spread the word quietly through the group and see if she brings it up. i would imagine the reason her text was so impersonal was perhaps because she misinformed you and as a result you gained leaving you feeling demoralised and fed up. some people just arent brilliant at personal matters and dont like to say much for fear of offending anyone so try to stay neutral and this sounds like this is what she did. she was right about one thing though, you do know why you have gained and at least you can correct it and move on, it was her mistake and she should have apologised properly but dont let it put you off and lose your motivation, look how well you have done so far. just pick yourself up, dust yourself down and start again hunni, and if you stay with the class make sure you check any syn values she gives you online first just to be sure. good luck i hope you have a good loss this week xx

Not a great week. Was away so ate a lot of naughty but nice food. Did do a lot of body magic as walked A LOT!

And now it's my TOTM so that's made it a tad harder :-(

At least I have 4 days to try and reign it back a bit :-\

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Lydiahoyle said:
Hope u had a lovely holiday I'm sure it wad worth it! It's also my totm and finding it hard!! Us women really do get it thrown at us!! Good luck for Thursday xx

Thanks Lydia x I just told my hubby need carbs tonight so we are having savoury rice and chicken. Do most people crave carbs at TOTM? Anyway I guess I do have a few more days. Definitely a gain but hopefully not too much!

i crave carbs when i'm due on- i want that stodgy, heavy feeling in my tummy

i've made bacon and butternut squash risotto a few times- definitely hits the spot :D

not too sure if this is *the* recipe but it looks right

Butternut squash and bacon risotto

1 leek, washed and finely chopped
198g/7oz lean bacon, cut into bite size pieces
4 garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
255g/9oz dried risotto rice
397g/14oz butternut squash, cut into small bite size pieces
852ml/1 1/2pt boiling hot chicken stock (I used 2 low salt stock cubes & 1 normal)
salt and freshly ground black pepper
4 tbsp finely chopped chives

1. Heat a large, non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Add the leek and bacon and stir-fry for 3-4 mins.
2. Add the garlic, rice and butternut squash and stir-fry for 2-3 mins. Add a ladleful of the boiling stock and stir and cook until the liquid is absorbed. Repeat, adding a ladleful at a time, until half the stock is used up.
3. Continue to cook in this way until the stock is used up and the rice is creamy and al dente, and the squash is tender. This should take about 20-25 mins
4.Remove from the heat, season well (I seasoned while it was cooking) and stir in the chopped chives. Serve ladled into warmed bowls and eat immediately.

(i also added a red pepper to make it more colourful :D)

Lydiahoyle said:
I crave carbs but mainly sweet things so I have been hideous! Just writing last few days off and will start tomorrow. Nevermind, onwards and downwards! We all need a break. Xx

Didn't go too mad with carbs. Shared 1 packet of savoury rice and had tons of squash too (which was quite sweet I guess) :)

Tomorrows gonna be hard though :-(

little_bubblez said:
not too sure if this is *the* recipe but it looks right

Butternut squash and bacon risotto

1 leek, washed and finely chopped
198g/7oz lean bacon, cut into bite size pieces
4 garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
255g/9oz dried risotto rice
397g/14oz butternut squash, cut into small bite size pieces
852ml/1 1/2pt boiling hot chicken stock (I used 2 low salt stock cubes & 1 normal)
salt and freshly ground black pepper
4 tbsp finely chopped chives

1. Heat a large, non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Add the leek and bacon and stir-fry for 3-4 mins.
2. Add the garlic, rice and butternut squash and stir-fry for 2-3 mins. Add a ladleful of the boiling stock and stir and cook until the liquid is absorbed. Repeat, adding a ladleful at a time, until half the stock is used up.
3. Continue to cook in this way until the stock is used up and the rice is creamy and al dente, and the squash is tender. This should take about 20-25 mins
4.Remove from the heat, season well (I seasoned while it was cooking) and stir in the chopped chives. Serve ladled into warmed bowls and eat immediately.

(i also added a red pepper to make it more colourful :D)

Mmmmmm could totally have this but without the bacon :)

Weigh in tomorrow (obviously!) and there's something about this week that's making me think I haven't done very well... Eek. I've stuck to the plan 100% for the whole week but I just think it's because I want it so badly that I'm getting all jittery for tomorrow...

Oh well we will have to see! x

Back