Tuesday Weighers

What plan are you on? Sometimes a mix of red/green/EE works for people, and sometimes you need to pick one plan and stick with it and see how it works out and if it's no good for you, try another one.

I walk everywhere, and live a good 2 mile round trip to the nearest shop lol. I also do a 3 mile walk with a friend two evenings during the week. All in all, I walk at least 2 miles a day, and up to 5/6 miles some days. Along with that I do the cleaning in the house and have 3 kids (one only 2 years old) to run around after. I have a husky, who brings ME for walks, and I do Wii Fit plus as well. There are some weeks I STS despite all that, even sticking to plan.
Happens to us all. Our bodies are like a well oiled machine, and like any mechanism, sometimes it slows down. Try having some green tea, to boost your metabolism. Change out your HEX's. Having bread every day might have lulled your metabolism into a stasis state.
Increase your exercise, even if it's only a 20 minute walk a day, (or even spend ten mins in the evenings running up and down the stairs til you feel fit to pass out haha), and do have your syns. They are important.

If feeling desperate, have a night off. Sometimes that can restart our systems, and wake our bodies up.

If feeling realllllly desperate, take a week off, and see how much you gain. It might shock you, and even if SW is not for you, there are a plethora of diets out there. I'm sure you'll find one that suits you best.

But,... don't leave US! lol

Thanks hun.
Didn't talk to C - too busy running out of door crying. Last time I spoke to her, she was just bit dismissive, and she's always with the new people joing so you don't get chance to chat to her till end of class (2 hours later!)

Prior to SW i did no exercise and now i'm doing 2 Zumba classes. I've had soooo much superfree. this week had NO CARBS other than my HEX of wm bread a day.

When you try soooo hard and get no where its hard to stay motivated. I would have been fed up at a 0.5lb loss but least it would have still been a loss. But a gain!!!

The people i've got friends with in my group are:
Mel (had 3 weeks of plan, eating all sorts) - gained 0.5lb
Karen - has lost 3 - 4lb EVERY WEEK (went out for bday lunch yday & had curly fries, onion rings etc etc) and lost 2lb
Tracy - did Zumba twice last wk for 1st time every & had ok week food wise (few treats) and lost 3.5lb
Why is it working for them and not me???

I writed down EVERYTHING i eat, and everyone tells me my diaries look right so Why?

Hi Slimbysummer, ive only been doing slimming world for 4weeks, but i felt exactally the same last night when i got weighed and I stayed the same. I had such a good week full of superfree and free food, and 1 day wen i had a treat so no way i used my 70syns for the week. I really wanted to just up and leave, cry, and throw stuff, no matter what people said in class, in my head i just thought (its easy for you to say that when you've lost) but gracefully nodded and accepted the advice. Then on the way home it clicked, im doing this for me, no one else, and if i give up im only going to have let myself down again. So im goning to try my very hardest this week, and makes sure im weight my HEA and HEB, making sure i have at least 5 syns per day, lots of dluid, and a positive attitude, and hope it pays off next week. I really hope it gets better for you, and you have a good loss next week :D

Lost 2lb. I stayed the same last week, assuming due to star week, thought I'd see an extra loss this week but back on the 'normal' loss for me of 2lb. I think sometimes there's just no explanation for what the body does you just got to try your best to keep and plan and take pride that you have a healthy diet. Hopefully the weight loss will follow :) x

MalibuStacey said:
0.5lb off for me :) same again if not more for me next week please!!!

Malibu xx

Well done

CurvyKaren said:
Well everyone... 2.5lb off. It was SO 2 and three quarters because it went between 2.5lb and 3lb and then settled on 2.5lb. I'm happy anyway. I'm 1.5lb away from my 2.5 stone since August!

The most important bit is I'm in the "16s" !!! Yay!

x

Excellent well done

claireerose-x said:
Just got back from weigh in..... 2.5lbs gone :D:D so flamin' happy... total now 1stone 3.5lbs gone, now motivated to lose that 3.5lbs to get my 1.5stone shiney. I'm back on track! xx

Brilliant well done

Slimbysummer said:
I GIVE UP!!!!!
0.5.lb on - can't of done anymore

Oh Hun :( ((((()))) you did so well too . I really hope it shows next week

honeybee5 said:
Lost 2lb. I stayed the same last week, assuming due to star week, thought I'd see an extra loss this week but back on the 'normal' loss for me of 2lb. I think sometimes there's just no explanation for what the body does you just got to try your best to keep and plan and take pride that you have a healthy diet. Hopefully the weight loss will follow :) x

Well done

What plan are you on? Sometimes a mix of red/green/EE works for people, and sometimes you need to pick one plan and stick with it and see how it works out and if it's no good for you, try another one.

Change out your HEX's. Having bread every day might have lulled your metabolism into a stasis state.
Increase your exercise, even if it's only a 20 minute walk a day, (or even spend ten mins in the evenings running up and down the stairs til you feel fit to pass out haha), and do have your syns. They are important.

If feeling desperate, have a night off. Sometimes that can restart our systems, and wake our bodies up.

But,... don't leave US! lol

I've tried EE, red & green, a whole week green & whole week red - no pattern formed other than EE didn't seem to work for me. I tried it for 4 wk and only lost 0.5lb.

Will lay off the bread and see how that works though.

As for exercise - i upped it last wk and i crashed energy wise end of week (i have m.e so have to be careful) so tempted to have a less active week, but still do my
Zumba class.

As for the night / week off - sorely tempted but worried if i do and then gain i will feel really guilty but if don't loose weight this week will def have do this!

Don't forget hydration! It's so, so important if you're doing anything even mildy active. And half the time when you think you're hungry, it's thirst.
8 glasses of water a day is the minimum required by our bodies to stay hydrated, but if exercising, increase by at least another 500ml.
You don't just have to have water, of course. Diet drinks, tea, juice, it's all liquids!
Let us know how you get on during the week and the best of luck x

Well done everyone, keep it up - and to those who haven't lost what they wanted keep your chin up, it will happen!

My WI is at 5... counting down now eek!

Hello all! I'm joining slimming world tonight. Just found out I only put on 8 tiny little stone during my pregnancy and I don't think home weighing is going to cut it as I have such a long journey ahead of me. I was already 2 stone overweight so an impressive 10 stone gain in 2 years. I'm hoping our instructor is a Sergeant-major type who will berate me into slimness. I might just cry.

Wish me luck.

Lost 1.5 this week so I am pleased. I dont know why but I have a feeling that I am going to be a really slow loser:p, but for some reason this doesnt bother me like it once would have.
Well done everyone and welcome wide mouth frog. Best of luck for the week ahead.

1lb lose for me this week, not happy with that at all as got so much to lose.
I dont feel like my consultant care about anyone in her group as she never listens or has time for anyone.
Today my sister weighed first and before she had even got off the scales she put her hand out to take my book, then i said on and she said u lost a pound well done next.
Is anyone elses consultant like that or is it just might?
It just feel like why am i paying £5 to stand on scales

Well done to everyone! keep up the good work!

Tracey I am in Ireland and our consultant does not do the weighin one of her helpers does. While weighin is on she is having the talk with new members. I had just presumbed this was slimming worlds format. In the meeting the leader goes through some of the weight losses and gains, but I would would prefer to be weighed by the consultant. In fairness the leader is nice and full of praise. I am only there 3 weeks so its too early to form a proper opinion but I do feel she is too stretched.

hi thanks for that. there r 2 other consultants in the area so i might have to give that a try or just weigh at home and save the money in a pot for new clothes when i drop down a size lol

Back