Tuesday Weighers

Hope everyone is enjoying the weekend.
I'm having the same pre-WI anxiety I had last week today- I keep thinking that after such a great loss last week I'm gonna have put some on this week despite doing all the right things. This is the one thing I'm finding hard about following the plan- really hoping that after a few weeks of doing it I won't worry so much about WI's. I did manage to not let one of my big triggers (being stuck on an assignment) have me reaching for some biscuits to go with my cuppa yesterday which made me feel good, but honestly I feel like I'm on the verge of beating myself because I can't stop worrying about WI- like that some how makes me a failure.

Sorry for the miserable post, I just need to get it out somewhere.

MelScarlet said:
Hope everyone is enjoying the weekend.
I'm having the same pre-WI anxiety I had last week today- I keep thinking that after such a great loss last week I'm gonna have put some on this week despite doing all the right things. This is the one thing I'm finding hard about following the plan- really hoping that after a few weeks of doing it I won't worry so much about WI's. I did manage to not let one of my big triggers (being stuck on an assignment) have me reaching for some biscuits to go with my cuppa yesterday which made me feel good, but honestly I feel like I'm on the verge of beating myself because I can't stop worrying about WI- like that some how makes me a failure.

Sorry for the miserable post, I just need to get it out somewhere.

Hi there melScarlett. I know where you're coming from as i still get pre wi anxiety. It hasn't really gone away for me though I have set myself a goal of no gains on my journey. STS and small losses all totally acceptable. So my anxiety is often about that. I am usually 100% so I know there's no reason to worry. So it's just about staying 100% and I often imagine what I want (realistically) to see on the scales at WI and try to aim for that during the week. That's what keeps me on plan. Don't get despondent just keep chipping away and before you know it you will be getting towards target. You have done brilliantly resisting the urge to have things you don't want to eat so keep at it. It does get easier and once you've been doing the diet for about 3 weeks you should be able to trust it a bit more. Good luck :)

Thank you, I'm feeling much more positive today- need to just keep telling myself there is no reason why I can't do this and try not to listen to that little voice in my head that likes to pop up to tell me I'm too rubbish to do anything or at least remember its lying.

aw MelScarlet, i think every1 feels like that at some point, like part of us are scared coz we want it so much and have worked for it that to see a gain would be devestating, but also that maybe (well it is for me) that its almost too good to be true, that i AM actually doing this! and its for me, no1 else! and that im also expecting myself to fail, coz im not good enough..i do have confidence and self-esteem issues, but im sure that most of us do. i still (nearly 7 months on!) get pre WI anxiety and i worry so much especially on a tues, as itslike "well this is it, cant do anymore at all for this week!" and WI at 7.30pm is torture lol! but i am yet to gain :) and feel quite proud of myself for that! and i did also feel the same as you after having a really good 1st week (not as good as urs mind!) but i was convinced it must have been fluke, dodgy sclaes or whatever and i would have putr some of it back on, but i didnt, i lost the 2nd week too :) (only 1.5lb) but i still lost! i am a fairly slow looser, i loose roughly 1lb a week, sometimes 1.5, sometimes just 0.5, but i am still loosing ...and healthily! i do get frustrated its not faster sometimes, but i remind myself that so what?! its coming off, and i wantthis to be for life, so if it was to take another year to get to target...who cares! im gonna get there, and the scales r not goin up, they r goin down, however slowly!! you had an amazing 1st week coz u worked for it and you deserved it! u already know that 1st week losses are usually best, and u know not to expect the same result everyweek, but u keep doing what ur doing and u will get a result everyweek! whether its 10lb or 0.5lb!! (or a sts, im have 2 of those, but i see em as practice for when im at target ;) lol ) you really are doing fantastic! and u keep telling urself that u CAN do this! and u WILL do this! and u are good enough to do this!! all the best for tomorrow! xxx

Thank you for that hun- how you describe it is exactly how I feel. The last couple of days have been a bit emotional, starting all this has made me realise as well as sticking to the plan I need to deal with the reasons why I never properly tried to do it before. And silly as it sounds I almost feel like the fantastic loss I had last week might be the set up for this week's punchline- kind of a 'ha! you can't really do it!'

I just need to keep reminding myself that this isn't a diet, its a healthier lifestyle with weight-loss as a really nice side effect lol

Good luck everyone for tomorrow :)

I forgot to update last Tuesday! Ooops:eek: Well it wasn't good, I gained a pound! I have no idea how that happened, I followed the plan 100% only thing different was that I had a water infection and I was antibiotics and drinking loads of water. Maybe that was it:confused: Anyway I have been really good again this week and have been doing lots of wii fit stuff and my new Hannah Waterman dvd so hopeully it will show on the scales tomorrow.

First week weigh in and I'm 5lbs down! :)

Well done honeypop- bet that was more than worth resisting the KFC yesterday :)

Had my weigh in first thing this morning and lost another 2.5lbs. A much less exciting loss than my first week but still a great one. Hope you all have a great day :)

Yes is was. I'm so glad I resisted!!!

Well done 2.5 lb is really good for second week!! X

Had my weigh in first thing this morning and lost another 2.5lbs. A much less exciting loss than my first week but still a great one. Hope you all have a great day :)

Well done hun, keep up the good work! I think im in for my first gain, im really struggling with weekends as they are not structured like when im stuck behind my desk had an extra curly wurly on Sat & a bread roll with my stew yesterday oh why do i do it! grrrr

STS AGAIN this week I'm glad not to have gained as I had one day off plan at about 50 syns Otherwise fairly good and started exercising too

yehh ! well done!! seee :) u can do it! and not as exciting as 1st weeks WI?...u need to turn this on its head and look at it from another perspective....17.5lb in 2 weeks!!!!!! now if that is not amazing i dont know what is!! really well done!! (ps i would LOVE a 2.5lb loss!! lol)

my WI at 7,30pm, alwayds get so nervous, i hate tuesdays lol!

1lb off for me and once again very happy as been difficult keeping to plan this week (though I have) as cooker been down so planning been a bit hit and miss so baguette and butter yesterday were my lunch! I did count it and still within syns which must explain the loss but felt very naughty at the time.
Today not been so good either (more baguette and butter, but less than yesterday, however chocolate too!) but will count it. The man is here to fix the cooker so hoping things will be better this week and I can be organised again!

Good luck to all other tuesday weighers :)

-2.5lbs off this week, very pleased as I got my 2 stone and Club 10 today!

Well done to all those who have lost, good luck to those yet to weigh :)

Wow well done everyone!! I'm looking forward to tonight's WI, have been really good this week, and am 1.5lbs off my 1.5stone, and 4 away from being in the 11s.

Good luck to everyone else yet to weigh, I'm a 7pm weigher - Tuesday is always the longest day!! Xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Well done hun, keep up the good work! I think im in for my first gain, im really struggling with weekends as they are not structured like when im stuck behind my desk had an extra curly wurly on Sat & a bread roll with my stew yesterday oh why do i do it! grrrr

Yeah weekends can be hard- I start getting restless cos I can't get out walking as much when all the kids are at home. Hope your WI goes well :)

Back