Tuesday Weighers

So sorry to hear about your mum orla, wishing her lots of luck with her sw journey xx

It certainly worked for me snowbryneich and miataiblue so hopefully it will be the same for my mam

Oh Orla :( So, so sorry to hear about your mam. It's an awful disease. I really hope that they find a way to treat her.

Thanks ladies, it is kind of sinking in now but I have to be strong for my Mam and one thing I'm going to do is spend more time with her, you just never know with cancer

Do Orla be there as much as possible . I lost my mam to cancer 7 yrs ago and because I had 3 kids under 3 at the time I couldn't spend as much time as I wanted to with her :( it's one of my biggest regrets . Although hopefully your mams cancer can be treated and you have a positive outcome .

I82much, I'm so sorry to hear that. I have to think positive now because I would crack up if I didnt but on a positive note, I have been told by my new consultant that I have been nominated for woman of the year, she told me to have a short 2-3 minute speech ready and a before picture as well.

This has made my day, so glad that I have inspired others in slimming world

Yay well done you , you can practise your speech on us ;) Id be absolutely useless at talking I front of people . I'd be a jittery mess . It must be a fantastic feeling to know that someone was inspired by you - that alone is a fab boost , isn't it :)

Absolutely I82much, that alone is a boost alright

I actually did a speech last Tuesday when my consultant was leaving our group, so got my practise in

I got a card through the post to say I have been nominated for woman of the year at my group. It is really nice that someone nominated me but my consultant has suggested I take in some before photos or clothing which makes me feel a little silly as you really can't see the difference in photo's (or real life) and I'm still wearing the same clothes.

Aww, I bet that people can see the difference :) I can't see a difference with myself but I've taken photos and can see it there only after OH pointed it out, though :)
Have you taken your measurements? you could look at the difference in that? :D
Big hugs though, I know how you feel. xx

And Orla, I'm not surprised you've been nominated. Must say you've also inspired me. :) xx

Hi all, I am starting back at group again tomorrow, I have already lost a few pounds this week at home. How are you all feeling about weighing in tomorrow? I am trying to decide if I should start a new membership tomorrow for £10 or pay £15 to keep all my history, what would you lot do?

xXx

Hi and Welcome MissAnonD and Barbie x

I'm guessing anyone that weighs on tuesdays can pop in here? I doubt people will mind. :) Or, I know that I don't mind lol x

Depends, Barbie.. I would probably pay the £15 as I would like all my awards I have already won to count, haha. But then again I have a lot to lose and in the end I would love to see that 13st cert in my hands!

So, the time has come around again and I'm starting to feel nervous about tomorrow!
Going to eat a fair bit of super speed today.. got lots of fruit that won't last much longer so it will have to be used.
I also need to make some fake rochers today and stick those in the freezer so they have time to set (they didn't set last time so doing them the day before will hopefully help haha) and I have two swiss rolls (one won't be enough I hope!) to make tomorrow.. :)
Got everything in for it.. just hope that people that have problems with sweet things will appreciate me going to this effort as I prefer making savoury stuff.. :) (I do love taster evenings though haha.)

Aww, I bet that people can see the difference :) I can't see a difference with myself but I've taken photos and can see it there only after OH pointed it out, though :)
Have you taken your measurements? you could look at the difference in that? :D
Big hugs though, I know how you feel. xx

And Orla, I'm not surprised you've been nominated. Must say you've also inspired me. :) xx

I never took any measurements - which was silly. I should do it now but find it a bit depressing really. People do say they can see it. I can't though. I am wearing a top today that was too tight on me awhile ago so I have to remind myself of things like that. (And the shoe size drop!)

I never took any measurements - which was silly. I should do it now but find it a bit depressing really. People do say they can see it. I can't though. I am wearing a top today that was too tight on me awhile ago so I have to remind myself of things like that. (And the shoe size drop!)

Why not do what I do? I've taken my measurements with string and marked with a sharpie so I would know where I started. Now when I measure I just measure from the blue sharpie dot to where I am now.. I still feel too afraid to know my measurements.. I like knowing what I have lost, though. :D

And I wish my feet would get smaller.. I have water in mine (I'm actually gunna measure my feet as well because I can't see a difference in them) and the doctors only say the water will go down with the weight.. Haven't noticed it yet, though. :/

bpN2qxB.jpg

eta ; Just did mine and I've now lost 7.5 inches from my hips, 8 inches from my chest (breasts) and 8.25 inches from my tummy :)

Last edited:
Why not do what I do? I've taken my measurements with string and marked with a sharpie so I would know where I started. Now when I measure I just measure from the blue sharpie dot to where I am now.. I still feel too afraid to know my measurements.. I like knowing what I have lost, though. :D

And I wish my feet would get smaller.. I have water in mine (I'm actually gunna measure my feet as well because I can't see a difference in them) and the doctors only say the water will go down with the weight.. Haven't noticed it yet, though. :/

View attachment 149425

eta ; Just did mine and I've now lost 7.5 inches from my hips, 8 inches from my chest (breasts) and 8.25 inches from my tummy :)

This is a genius idea. Thank you. I did not feel my feet were smaller at all and my exisiting shoes don't feel too big or anything but when I tried on shoes the old size were definitely too big and the next size down comfy.

And well done on those losses both weight and inch - wise!

I am making corned beef pie for taster evening. Someone at my group always makes the fake rochers and I definitely appreciate it. (I can't make themself as i don't trust myself to have Nutella in or if I used it all in them I might scoff them all!)

Last edited:
Just catching up on all the posts over the weekend. I got up on the scales this morning and it looks like a sts but then again my scales can be all over the place. Just wondering do you retain fluid when ovulating as I'm currently going through that and I feel myself I have lost weight.

Snowbryneich, if someone nominated you then you probably can notice it, you must have inspired someone that in order for them to nominate you and to be honest I'm not surprised your nominated as you can be a real source of information at times.

MelonCollie, your very kind thanks very much. Even if I dont win then I'm just glad that I inspired someone and in my little speech I'm just going to thank all who voted for me with all that has been going on lately (yes you guessed I will probably shed a tear or two as well)

MissAnonD and Barbie Girl, your both very welcome and it doesnt matter if you do it from home or not, your more than welcome to join us and hopefully you will love this thread as much as I do (yes you will notice from today onwards that there will be more posts than normal but we do post during the week as well)

Oh ladies, I fell off the wagon head first this weekend. DREADING tomorrow. Had nandos and a small piece of birthday cake which wasn't so bad as I had planned for it, but I got some really bad news yesterday and ordered in some very non SW-friendly takeaway instead of cooking dinner and picked at junk food for the entire evening.

Really annoyed I have sabotaged myself. Haven't managed to get properly back on track at all today.

Oh ladies, I fell off the wagon head first this weekend. DREADING tomorrow. Had nandos and a small piece of birthday cake which wasn't so bad as I had planned for it, but I got some really bad news yesterday and ordered in some very non SW-friendly takeaway instead of cooking dinner and picked at junk food for the entire evening.

Really annoyed I have sabotaged myself. Haven't managed to get properly back on track at all today.

I think we have all been there. Try and draw a line under the being off plan and get back on it. As my consultant is always saying if you have one dead flower you wouldn't throw away the whole bunch and if you have one bad day don't throw away the whole week.

Also Nando's isn't that bad - I was amused to find out that the 5 syn meal is probably what I would have ordered to eat anyway (butterfly chicken breast and spicy rice!)

Here's hoping I don't see a massive gain. I've always been a stress eater and though I've been good at overcoming it lately, yesterday just knocked me sideways. You know one of those moments when you're kind of like "There are bigger things in life to worry about than what I'm eating" and end up binging? I just feel crap now. Thanks for the advice though Snow.

Back