Tuesday Weighers

My only suggestion is to keep attending SW when you're at target and see what your body can get away with to stay in target. One woman at group says her being in target means extra wine, lol.

SW is a life food change I believe. I know if I would go back to my old habits within a year I will put on everything I have lost.

Try new recipes, still go out and enjoy yourself, but if you ever go off the rails jump right back on after :)

Ahhhh Bethany Chey I had that too! I was down 6.5 pounds after being ill for a few days and wanted to keep it off. I put back on a half pound the next week but kept the rest off just by sticking to plan. You might see it fluctuate a little bit the following week and I certainly wouldn't expect a loss but you should keep most of it off.

Thank you, that's reassuring. I guess as long as I stick to plan it should even out!

I've just been advised that a friend is coming to visit over Christmas and we'll be on a liquid diet (wine, vodka, absinthe, beer, cider..) There goes my plans of losing over christmas, lol! Going to have to be extra good until then I think! haha

Been 100% since weigh in! Went swimming tonight and am so unfit, I was ridiculously bad! Gonna push on though, will get easier with time. Fighting for a great loss this week, I need it.

Sorry I havent posted in ages, lots on and havent been myself for a while

Firstly, Ian I'm Irish too, I live in Athlone and I dont know if your aware but there is an Irish group on here, it is called Ireland - Bia a bit of craic, it is in the overseas section. Do you mind me asking are you a journalist or something like that as your posts are fantastic and you put your words really well together.

Secondly, I should have followed my instinct and not get up on the scales this week as I was up 1.5Ibs, I know it was * week but I never gained before during * week, this is the first time

Anyway, went back on track Wednesday morning and have been ever since, I made the soup last week and having a large bowl every day so hopefully that will work and I will have a big loss next Tuesday, just for my mood I need a good loss

Just found out that when my group gets a new consultant it is moving venues and moving to half an hour later. Currently it's a 7 and it will be at 7:30 instead. Loads of people on facebook are saying they won't go when it moves - more because of the new time because 7 is already late enough for them which is fair enough. I'll still go at 7:30 but prefer 7 too. The 7:30 time is so that they can eventually open a 5:30 group but that's annoying because the group has got so small lately that sometimes we only have about 12 people in so putting people off so they can eventually have another time slot is frustrating.

Oh that's a pain isn't it! And how silly if it's a small group anyway, so annoying when they change things! I get the impression that more people tend to go to earlier ones but it's too early for some people what with work and that and then the later one is late in the evening and less people go!

My weightloss diary http://www.minimins.com/showthread.php?t=342902

Aw Snow, that's a shame, and seems such a silly reason as Tracey said. I go to a 7.30 group, the consultant also does a 5.30 on the same day. I spoke to someone there who had been at the 5.30 and they said that ours is really quiet compared to the earlier meeting. Not many of the 7.30 folk stay for the class, I guess they want to get home and get dinner at a reasonable time. I don't usually get to eat until 9 - 9.30 by the time I get in and cook. :( 5.30 must suit a lot of people but there's no way I could make it. Hope it works out :)

I cover for both 5.30pm and 7.30pm since my former consultant left and the 5.30pm class is always bigger than the 7.30pm but as many people stay gor both classes, it really depends on the person

I didn't realise it would be an option to stay for both - if this ever expands I would probably offer to cover both classes if the consultant wants. I am still going to go to the 7:30 one - it is more important for me that the class is close by for me. I am just worried about all the people who say they are going to leave now it's changing time - I like my group as it is!

Orla, I have been to Athlone! I used to be good friends with a guy from there and a group of us went out to see him. He is from the Rabbett family if you know them although he's in Dublin now. Athlone's not huge which is why I mention his family's name lol.

I don't know what i'd do if my group changed time! My group meets at 6pm which is perfect as it matches up with my bus home from work. There is a better group that meets in the next village the following day at 7pm which I would prefer but it's not easy to get to without a car and even then I feel like murdering someone just to get a bite to eat by about half an hour into it!!

I am a Tuesday weigher too, ours is 7.30pm also swapping from a 9.30am to late evening is hard going !! x

I think I know the family your talking about Amanda, aint that a small world, if he is from Athlone ask him does he know the Buckley family as this is my maiden name and my family would be well known as my Dad (and some of my family) would have done quite well in quizzes and my Dad was a local policeman too.

Snow, the only reason I cover both is because I'm on the social team, when my former consultant left a few weeks ago sadly she brought a lot with her including the two women who covered the social team and so our new consultant has nobody to cover for the 7.30pm but I have reassured her that I actually love doing it because it is my social outing of the week. The only thing this week is that our new consultants daughter is going back to college and she had been doing the till for the 7.30pm class and I did the weigh in but she wont be there from now on so I hope there is no new members otherwise I'm covering both but I think the team developer will be there tomorrow only so maybe she can help out (fingers and toes crosssed)

Hi new to this and have my first meeting tomorrow evening after changing groups and a rather large break ? what do people eat on weigh in day if weigh in is later in evening? Don't want to affect the scales too much! Good luck for tomorrow everyone x

I have melon and a light soup normally but if you are just starting a evening weigh I'd recommend just eating normally and then you can always do that because it doesn't matter what you do as long as you are consistent.

Thanks snowbrynich will keep it light though. Annoyed with myself for taking a break and regaining a load of what I lost but never mind onwards and upwards!! Thanks for the advise x

I have my 2 weetabix (heb) with banana and I try to put a punnet of strawberries in it too as generally that is all I eat bulky for weigh in day. I do snack on a full melon during the morning and then I live on a few coffees to keep me going, my weigh in is at 5.30pm

Gosh it is so hard, was 100% on plan last week but it was * week and I was up 1.5Ibs and was 100% on plan this week too and ate lots of melon and did lots of body magic but the scales this morning show I'm a sts

This is so frustrating when you put your heart and soul into it and you dont get the results, fingers crossed it will show differently tomorrow morning when I get up on the scales again

Back