Tuesday Weighers

I have been stucked for a while but half a pound down this week, i am struggling a bit at the moment, i don't know why i auto boycott myself when i know if I do it right i lose weight.
I really need to do this!!! I hope you are all ok, well done on this weeks loses and those who gain don't give up next week should be better!

Hi ladies and gents :)

I haven't updated for a few weeks. Last week I was gutted with a 1lb gain after being so close (1.5lbs) to my 2st award. I've looked back through my losses/gains and found that there was a pattern where I've gained/maintained/had a tiny loss every 4 weeks so I'm assuming it's something to do with my cycle as it's always on ovulation week. Anyway I went again this week and smashed it with a 4lb loss! So very happy to get my 2st shiny :-D.

Well done to everyone else this week xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Well after reading this, im changing my diet up this week. Having a few more red days. Mixing things up abit. At a healthy BMI now and so happy with my progress. I have got a few weeks free to goup because everyone is so impressed with my weight loss and wants to join. Roll on christmas!! I hope i have the 3st for christmas! 7lb to go!! xx

I did a red day yesterday and might do a green day today! Haven't decided what to have for dinner yet so that will decide for me haha :)

I put on 2lbs last week and I've been avoiding coming on here because I felt so bad about it. It was totally my fault - I had my mother in law visiting last weekend and she drove me to drink and cake.

I've been back on plan since last Sunday and stuck to it religiously so I hope to lose at least those 2lbs again, and would LOVE another 2.5lbs to get my 4 stone award. This last stone has take so long compared to the first three.

My weekend has turned out better than expected!! My husband, unhelpfully or helpfully, made it clear he expected me to go totally off plan and mess things up on this weekend's trip to Birmingham, which really hurt, but then I realised that he was right - I probably would do. I lost 2lbs last week that I had gained on a weekend away the week before and I thought, do I really want to take another step backwards?

The only thing that was really important to me this weekend was having mulled wine - and I did, although it was cherry wine (I counted it as mulled wine though - a whole days syns!). I took a banana with me and although I expected to end up having a German sausage at the Christmas Market, when the time came I wasn't really hungry and I went without one, quite happily.

Saturday night I was meeting my sister and her friends to go to a gig, parting ways with my husband, his sister and her husband. Husband had assumed I'd have something really naughty for tea but as I wasn't meeting my sister til after 7pm I resolved to get a Subway salad.

I kept my eyes peeled all afternoon for a Subway and found none! Can you believe it?! There is ALWAYS a Subway, they're everywhere!! In the end it was gone 6pm, I was absolutely famished, and out of desperation I went into a Spar (I mean, how desperate do you have to be to go to Spar for your tea?!) to try and get a sandwich only to walk in and find IT WAS ALSO A SUBWAY!!

I couldn't believe my luck!! My prayers were answered! You really would not know that it was a Subway from the outside.

So bottom line is: I had my salad, all 2.5 syns of it for the dressing and olives, and because it was in a Spar I was able to buy a Müller Light for my dessert!

I'm really proud that I managed to stick to my guns as although I technically went over my syns with the 2.5 for the salad on top of the cherry wine, I had done the best I could, and I had compromised by deciding that it was more important to me to have the wine over the hot dog but I had still had what I wanted.

The only thing is that, syns aside, if you look at the calorific value of what I had yesterday - bacon, egg & mushroom on toast at home, a banana, Subway salad, yogurt - it probably wasn't nearly enough, but it was a one-off and I felt fine.

That is Brilliant Amanda, well done!

Evening to all Tues weighers :)
I rejoined on Tues and really enjoying my first week again as a proper newbie. Looking to make some sw friends so Ive made a diary below if anyone wants to check it out and I will check yours out too if you want to share.
Good luck everyone for Tues xxx

Oh-oh I went to a v posh birthday do on sat...the champagne was flowing and there was a total of six courses!

I'm pleased because i ran in the morning and didn't use it as an excuse to pig out all day, and was straight back on track this morning, but even still, I've got to be as good as gold coz I don't want to see a gain in my first week!!!

Try as I might I cant take to sweet potatoes cooked in the actifryer but in saying that I definitely cut down on the amount of potatoes I eat and I did have grapefruit on Friday and one yesterday. I know there only minor changes but gradually I'm going to try and introduce another dish each week

Thanks Laura for the advice, I think red is the way to go so I will sit down this evening and have a look at some recipes and see what I can introduce but I just cant get used to sweet potatoes, I did try

Ah that's fair enough Orla! Have you ever had gnocchi? It's potato pasta and there are syns in it but I think it's worth it for the amount you get, because a small amount is very filling. I do it with mushrooms, a chicken fillet, onion, herbs and passata (sometimes a small bit of chorizo or chopped up rasher) and then when it's cooked I top it with my HEXA of cheese. It's amazing! I've really liked trying new foods, though some more than others :p

W-day tomorrow! (Not Wednesday!) How's everyone feeling?

Orla, I'm not a sweet potato fan either. I'll eat it if it's in something but I'd never in a month of Sundays choose it and to have it as a replacement for normal potatoes is sacrilege! :eek::D

Ah that's fair enough Orla! Have you ever had gnocchi? It's potato pasta and there are syns in it but I think it's worth it for the amount you get, because a small amount is very filling. I do it with mushrooms, a chicken fillet, onion, herbs and passata (sometimes a small bit of chorizo or chopped up rasher) and then when it's cooked I top it with my HEXA of cheese. It's amazing! I've really liked trying new foods, though some more than others :p

Mmmmm that sounds delish! Gonna try that...

W-day tomorrow! (Not Wednesday!) How's everyone feeling?

Orla, I'm not a sweet potato fan either. I'll eat it if it's in something but I'd never in a month of Sundays choose it and to have it as a replacement for normal potatoes is sacrilege! :eek::D

I am optimistic of getting the 2lbs off that I need to get my one and a half stone award. I have been rather on plan this week. Today while at lunch with a friend who is back from Canada I had DIET COKE and CAESAR SALAD. Very unlike me but whatever it take to continue the journey.

I am with the rest of you in being entirely dubious of the Sweet Potato concept. It's use in new recipes that I have never tried before is not a problem but I can't see me adding it to my Irish Stew in place of some King Edwards or new potatoes. Call me an old fashioned reactionary Irishman.

Best of luck to everyone for tomorrows "Showdown with the Scales" ®

Regards,
Ian

Ian, have to say this but I have christened you our comedian, I enjoy your funny quotes and the way you are just gifted with your phraseology (wow I swallowed a dictionary there). I have to agree with your quote about having it in some recipes but to have it in an Irish stew is a no no for me too. I have to be totally honest though, I have cut down on the amount of potatoes I eat, I had been eating too many and at this stage of my losses, I have to be realistic about portion sizes, I'm filling up quicker and then I have to stop myself because I would finish off what is on the plate (the old Irish thing of bad manners to waste food, the curse of my life and why I always was a big child and my weight problem ballooned), even my consultant said that to me as she has reached target and she told me that she had to force herself to eat less potatoes, us Irish love our spud.

Laura, just wondering do you have any red recipes at hand, I would love some of these and I really want to try a red day maybe twice in the week, the recipe you gave there sounds gorgeous and I might even try that out over the weekend.

Anyway, the usual stomach in somersaults this morning because this evening I'm been weighed again, lets hope I will have lost the 2Ibs I gained last week

At least you didnt gain SummerDiary, the key is planning ahead and been ready for anything coming up

I have to say I am not a sweet potato fan either. They aren't allowed on Red day's either btw they are a starchy veg so synned along with peas, yams, sweetcorn and parsnips etc.

I sometimes do carrot chips on red days which are much milder in taste than sweet potato and I know some people do butternut squash chips (though I would image if you don't like the sweet potato ones these won't be your thing either.

On red days I do pizza on a b free wrap using my extra hexs or burger in a bowl or a roast dinner with no potatoes. I think lots of people do a curry and have it with something like cauliflower rice.

Good luck everyone for today!

Back