Tuesday Weighers

Thanks for that Snow, have to be honest here, I'm not too sure about red days as I wont be able to have my speed soup either and that to me is a way of getting my 1/3 into me every day

Can anyone tell me can I have as much potatoes on a green day, I eat a lot of fruit and veg

You know, Snow, it's funny because I'm not a fan of sweet potato but I absolutely love love love butternut squash! That said I'd still rather have real potatoes over them if I had a choice! :rolleyes:

Me too Amanda, I love my spud and it was this that made me realise that I could actually lose weight. In hindsight, I probably should have seen this coming that I would slow down if I didnt cut my portion of potatoes and now I'm finding that difficult

Like I said though, I hit a rut and I expected to have to reduce my potato intake but instead I tweaked other things and began losing weight again. I have loads of potatoes for my tea!! So you just have to think of what else you eat that you could reduce instead of the potatoes.

Weigh-in later, not been for a couple of weeks. I was at the top end of my target, hoping to be a little bit closer tonight after trialing 5:2 alongside slimming world. I've not found it that difficult, but obviously the 2 fasting days have cut my calorie intake down overall and hopefully will have worked.

I love sweet potato, yummy!

Weigh-in tonight and Ive had another really good week and feel like I've lost so fingers crossed. Want at least 2lb off to get my half stone award

Would you up your veggie intake Amanda and keep eating the same amount of potatoes, if I could do that then that would be perfect or do you still need to reduce your potato intake

Jennie, fingers crossed you will have a loss, what is 5:2, I'm curious now

Lianne, hopefully you will have that 2Ibs at least and have another pound or two towards your next goal

Would you up your veggie intake Amanda and keep eating the same amount of potatoes, if I could do that then that would be perfect or do you still need to reduce your potato intake

Jennie, fingers crossed you will have a loss, what is 5:2, I'm curious now

Lianne, hopefully you will have that 2Ibs at least and have another pound or two towards your next goal

5:2 is where you have 2 days on 500 calories and then 5 days eating normally. I tend to over eat sometimes so I think it works quite well for myself. Still eating slimming world foods and watching my syns alongside it though. My losses had slowed down and become pretty much non-existent and I needed a bit more control back. :)
Fingers crossed.

I don't know really. I have a policy of trying to get my super free in at every given opportunity and I don't really 'do' veg very often - my super free is usually a side salad, but if I have chicken I'll often do some mushrooms as well. I don't weigh my potatoes at all.

I do find red days harder than green days and ee because with green I can easily do a pasta dish without meat or an ordinary dinner with a meat subsitute but a carb substitute is harder.

On Green you can in theory have unlimited carbs but then you can on ee I still think considering portion size is important but a lot of meat substitutes are lower calorie than meat so you would be reducing your calorie intake either way? maybe worth a go?

I think I would prefer green than red because I simply cant live without my carbs

Just leaving now wish me luck and I will post later how I got on, fingers crossed

Lost 2.5lbs! Chuffed to bits! Thoroughly deserved that just for my seemingly endless quest to find a Subway and stay on plan on Saturday! Only 1.5lbs till my 6st award.

Last edited:
I lost 3lb so 8lb in total and get my half stone award woohoo

I lost 1.5lbs - it was my first week considering I ate out three times last week and didn't even remotely follow the plan when I was out, I'm v pleased with that!

Well done everyone

Well done Snow!

0.5lbs off for me today. I've been so good and wish it was more but it is what it is. Onwards and downwards.

Back