tummy troubles and WI sorry a bit personal

I have IBS and last week i had a constant bad tum, this week i have now gone 6 days tomorrow without going for a number 2! i know i am heavier obviously as i havent been the loo, i have eaten lots of veg, things high in fibre but nothing. i have wi on tuesday and really really dont want to gain so if i have not been by then what should i do??? any sugesstions?

I really dont know! i have not been told that i cant take laxatives, when i was first diagnosed with IBS i had gone 3 weeks without going the loo and the doctor gave me fibregel, which i know isnt quitea laxative but it was supposed to make me go

A few glasses of wine works for me!! Probably not medically sound advice though...

might try the wine if not gone by sunday night! dont really drink but anything is worth a try thanks

might be high on syns actually?... I did SW over 3 years ago so I'm a bit rusty on the rules... :)

lol i am actually willing to go a little over syns if it means i get to go the loo and get rid of this bloating feeling that i have had for days

poor you, sorry I dont have any suggestions, but it must be very uncomfortable for you xx

Hiya you can get something called lactulouse syrup that works wonders speaking from experience. You can get it over the counter at a pharmacy.

Try these (but not all together)

1. Prune juice
  2. Mug of hot water
  3. Massaging your stomach clockwise whilst sitting on the loo
  4. Orange juice with a little brown sugar
  5. Fibregel (drink with an orangey flavour)
  6. Lots of fluids.. water especially but tea as well.

Thing is as it has been a while you may have hard stools which may be difficult to pass.. If you have not been by Monday get to the doctors as you can never underestimate your bowels and it needs to be sorted asap xxx

1. Prune juice
  2. Mug of hot water

Thing is as it has been a while you may have hard stools which may be difficult to pass.. If you have not been by Monday get to the doctors as you can never underestimate your bowels and it needs to be sorted asap xxx

i was going to suggest prune juice, but emski, has already done it.....and hers sounds much tastier...

1. Prune juice
  2. Mug of hot water

Exactly what has been said here, a nurse advised me to drink hot water or tea/coffee if i dont wanna take lax.
good luck with the loo before WI !

my mum drinks aloe vera from the health food shop...she suffers severly from constipation, whereas i am the opposite! (thank god)

i find if i've eaten LOADS of fibre it can have the opposite effect and something fatty like cheese gets things moving!

I've been ill for a few days.

I just had about 10-15 sugar-free cherry tunes as my throat was really hurting. (OTT I know.. :()

If anyone ever has any problems with constipation again...10-15 tunes in an hour will solve the problem but it will make you think you may be going to die in the process.....:eek::cry:

Back