Tummy tuck help :)

a machine? What for hun? Just look to the finish line though, how much will it all be worth it! After all your hard work losing the weight you deserve to feel fab x

a machine? What for hun? Just look to the finish line though, how much will it all be worth it! After all your hard work losing the weight you deserve to feel fab x

It will be worth it, despite all of this pain, if given the choice I'd have done it all again and I haven't even seen the final result yet, instead of size 10 bottoms I'm in 14s with the swelling!! Because I'm so hugely swollen and full of fluid the hole at the bottom of back is losing loads of fluid and nurses were coming 4 times a day to change me, so it was decided that they were going to attach a wound vac which is basically to aid healing, it's a clever machine! A sponge goes into my wound and a film seals it to my skin, a tube comes from the sponge and connects to the machine which continuously sucks like a vacuum and removes the fluid and collects it into a canister which will result in the wound closing and drying up, it's said to half healing time but they still say a while yet, just keep wondering when il see the finishing line xxxx

Ooh sounds very clever! Not heard of that before! Hopefully it will do its job and get you healed ASAP! Hope you feel better soon, are you on painkillers and stuff still? X

Fingers crossed, I don't take any painkillers through the day, just at night to help me sleep (to knock me out really) sleeping on my tummy now which is lush, the rest of my wound is great and not sore at all, completely numb, taking iron tablets everyday for next few months as I fainted a few times after op and they did a blood count and nearly gave me a transfusion but decided to just up my fluid intake and get me on iron tablets xx

Well make sure you take it easy hun, not nice to be fainting! Hope the tablets do the trick.
I've never got the whole tummy sleeping thing, I'm weird like that! The minute I lie on my front I get a headache that lasts hours. Feels I'm missing out as always hear people raving about tummy sleeping lol x
Oh Scarlett you are way missing out, I'm a full on tum sleeper and feels amazing to be back on my tummy haha!! X
Oh so pleased for you. Makes me want to get.mine done sooner.

What size were you before surgery?

Not sure I'll be able to care for the kiddos after surgery so mine is probably a good 7+ year's away :(
It is definitely hard work with kids, I have 2 girls, youngest is coming up 4 and oldest is 5, for the past 3 weeks my step mum, step sister and partner have done everything between them, been very blessed to have the amazing support. I was a size 10 before surgery and an 8 in some dresses xx

Oh Scarlett you are way missing out, I'm a full on tum sleeper and feels amazing to be back on my tummy haha!! X

It is definitely hard work with kids, I have 2 girls, youngest is coming up 4 and oldest is 5, for the past 3 weeks my step mum, step sister and partner have done everything between them, been very blessed to have the amazing support. I was a size 10 before surgery and an 8 in some dresses xx

Oh bless them. Familys are amazing support.

Jess this thread is amazing! You look fantastic!

Thank you for sharing your before and after pics. I think I need a tummy tuck but I'm not sure if I'm brave enough. Is there a minimum bmi limit imposed by the nhs before they'll do the op?

Jess this thread is amazing! You look fantastic!

Thank you for sharing your before and after pics. I think I need a tummy tuck but I'm not sure if I'm brave enough. Is there a minimum bmi limit imposed by the nhs before they'll do the op?

It's mentally a tough op to go through I must admit, there is a light at the end of the tunnel though, I keep telling myself. You have to have a bmi of 25 or under and have maintained for 2 years xxx

It's mentally a tough op to go through I must admit, there is a light at the end of the tunnel though, I keep telling myself. You have to have a bmi of 25 or under and have maintained for 2 years xxx

25 and under isn't possible for me. At 16 I was fit, slim and athletic and in my gcse pe class I remember calculating my bmi and even then it was 25.5 and I had a 26" waist. After 4 kids a bmi of 25 isn't going to happen. It's 28 at the mo (was 48 )and I'm happy with that (8lb from target). So it'll have to be a private op then. :-(

Congrats on your journey. X

Last edited:
Hi Jess, I've just read your thread. You're an inspiration :) Well done on your weight loss and I hope you have a quick recovery from the op, you look great and I'm sure it will all have been worth it in the end xx

25 and under isn't possible for me. At 16 I was fit, slim and athletic and in my gcse pe class I remember calculating my bmi and even then it was 25.5 and I had a 26" waist. After 4 kids a bmi of 25 isn't going to happen. It's 28 at the mo (was 48) and I'm happy with that (8lb from target). So it'll have to be a private op then. :-(

Congrats on your journey. X
That is amazing what your achieved, I know all primary care trusts are different, what area are you from and I could search their criteria online for you, dont lose hope, I had given up as I was refused, my bmi was 47 and is now 23.6 I think, well before my op! It's probably over now as I'm weighing a stone up in bloody swelling!! Haha. Xx
Hi Jess, I've just read your thread. You're an inspiration :) Well done on your weight loss and I hope you have a quick recovery from the op, you look great and I'm sure it will all have been worth it in the end xx
Thank you so much xxxxx

That is amazing what your achieved, I know all primary care trusts are different, what area are you from and I could search their criteria online for you, dont lose hope, I had given up as I was refused, my bmi was 47 and is now 23.6 I think, well before my op! It's probably over now as I'm weighing a stone up in bloody swelling!! Haha. Xx

Thank you so much xxxxx

Pming you thanks. X

Gosh. I've just read your thread. You are amazing! Well done. You look fantastic. Keep well, I shall follow your progress!

Back