tuna question...??

Hayley85

im having tuna pasta salad for lunch, only the only tuna i have in is a 130g john west in sunflower oil. on SW tools its 6.5syns for a 185g tin of tuna. iv made it all up but im only going to eat half as the other half iv put in a lunchbox in the fridge for tomorrows lunch. because im only eating half, do i halve the syns? :confused:

I love tuna in sunflower oil. i usually have the plain brine one, but for 3.5 syns for half a tin, i dont think that it's bad.

If its 6.5syns for 185g and your tin is 130g then the whole tin is just over 4.5 syns, and you're ony having half, so 2.5 syns would be more than enough to cover it.

yes so depending on how many portions you divide it in to is how many syns you end up
eg>>>>if a meal contains 8 syns in total and you were feeding 4 one portion would be 2 syns
hope that helps

Thanks everyone, i thought it may of been half but wasnt too sure, plus with my tin being a different size to that SW goes off x

If you even need ot figure out the sysn for something which is a different size all you need ot do is

Divide the published weight by the syns (eg 185g / 6.5 syns) = 28.4
Divide the weight of the item you are going to eat by the number you get from the previous sum (in this case 135g/28.4) = equals the number of syns in whatever you're eating.

kingleds said:
If you even need ot figure out the sysn for something which is a different size all you need ot do is

Divide the published weight by the syns (eg 185g / 6.5 syns) = 28.4
Divide the weight of the item you are going to eat by the number you get from the previous sum (in this case 135g/28.4) = equals the number of syns in whatever you're eating.

Thanks for that, seems pretty hard maths but im sure its easy enough to follow once iv done it, just copied it and pasted it onto one of my stickypads lol!! X

Back