turkey steaks

How about turkey and mushroom goulash. its lovely with boiled rice. the recipe serves 4 and is free on all plans. I made it a few wks ago and it was so tasty and quick and easy to make!
ingredients

1 large onion, chopped
3 level tsp paprika
1 x 397g/14oz can chopped tomatoes
227g/8oz button mushrooms, sliced
1 green pepper, deseeded and sliced
454g/1lb turkey breast, skinned and boned
198g/7oz fat-free natural fromage frais
salt and ground black pepper

method

1. Dry fry the onion, then add 2 level tsp of paprika and cook over a medium heat for 2-3 minutes.
2. Add the tomatoes, mushrooms and green pepper and simmer gently for 10 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, cut the turkey into fine strips and dry fry with the remaining paprika until cooked through. Mix the turkey into the vegetables.
4. Add the fromage frais and season to taste with salt and pepper. Heat through very gently, without boiling, and serve.

I marinade mine in soy sauce and ginger then pan fry in Frylite. But the last recipe sounds a bit more exciting

I just posted above for tandoori chicken to use up natural yogurt (yogurt, tandoori spice and lemon juice, leave to marinade and then grill or bake) - this would work just as well for turkey and give it some moisture at the same time!

The goulash recipe sound yummy too! I used to do something similar but using a can of low fat mushroom soup (used to be campbells, think its batchelors now) - so simple and only about 7.5 syns for the whole tin, so low when split into 4 servings.

Making me feel hungry now!

Last edited:
Back