Twilight saga

Coley

Re-starter
So am I the only person into these books? I got Twilight a few weeks ago (the version with the lovely red pages along the edge) and really got into it.

Didn't care much for the film though...all a bit too fast, no proper relationship between main characters were developed.

Just went and got the next 2 from tesco (2 for £7 bargain!) and wondered what people think about them?

:D

hi coley i have that prob 2 everytime i thread nobody seems to relply plently of people look though.
twilight is fab i am on the 4th book which is taking me longer than i thought, am quick reader but this seems to be takin 4ever. but still fab story . thinkin of reading host it supposed to be good. enjoyed twilight movie but 2 much was cut out from the book , hate it when they do that . still edward to lovely ! happy reading xx

Adore Twilight - the books and the film - but for different reasons I guess.

I love the books because I have been able to share it with my girls - all three of us have read them, and have Team Jacob and Team Edward "rows" (I, of course, am Team Edward :giggle: )

It's lovely to be able to read a love story not chocful of sex scenes - just real feelings of love and devotion :drool:

My favourite book of the four is hard to choose - devoured Twilight in a day, loved the beginning of Breaking Dawn - and I am one of those who was very happy with the ending :cool:

Love the films for different reasons. Kinda given me a clearer visualisation of the characters, and yes they chopped oodles out because otherwise it would have been about 20 hours long :rotflmao:

I can go on for ages, but I'll stop now :eek:

Adore Twilight - the books and the film - but for different reasons I guess.

I love the books because I have been able to share it with my girls - all three of us have read them, and have Team Jacob and Team Edward "rows" (I, of course, am Team Edward :giggle: )

It's lovely to be able to read a love story not chocful of sex scenes - just real feelings of love and devotion :drool:

My favourite book of the four is hard to choose - devoured Twilight in a day, loved the beginning of Breaking Dawn - and I am one of those who was very happy with the ending :cool:

Love the films for different reasons. Kinda given me a clearer visualisation of the characters, and yes they chopped oodles out because otherwise it would have been about 20 hours long :rotflmao:

I can go on for ages, but I'll stop now :eek:

I agree with everything you said, DQ. I got into these books through my daughter (I wanted to see what all the fuss was about). I much prefer the books and am unsure about whether to see New Moon. Have you read The Host?

AJ

started New Moon and even bought Twiglight DVD .... Edward Cullen is the new (all be it different) Harry Potter for me :)

I haven't read the books but i'm desperate to.
I love love love the film.

I heart Edward Cullen.

Tis a true story.

on amazon you can get them (used) for about £2 each, I'd pass mine onto you but they're my sisters and she re-reads all the time, on amazon just type in 'twiglight saga books' and look for best price in 'new and used'

Ive heard the fuss over these but never read any.I thought they was more a teenagers book?Might look into them.
:)

Oh i love the Twilight saga, saw the film first them listened to the book in audio format and i am now reading the books almost finished eclipse...but i know how they all end,

however on re reading/listening, i do find it very teen romance and i normally prefer a bit more substance to my books. Still love them though!!

Are the audio books any good??

I have "The Host" but not read it yet - we're going through a mammoth re-reading of all the Twilight books at the moment :eek:

Are the audio books any good??

I have "The Host" but not read it yet - we're going through a mammoth re-reading of all the Twilight books at the moment :eek:

DQ, it is science fictionish, and the first chapter baffled my daughter so she stopped reading it. If you keep going though it gets much better. I have read a lot of science fiction in the past so it wasn't a problem for me, but if you're not used to it, it can be confusing.

I have just finished the four books. I loved them, but I have mixed feelings about Breaking Dawn. I don't know whether I liked that Bella had changed so much and that Edward didn't seem as big a character. I enjoyed the film as a seperate entity, but it did move too fast.

I am about to start reading 'The Host'

I loved the Twilight books when I first read them but then when I re-read them I didn't enjoy them so much. I didn't really like her writing style at all. I loved Twilight but then reading the others it kinda lost all the things I originally loved in Twilight. I think Breaking Dawn was just weird and by that point Bella was just really annoying. I loved Midnight Sun though, hopefully one day it'll be finished.
As for the film I love it but I don't compare it to the book.
I absolutely loved The Host, mainly as it didn't get bogged down in all the teenage angst-y stuff like Twilight.

i absolutely love them... they do, however, make me feel about 17... not sure that's a good thing, ha. i read all of them in the space of a couple of days. read the first one and then had to go out and buy the others. think it was over the course of a week. i haven't seen the film as i think it would ruin it for me.

absolutely loved the way she finished the saga off, and the fact that it actually finished rather than dragging on and on.

now i'm surprised that none of you have mentioned the rewrite of twilight. she's writing it from the point of view of edward. it got leaked on the internet so she stopped writing it, however you can read the part she did write for free on her website. she put it up there herself. and due to the fan reaction i believe that she is now going to write it again. but it's up there and is well worth the read!! get on it :D

abz xx

yes i really want the midnight sun book if she ever starts it again/finishes it. In my ideal world all my favourite stories would be mirror like this.

I've about 100 pages to go on the Breaking Dawn book, I've been dead ill in bed so I've finished all the rest ..... can't wait to get home.

Back