Twinkle's journey to skinnyville...

xtwinklex

Eat to live don't live to eat!
Here's my diary to keep a track on my progress, feelings and thoughts, I started one of these before but as I gave up cd I gave up the diary too but this time I'm here to stay!

Tuesday 2 March - woke up this morning feeling pretty smug! I have now done a full week sole source which has actually gone pretty quickly! I am getting used to not having an evening meal with J and the kids, and the kids are used to me just having soup lol! Tonight is weigh-in and I am a bit apprehensive as I have not done an evening weigh-in before, usually its first thing in the morning before any cd food so I am expecting to be a few pounds heavier due to time of day but never mind. I have measured myself and have lost about 5 inches so good inch loss regardless of weight! Feeling a bit cold but happy that the weight is coming off!

Wednesday 3rd March - well today hasn't been too bad, I managed to get thru most of the day without a hitch, breakfast is fine, I had apple & cinnamon porridge this morning which I love, for lunch I had a caramel bar - oooh I forgot how windy they can make you (parp) lol!!! That was ok, I had half at 12.30 then the other half at 2pm!

The worst part of the day for me is dinner time, when J and the kids sit down to eat, I cant sit with them and just have my soup so I come in the lounge out of the way but I feel a bit left out :( I think next week I will start ss+ just so I can feel part of the dinner time routine (plus I want to eat!!!)

Thats it for today, I'm moody and tired, snapped at the kids a bit so J did bathtime (he was scared I was gonna drown them I think!!!) I think I may be getting totm, I have a little discolouration (sorry if tmi) but due to having the mirena coil its difficult to tell, I havent had a period for ages! I do remember them coming back when I was on ss before tho so I suppose that could be where the moods have come from!

Night all, I'm off to bed to watch Five Days...

xx

I did something naughty today...

I jumped on the scales...

The number was...

11 stone 12lbs!!! Ok so my cdc scales always show about 2-3lbs more than my scales and I have clothes on when I get on her scales which counts for the extra lbs but I was so happy, if that figure shows on her scales on Tuesday it means I will have lost 15lbs in 2 weeks!!! NO CHEATING for me this week!

So a smiley happy day today for me, I am off to the beach with my friend (also a cd girlie) and her 18 month old twins :) one each to run round after and burn some calories lol!!!

Hopefully I'll update later if I had fun or not! Not looking forward to needing the loo on an open beach...

xx

Hi Tracy - happy Friday to you! Woo hoo its the weekend!!!

I 'know' weighing isn't naughty as such, but I promised myself I would only do it once weekly because if it shows heavier than the day before it de-motivates me!

Well yesterdays day at the beach went well, the twins were a bit grizzly but after a sleep in their buggy they were fine, one of them walked head first into a seawater puddle which made him VERY cold! My mate said she couldn't have coped with them without me which was nice to hear :) I was totally exhausted though, I felt like I was going to faint and went really weak - is that normal after a bit of fresh air and climbing over rocks etc? So when I got home I did kids dinner, got into my pj's and chilled on the sofa till we went to bed at 8.30pm and watched masterchef (torture) and then five days, I was falling asleep towards the end so I watched the last 10 mins this morning lol!

This morning I have felt a bit dizzy, I never felt like this last time and I am drinking enough water, 2 litres of water, 3-4 coffees and a glass of fizzy water in the evening so I know its not that! Do I maybe need to start ss+ sooner than I thought? I may have tuna tonight, I have a nice way of incorporating tuna into my menu - I drain a tin of tuna (in springwater) make an oriental chilli soup and mix the tuna into the soup!!! You may think yuck but I think it tastes gorgeous!

Todays menu - porridge for breakfast, cranberry bar for lunch and either leek & potato soup or oriental chilli soup (haven't decided yet!)

xx

dizziness is not good. maybe have an ss+ day today?

well done on the losses. god at ths rate you'll be at goal in another few weeks!!! good luck for today

Just spoken to my cdc who said to have an apple? She said the greener the better and this will help with the dizzyness, or have a ss+ day!

Not sure about the apple thing, I think I'll just do ss+ and have chicken when my hubby has his meal later!

x

Busy day yesterday, we went to a local family session at 9.30am, then my oldest son met up with lots of his school and they went off on a bus to Exeter where they were singing at Exeter Cathedral - we went shopping first then went to listen to them sing (which was FANTASTIC, very proud of him!)

While we were shopping I tried on a few dresses in Debenhams for my brothers wedding in July, found one I really liked but they only had a 12 which was slightly too big :) I am gonna wait a bit to get a dress anyway as the wedding is 4 1/2 months away and I want to make sure I get the right size!

Then in the evening we went to a friend's engagement party which was good fun but the kids were rather tired lol we left at 9.15am and got home at 10pm and all of us went to bed - must have been tired as I didn't wake up till 9.45am!

This morning we decided to mow the lawn, I did most of it and it was hard going as it was a bit damp, started to feel dizzy again, am now on ss+ but still getting dizzy, slightly worrying but never mind!

I'm off to chill out now, much needed bath perhaps?

Stacey

Morning Tracy, yeah I think perhaps you could be right! All the dizzy spells have been after exerting myself, mowing the lawn, shopping for 3 hours and then walking really fast across town as we were late, when we got there I went dizzy, it all ties in really but I'm not one to just sit still and do nothing!!! Not sure that I could take it easy with 3 kids either lol!!!

This morning I felt really good, slept well last night and woke feeling energised, I haven't done anything much today, just sit at my desk doing paperwork and surprise surprise I'm not feeling dizzy! I will let hubby do the lawn next weekend I think!

Last night I had a lovely relaxing bath whilst reading my cambridge book, I was looking at the plans and what food to have when moving up! I am looking forward to moving up the plans now lol!

Tomorrow is weigh in day, I'm slightly apprehensive as I always am, not because I have cheated or anything like that, its just the scale is something I can't control and even if you have been 100%, it can show you numbers you don't want to see! I always want to have huge losses and if I only see a 2-3lbs loss its not enough! Also tomorrow my friend is coming with me (my choice) so we will be able to see each others weight... not that it really bothers me, and I am an inch taller than her so can weigh more ;) I just want it over with so I 'know' aaaaaaaaaaaargh!!!

Anyway, rant over, I really should get on with some work now, I'm eating oriental chilli soup as I had my bar on Saturday, hoping no customers come in for another 10 mins because if my soup goes cold I cant eat it as I have no way of warming it up, plus you are supposed to have them in 15 mins for full nutritional benefit (so it says on the packet anyway hehe)

I will update weight details (gulp) tomorrow after my appointment!

Stacey

Good morning

You will be fine for Weigh in - if you have been 100% you cannot do anything else but lose... even if the scales do not reflect the true picture I bet the tape measure would !

I am back to where I was last Thursday before I binged over the weekend, so hopefully I have reversed the damage and will be ok for my weigh in next Monday

Have a great day hunni - you are doing really well and I wait with bated breath for your results - and that of your friend as well !!

T
x

Well after feeling apprehensive about my weigh in this morning I really shouldn't have worried...

I lost 4lbs!!! So that is 13lbs in 2 weeks and I am really happy!!! My goal is 10 1/2 stone and I am now 12 stone (on cdc scales) so only 21lbs to go! One and a half stone, doesn't seem much but I do know its gonna be the hardest bit to lose :( I'm not daunted by it though, I just feel that its gonna be part of my journey and if it happens at 2lbs per week then in 11 weeks I am gonna be super skinny!!! Oooh also I have lost 2 1/2 inches, mainly round my waist and legs where it needs to go, none off my boobs :)

Tracy hi, thanks for your support hun, fingers crossed for you that you are back on track with your weight loss, have you drawn a line under the binge and let it be? xx

Right, I'm off to sort some washing out and do the hoovering with a big smile on my face!

xx
Stacey

well done! I am on my last stone and its coming off at a rate of 1lbs a week and its blooming hard!!!!! good luck with the last few pounds although you look fab already.

Well done hun xx

Morning peeps, nice and sunny today in Devon :) I feel quite refreshed today as I slept from 10.30pm until the alarm went off at 6am, quite a rare occurrence for me to sleep thru lol!

I am hardly thinking about the diet and food at the moment, which I do think is a good thing but strange! I do 'fancy' eating something nice, like the smell of bacon this morning made me think mmmm bacon sandwich but 5 mins later I had forgotten about it and didn't really want one if you see what I mean? You would think it total torture working opposite a cafe and a bakery, with a fruit and veg shop next door, but to be honest its never bothered me and I don't tend to eat at the cafe, even tho it smells nice! The meringues in the bakery window sometimes taunt me as I can see them if I glance up but at the moment I can take them or leave them!

The one thing I am fancying, not entirely craving but I just think I really fancy is a glass of wine! But even that isn't a strong fancy, just hmm it would be nice kind of fancy - am I strange or what!!!

Anyway, that's me for today, nice and calm and knowing that if I stick to it 100% over the next 2 weeks until I see my cdc again, I will definitely be under 12 stone at my next weigh in! I have to be as I'm sure I cant possibly stay the same over 2 weeks on ss+!!!

xx
Stacey

So after yesterday's post about my ride in an ambulance with my son the day before, I totally forgot to fill in my diary lol!

I seem to have arrived at a very good place in my head with regards to food! I don't have the urge to eat at all, I keep forgetting to have my cd meals too, I didn't have my (cd soup) lunch until 1.50pm yesterday and only thought to have my bar for dinner when OH was eating his gammon, egg & chips, which to be honest didn't really appeal anyway!

This is totally alien to me, I love food and usually want to eat whatever OH is having! Ah well, cant complain!!!

So today's dilemma...

OH wants a drink at the weekend, no probs by me, but he thinks I 'deserve' a glass of wine for all my hard work, which to be honest I would LOVE, I really fancy a nice cold glass of dry white wine, just the one but the problem is, I would have to knock myself out of ketosis so it isn't dangerous, which is easy, just eat carbs right - thing is, that would then have a knock on effect to my weight loss next week and I would have to re-establish myself into ketosis etc, when I have got myself in the zone now, is it worth it? It certainly doesn't feel like it at the moment, if I don't lose any weight on my next weigh in day is it going to knock me back, and if I start eating is it going to make me eat more?

I think I've just answered my own question haven't I!!!

I did a sneaky weigh yesterday morning and the scales read 11 stone 9lbs which is 5lbs less than my weigh in on Tuesday with my cdc, and 3lbs less than my scales said on Tuesday, my weigh in is going to be on my own scales on Tues as cdc away so its probably gonna show a good loss for me next week :) problem is, week after it will be slightly higher on cdc scales but hey, I will bask in my glory hehe!!!

xx
Stacey

Back