Twitter!

RubyMoss

Silver Member
Well, I'm an avid user of Twitter - whether people pay attention or not, I'm there, ready and willing to keep the world updated on my life!

I just wondered (and apologies if this has already been asked!) whether any of you lovely people use Twitter frequently, or use it as a place to record their weight-loss journey?

I always seem to get to know people better over Twitter (strange, eh!) so if anyone uses it and doesn't mind me following them, it'd be great!

I am on twitter, I read it more than I write on it - feel free to add me though @mrsminxington, that goes for anyone on here who uses it. At least, I *think* thats my twitter name, I never write things to myself!!!

She is the worlds oldest twitterer, she was 104 when she joined and she's 105 now but is incredibly poorly and the nursing home manager where she lives is posting updates but its not looking very good for her. @ivybean104

Well, yes it is, and no it isnt. Shes 105, by anyones standards thats a hell of an innings. She, as we all do, have to shuffle off at some point and she is in no pain and is resting peacefully. Shes a bit of a twitter legend though, and has all sorts of celebs and non-famous types wishing her well. It will be a sad day in twitter land when the news gets through, but the enjoyment she has got out of being able to use twitter and her time of being a bit of a celebrity will have made her last year or so incredibly enjoyable for her. She even has Peter Andre calling the home for daily updates on her, and they have met several times! I think shes been a pretty cool twitterer.

Yeah, I agree with you there. 105 is definitely a good, long life, but no matter how old a person is, it's never old enough :(

At least she's not in pain!

xxx

Just to say she died in the early hours of the morning and twitter is a poorer place without her :(

RIP Ivy Bean!

Was really sad to read that earlier. She was great, her tweets were amazing for someone her age. She had some great celeb followers too

She was, and was clearly having a lovely time in her dotage. The nursing home she was in should be very proud of themselves, she gave an excellent picture of how well she was cared for.

Back