Two old Fogies who are newbies

red biddy

My husband and I are both in our 60's and, what with one thing and another, our weight has ballooned. We are in a vicious circle...we are fat and unfit so don't move much but we need to get out of this rut and take responsibility for getting back into healthy life style. When we were young my husband (6ft) was around 11and a half stones. Me (5ft 5") was always between 9 and 10 stones. My husband has mild COPD and I have achy knees and hips.
The lady who brings our Hermes deliveries has lost 2 stones and looks amazing.She looks fit and healthy and her skin and hair are beautiful. She is a member of Slimming World and says it's the best thing she has ever done.
We are dithering about joining, we can't see any problems ahead but feel if/when we do join we would like to belong to a forum where more experienced Slimming Worlders can give us support and tips alongside the people we meet at the meetings

Well, support is what we're all about here! I'm not with Slimming World, but I hope you enjoy your membership here all the same. Welcome to MiniMins.

Hi :)

What a nice friendly lot you are.I should start a diary, but I don't think I have enough posts under my belt.I'm braving to fog and going to Iceland (freezer place,not the country)this morning.They carry Slimming World ready meals. I'm looking for sausages, but apparently, they are as rare as hens teeth. As soon as they come in, whoop bang they are gone

Welcome to the group and I like the 'bang' reference to sausages in the above post! :)

Ah I just stock up my freezer with WW ready meals when they are on offer! Never look at the slimming world ones, maybe I should!

you've only 8 to go!

Back