Type 2 Diabetes - anyone 'nearly' diagnosed?

Im on a regimen of insulin where i take 1.5 units of insulin for every 10g of carbs ... eg .... 30g of carbs in cereal and milk .. equals 5 units of insulin and 80% of the time it works out fab:cool: ..... maybe you should try change your regimen Leanne1 - then you can eat anything u desire :rolleyes:

Sorry to hear that Barb .. but can i just let you into a lil secret .... your blood glucose will shoot up high up to an hour after any food ... it usually takes about 2-3 hours to return to normal as in that hour your pancreas is releasing insulin to concur that sugar in your blood, what you experienced was what happens to non diabetics too, they just dont test their glucose levels an hour after food - try it on your husband or children after a chocolate bar - you will be suprised how high it can go - the difference for them is their body will release the right amount of insulin to battle that sugar ... so dont worry and dont stop eating them rice crispies !!!!! :cool: xxxxx

Got my results today and i am clear, relief. LL started yesterday and will keep going because next time might not be clear.

Fab news Marty xxxxx

Thank you Claire. xxx Today is last day of LL, from tomorrow doing Exante and already planning WW for the future. Determined to do it this time, going to the doc was a real wake up call. xxx

Awww fab! its all going in the right direction - :D:D hard work always pays off doesnt it xxxxxx

Its hard but i know its going to be worth it, its being mentally strong and keeping myself busy, dont feel hungry at all. My boss is giving me a key to the gym at work and taking me to see it today, didnt even know we had one, only found out after saying ai was thinking of joining one. so that saves some £. Also looking at Diet chef instead of WW for when i immediatley come off Exante. What diet did you use? xxx

Hi Barb!
I was told i have type two 3 weeks ago. My sugar level was 20.4 and i was taken to hospital.
Has the doctor gave you any medication? X

Hi kelly and welcome to the diabetes world hope you are feeling better now it can be overwhelming are you on meds yourself ?

Its hard but i know its going to be worth it, its being mentally strong and keeping myself busy, dont feel hungry at all. My boss is giving me a key to the gym at work and taking me to see it today, didnt even know we had one, only found out after saying ai was thinking of joining one. so that saves some £. Also looking at Diet chef instead of WW for when i immediatley come off Exante. What diet did you use? xxx

Awwww fab about the gym:D .... deffo a fab advantage!!!!!

Im currently on weight watchers, altho coz im a type 1 i can eat what i want within reason n just inject insulin as n when :)

Leanne - i bloody did ... its not worth it .... got retinopathy, hypertension and lost some of the function of my kidneys ... personally tho i dont think ppl were as clued up about diabetes as they are now .... as a young child i was always made to believe that diabetes wasnt a serious illness ... so i didnt test my bg, missed insulin and ate multiple sweets ..... its a total shame - im a good girl now tho, so hopefully i can keep hold of my sight and kidneys a bit longer :)

Oh Claire, my heart goes out to you. It really does. My father died of a stroke because he didn't have adequate help with his diabetes. He was already blind and had neuropathy. I just hope the health services get it right sometime soon because we are still pretty much out there doing it for ourselves.
Anything I can do Claire, please just say.

Oh bless you :) Thats so kind .... i just hope that ive caught things before they get too bad .... at the mo, my retinopathy has calmed down after lots of laser ... and my kidneys are not too bad ... its my hypertension that worries me, its not massively over but a tight control of 110/80 is impossible for me ... im on max dose of antihypertensives too ... i try my hardest to keep good control but who can keep their bg at 4-7 unless they sit home all day and eat meals at the same time every day .. its impossible ..... Im holding out for a pump ... im in the process of transfering diabetes centres as my current one says i cant have one ... :( ... its ridiculous, you only get one wen your too ill, why not try n stop things gettin too bad eh, it would be cost effective in the long run ..stupid NHS!!

I hope you do get your pump. They are great for keeping tight control. I low carb so my bg is usually between 4-7 but I do work from home so it is easier for me. The low carbing has also helped with my blood pressure though. So good news all round for me.
I hope you get a good doctor. I don't know where I would be now if I hadn't found mine. She is wonderful.

Im a nurse so ive no chance of a sit down job ... hehe! so the pump is a must for me, i will get one one day ...... :rolleyes:

Just wanted to thank everyone who posted in this thread, been reading this afternoon and so good to read how others have gotten on with "nearly" being dignosed

Have had problems with blood sugar for years but always test negative for diabetes. The last time tho my doctor agreed to send me for an oral glucose test which I am so glad about - she thinks I may be glucose intolerant - it would explain the strange time I've had with falling asleep for the past 5 years!

Either way am thinking it really is time for me to do something proper about losing some weight

anyway, thanks all

Back