Under 16s

Shirleen

Gold Member
My son wants to lose weight and needs to lose at least two stone, however he's 15 and will NOT go to group!
Does anyone know if he gets extra HEs? He wants me to meal plan for him like I do mine but i don't want him to miss out on HEs.

Thanks in advance x

Shirleen said:
My son wants to lose weight and needs to lose at least two stone, however he's 15 and will NOT go to group!
Does anyone know if he gets extra HEs? He wants me to meal plan for him like I do mine but i don't want him to miss out on HEs.

Thanks in advance x

Hi Shirleen, my consultant said children can have as many HE's as they want! (within reason obviously)

vanilla_cupcake said:
Hi Shirleen, my consultant said children can have as many HE's as they want! (within reason obviously)

Ooh thanks!

I think that there is nothing restricted, they are encouraged to choose free foods, superfree foods, healthy extras and then make healthy swaps - so swap crisps for quavers, coke for diet coke.

The more swaps they make, the better.

Now for my opinion.....we have a couple of free2go teenagers in group. They pretty much follow to the letter, the normal amount of HEX's, syns etc. They lose really well! The amount of free food we can have means (in theory) that they find they don't need any more extras etc. but they don't beat themselves up if they have extra syns.

jaylou said:
I think that there is nothing restricted, they are encouraged to choose free foods, superfree foods, healthy extras and then make healthy swaps - so swap crisps for quavers, coke for diet coke.

The more swaps they make, the better.

Now for my opinion.....we have a couple of free2go teenagers in group. They pretty much follow to the letter, the normal amount of HEX's, syns etc. They lose really well! The amount of free food we can have means (in theory) that they find they don't need any more extras etc. but they don't beat themselves up if they have extra syns.

Well I told him last night I thought he got double Hexs so I will keep to that and do him a food plan. Now any tips to stop my chocoholic skinny hubby buying him loads of crappy sweet stuff???

MadameLaMinx said:
Where in the rule book does it say that? Can someone please tell MrLaMinx please. I've been down here for hours...

Haha!!!!

I want to try and get my mum doing that, as she's started following slimming world with her partner, who only needs to loose about a stone. Thing is, my mum is only 8 stone 3 and she runs a lot, does marathons ect.

I've told her to have extra syns and extra healthy extra's but she's on and off with it, sometimes she's really strict with it asking me the syns on everything. She's not been a bad this week, eating wispa's every night even though we're out at the weekend and she'll be drinking and eating lots of treats. I hope she sticks with this new way of doing it though.

Back