Unfinished diary

Crumble yoghurts ,, Oh , they sound amazing .. My favoutite pudding in the world is crumble..Going to look for those. I had a meringue nest with Quark mixed with choc options and a bit of cherry yoghurt ..covered in srawberries and rasberries.. 4 syns for what was like utter luxury.
Diana

That sounds lovely, Diana. I'm definitely in the mood for luscious puds at the moment. :drool:

Can't recommend the crumble yogurts enough - and that from someone whos namesake shows my absolute love of them! :p

Hi Crumble,

Just thought I would say Hi.. I have been sent your way for the Yummy Rice pudding recipe! :) xxx

Ferrero Rocher, just for you Crumble xx oh and anyone else that fancies making them xx

Makes 18 at 1 syn each

5 scan bran
3 tbsp nutella
3 tbsp golden syrup

Put scan bran in a bowl add a bit of water, crumble in to small bits

Stir in nutella and syrup

use spoons to mix ( saves hands getting covered and doesnt waste mixture,lol)

Spoon in to 18 cake cases (ball shapes)

Put in fridge for an hour

and then eat, hopefully not all at once although they are pretty addictive lol

Ferrero Rocher, just for you Crumble xx oh and anyone else that fancies making them xx

Makes 18 at 1 syn each

5 scan bran
3 tbsp nutella
3 tbsp golden syrup

Put scan bran in a bowl add a bit of water, crumble in to small bits

Stir in nutella and syrup

use spoons to mix ( saves hands getting covered and doesnt waste mixture,lol)

Spoon in to 18 cake cases (ball shapes)

Put in fridge for an hour

and then eat, hopefully not all at once although they are pretty addictive lol

I sometimes melt a small bar of dairymilk chocolate and drizzle over the ferrero rocher just before they set, they go down well at a party.

Jane x

Hi Sugarplum :wavey:
A few different ideas the girls have given me for rice pudding on here now. Love the stuff.

Oh and don't get me started on custard, Diana. Didn't realise how much I loved it till I didn't have it so much. :rolleyes:
Evaporated milk custard is my favourite. :drool:

Thanks for the recipe, Lily. Oh dear, I have a bad feeling about those. Who could eat just one or even three? :eek: And drizzled with chocolate, Jane fashioned. I'd have to scoff the lot.
Shall save those for when the will power is at an all time high, I think. But they WILL get made, Oh yessy indeedy! :p

Okay, Food today: RED

whl toast ~ HXB
scrambled eggs
grilled toms/mushrooms
iced coffee ~ HXA
1 tsp sugar ~ 1 syn

Banana
Shape crumble yogurt ~ 0.5 syns
Watermelon
2 skinless chicken thighs

Stewed beef in gravy ~ 3 syns
carrots/brussels/cauli/onions
1/2 giant yorkie ~ 8 syns

Fruit roulade (Aug SW mag) ~ 4.5syns
iced coffee ~ HXA + 1 syn

= 2x HXA, 1x HXB + 18 syns

87.5/105 syns

So that will be another weeks meus completed. Will just have to see what the scales make of it tomorrow morning. How did weigh day come round that quick? :eek:

Off for a read up. Catch you all later. ;)

Last edited:
Hi Sugarplum :wavey:
A few different ideas the girls have given me for rice pudding on here now. Love the stuff.

Oh and don't get me started on custard, Diana. Didn't realise how much I loved it till I didn't have it so much. :rolleyes:
Evaporated milk custard is my favourite. :drool:

Thanks for the recipe, Lily. Oh dear, I have a bad feeling about those. Who could eat just one or even three? :eek: And drizzled with chocolate, Jane fashioned. I'd have to scoff the lot.
Shall save those for when the will power is at an all time high, I think. But they WILL get made, Oh yessy indeedy! :p

Okay, Food today: RED

whl toast ~ HXB
scrambled eggs
grilled toms/mushrooms
iced coffee ~ HXA
1 tsp sugar ~ 1 syn

Banana
Shape crumble yogurt ~ 0.5 syns
Watermelon

Stewed beef in gravy ~ 3 syns
carrots/brussels/cauli/onions
1/2 giant yorkie ~ 8 syns

Fruit roulade (Aug SW mag) ~ 4.5syns
iced coffee ~ HXA + 1 syn

= 2x HXA, 1x HXB + 18 syns

87.5/105 syns

So that will be another weeks meus completed. Will just have to see what the scales make of it tomorrow morning. How did weigh day come round that quick? :eek:

Off for a read up. Catch you all later. ;)

Good luck for tomorrow wi xx

Good luck for wi tomorrow hun
Just putting the LMP's (made 4 individual ones) in the oven will give results later xx

Good luck with your wi tomorrow!!!

Thanks for the recipe, Lily. Oh dear, I have a bad feeling about those. Who could eat just one or even three? And drizzled with chocolate, Jane fashioned. I'd have to scoff the lot.
Shall save those for when the will power is at an all time high, I think. But they WILL get made, Oh yessy indeedy!

oh gosh just noticed this Crumble...I have made these once at xmas and I won't make them again as I just couldn't leave them alone they are toooooo more-some...I could see me putting that 11st back on if I ate them regularly lol xx

Update on the LMP'S ...they have just come out of the oven....look and smell divine, need to cool them and then chill...will be back later with full update lol xx
Final update on the LMP's ...hmm if you make them just send them to me Crumble, I'll dispose of them for you....lmao
For someone that isn't that keen on quark, I was suitably impressed and I would definitely have them again, but it's not like LMP it's more like lemon mousse with a soft meringue on top, all the same very very nice for a freebie xx

Last edited:
Recipe! Recipe Lily, Must make them.

Well girls, BAD NEWS 1.5lbs ON! :cry:

Hmmm, I have no explanation. I was 100% all week. I didn't waiver. I'm shocked. :eek: I even exercised. I didn't pig out once or overdo the free foods. :confused:

Now in the past in these situations I'd plead astonishment while secretly thinking, 'I BET it was that day when I had that ..... '
or I'd started saying it must be the exercise, muscle heavier than fat etc etc...:rolleyes:
or I might even say the scales were probably acting up, they have a mind of their own...:eek:
but truth be told, none of that would be true.
I simply don't know. :(

Okay, so I shall just have to wait another week for my scales 'reward.'
I shall not be miffy, I shall be all grown up. I shall not take it out on DH. :copon:
I shall just calmly look back over my weeks food and assess to try and see what the bloomin' heck went wrong because I WAS GOOD. Its not fair!!!! :rant2: :needhug:

I mean, HOW do you be all be brave about these things? I was sooo convinced I'd get my blue topaz 1 stone shiny this week. I'd worked out where to put it on my siggy for maximum impact. (I'd even tried on Lily's earlier in the week to see how it looked):ashamed0005:
I'd gone as far as thinking beyond to my coveted 'tequilla sunrise' 1 1/2 stone shiny, thinking, 'won't be long now girl. Couple more weeks and its yours.' HUH!

Oh and the worst has just hit me. I've got to add weight back on to my tickers! :eek: The shame of it! :cry:

Arggh bear with me. The self pity will burn itself out in a minute. :rolleyes: I'm just hugely disappointed and I don't handle it as well as most of you. I've so much to lose and I want to get on with it.
So.. I guess that is what I'd better do. :p

Positive crumble making a comeback.

If it was one of you I'd say, 'its a blip, don't worry about it. The scales will sort themselves out. Don't lose confidence. Forget it and move on. Do the necessary with your tickers, recheck last weeks food to make sure you didn't make a ricket with your syns and then get stuck into this week.'

One good thing that I've just realised. Even with this 'blip' I still lost my 10lbs in time for my weekend away with DH.:) See, not all bad. And I still lost 10.5lbs in 3 weeks. Ohh I'm getting my mojo back and starting to act my age and not like a trantruming two year old. :p

Back in a bit with my menu. ;)

JaneB - have mucked up your befriend thingy. sorry. I was clicking willy nilly, totally clueless as to what I was supposed to do and it disappeared. :confused:
I think I should have clicked your avatar.

I am so useless at this stuff. :sigh:

It is so unfair when the scales don't give you the well deserved result:cry:
But as you have said, pick yourself up, brush yourself down, and go on to greater losses xxxx

Hey hun,
Sorry about your gain, but it could be the exercise...not that the muscle is heavier because to be honest it would take people like us months of intensive exercise to gain muscle, but what it could be is because you are exercising, same as when you are dieting and you body says hey lets hold this fat because you are doing something different and it's scared, your muscles have retained water (no one knows exactly why they do but they do), for a few days maybe even weeks, but after they are used to your continued exercise they should and almost undoubtedly will settle down again and you will continue with your weight loss journey happy in the knowledge that you are doing everything exactly as you should be and your body is reacting exactly as it should ...so chin up hun ....I put on (and I just had to check the exact amount lol ) 3lb when I first started to exercise and was devastated as I didn't know why and it was just before xmas too. But I did end up having a 6.5lb loss the week after and also lost 6.5lb in total for the 2 weeks after that, which were over xmas ...even though I was devastated by the original gain, I was overjoyed at the 2 massive losses after xx

Hmmm shall I give you the recipe for the LMP's ....????
Lol sorry got my nasty head on, yes of course I will...a small tip it says to bake them in the oven for 10 mins before putting the meringue on and baking....I would suggest maybe 12 or 13 mins ...I have a fan assisted oven and they were still too gloopy for my liking, but by the time I said oh put them back in for another couple of mins my DD2 had already put the meringue on 2 of them ....so I let her continue, so here we are hun, they are simple to make and lovely yum yum xx
Oh and before I forget I found some amazing recipes last night will share a bit later but one is for a syn free cheese sauce (cheese to be taken as Hexa obviously)..I can't wait to try it lol...anyway Recipe LMP's as below

300 gms quark
1 lemon, grated rind and juice
3 medium eggs separated
4 tbsps splenda or canderel

----------------------------------------------------------------

Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4
Beat the quark in a bowl to make it smooth and creamy, add the lemon rind and juice, egg yolks and 2 tbsps splenda/canderel.
Share between 4 ramekins. Stand them on a baking sheet and bake for 10 mins.
Whisk the egg whites until they form peaks, whisk in the remaining sweetener.
Remove desserts from oven and pile the meringue on top.
Return to the oven for another 5 mins or until golden brown.
Serve chilled.

Thought you might also like this cake recipe, when i was doing WW's they had a lemon drizzle cake that sounds very similar to this but because of the flour it worked out to over 40 syns for the cake and I thought I would never be able to taste it again, so I am well pleased with this one hopefully it will taste as good..hope you like it xx

Amazing Lemon Cake
6 Eggs separated
9 tbsps Splenda
1 tspn Vanilla essence
1 tspn lemon extract (2 syns it’s made with sunflower oil)
Grated zest of a lemon
56g S R Flour (9 syns)
Topping/Filling
1 tbspn of lemon curd (2.5 syns)
----------------------------------------------------------------
In a bowl, whisk the egg whites until they are stiff and form peaks.
In another bowl whisk the egg yolks, splenda, vanilla essence, lemon extract and zest. Add flour and whisk again, then add egg whites and whisk until they are all combined.
Line a loose bottom cake tin with non stick baking parchment. Pour the batter in (don’t worry, it will nearly reach the top). Bake at 190°C for 15-20 mins until a knife inserted comes out clean. You may need to cover the top for the last 5 mins with foil to stop it from scorching.
Remove from the oven and spread the lemon curd over. Leave to cool and then remove paper and cut into slices

EE = 13.5 syns for the whole thing

P.S. I didn't know until this morning, if you use any food flavouring or essence (they are usually fat free) they are free, but if you use an Extract, it has vegetable or sunflower oil in so usually works out 2 syns per tablespoon full...I got caught out ooops lol xx

Love, love, love these recipes. Thank you muchly. :)

Ands thanks both Ginlin and lily for the common sense, don't let it get you down, pep up. ;) It really did smart this morning but I'm out of it now.

Ohh and I do remember being a bit pogged after my Smash pizza and my rice pud in the week, so maybe listen to the tummy rather than watching the portion size. They may not agree some days.
Just because its only a small portion doesn't still mean I need to eat every scrap and scrape the pattern off the plate. I may need to leave a spoonful or two on the plate. :eek: ( ohh I don't like that idea, doesn't sit happy at all).:eek:

Will get my menu plan done soon. Have mum for day so jumped on here quick as she's gone 'tut tutting' into the garden and homing in on my bedraggled tomato plants with a watering can. Someone hasn't done them in days. :rolleyes:

Back