Unsupportive other half

letsgetlosing

Anyone have to deal with this? First he questions the increase in fruit and veg shopping bill. and states- 'you better eat all this' and then tonight , cos Im having a glass of wine, he says, 'i thought u were on a diet?'
And after i had a good loss last week he says, oh yeah I think I lost weight as well.
And then when he actually notices that I have lost weight he says, ' you are gonna keep this up arent you? Cos you always lose weight then put it all on again'
Grrrr just having a moment!

He being very unsupportive hun, dont tell him anything.like when you have lost or whatever dont tell him and wait till he says.
My other half always says you bettet eat it all too an it soooo annoying.
Enjoy your glass of wine but dnt forget to count it

oh its counted!!

We all have to treat outselves and thats what are syns are for. I save most of mine all week and on a sat night i have a takeaway. Well worth it and seems to be working well saving my syns.

I tell him oh I've lost 5 pound this week- his reply is I've got some money if you want it!!! Every time so I give up telling him

Mines generally quite supportive and always has nice comments. He just tends to have the habit of buying loads of crap and then sitting in front of me eating it all. Or he will go on about wanting dominos or a kebab.

Talking of Dominos- i live in a small town and we are just about to have our 1st dominos opening. Luckily we dont have a Macd or a KFC!

We are lucky no one delivers to us so I have to drive and pick up so now we just don't have it :)

My OH is the same. He enjoys giving me those back handed compliments like ' I find you really sexy with you new figure. I liked you before but you were quite chunky' hmmm thank you???? Lol x

I think being overweight & having been on diets & failed before we're plagued with people telling us we're going to fail, we're going to put it on again, we shouldn't be eating this or that and even going as far as to try and sabotage our efforts at losing weight because they feel more comfortable with the 'fat', insecure people we've become. Thinking that we may actually stick to it this time & that we're going to become the slim, attractive, confident people that we know we really are is very much a threat to some people.

When you have five minutes to yourself, go and sit down on your own. Close your eyes & vivdly imagine how you'll look at your goal weight. What you're wearing, how your make-up is done, what your hair looks like. Imagine how the new you feels when she's given a compliment. Briefly take you through a day in the shoes of the new, slimmer, more confident you. How has your life changed for the better. Now put a smile on your face as you imagine how all these changes are going to feel.
Whenever you get a negative comment, someone telling you you're not going to stick to it, telling you you can't have this or that, eating a takeaway in front of you....go back to that feeling & imagine your slimmer future awaits.
You don't have to be made to feel bad about what you're doing or what you are or aren't eating. Jealousy, insecurities - these are other peoples issues. You know that you're doing whats right for you & lets face it, you're the only one that matters in this. *hugs*
(either that or give him a slap!! lol)

Thats such a shame hes not being supportive. Mines great and i;ve been my goal weight many times before(asnd below)and the other half knows i'm happy and more confident and outgoing. He has started exercising with me and he has switched his diet to a more healthy type though he stillveats crap now and again lol. He never questions what i eat through slimming world and hes been really really great cant fault the guy

letsgetlosing said:
Talking of Dominos- i live in a small town and we are just about to have our 1st dominos opening. Luckily we dont have a Macd or a KFC!

We live in a small town also but the main road is nothing but carry outs. We have subway kfc dominos and pizza hut all within a mile of our house. There are also about three or four chinese and indians and two chippies. It is hell walking along there in the evening when youre hungry!!!!

Bless you, maybe he just doesn't know how to talk about it without sounding unsupportive? Ignore any nasty comments and just carry on with how you are going, he will soon be complimenting you!

My other half is supportive, but he doesn't half moan about the weekly shopping bill, I kindly pointed out it would be cheaper if he would eat the same food as me which soon shut him up! He often sits there with a pizza, or stuffed pasta and garlic bread whilst I am eating cous cous salad, doesn't quite get that the smell is rather tempting, sometimes people just don't think!

Keep going x

Aww sorry you feel so unsupported. If I were you I would thank him nicely every time he says something, as if it were something nice, it may spur him on to actually say something nice.

oh no, I feel so lucky m OH is so supportive and make SW friendly meals. Just keep reminding yourself of the reasons you are doing this and have faith in yourself. We can all do this and we only need ourselves to be strong to succeed. I hope he realises how well you are doing and starts to support you. You will get tonnes of support on here as I know I have!

Not being rude but have you been on many diets before? He may just be bored hearing it, I have a friend thats been on a diet for all her adult life, I am the first one to be supportive but after listening to her rave on about yet another diet I tend to switch off, she is still at least 10 stones too heavy and seems to get heavier with each diet, this is the first time I have needed to really diet (other than a few Xmas/holiday lbs) I do get amazed reading people when they say they "fell off the wagon" and have put more weight on than they lost, maybe I'm just a stubborn old git and refuse to fall off the wagon

Tell him straight that hes not hellping you at all and if he thinks its easy he should go to slimming world with you.

My hubby is very supportive and always asks when i come howe how ive done, so i can't really understand what your going through BUT i can offer the advice of tell him how you feel.

Back