Update from Abu Dhabi

lorraineA

Silver Member
Hello from Abu Dhabi. Just flown through the night from Islamabad so not slept and stayed 100%. Got roo upgrade at hotel to deluxe room which was great as there are scales in bathroom. I know it's not offical as different scales to pharmacy but just as an indication I weighed myself - 1st time in nearly 2 weeks due to being away and was dead excited as lost 9 pounds according to them anyway! Got to keep it up all this week so can get as much off as possible before proper WI at pharmacy next weekend. Could get close to a stone which would be fab and make 4 stone off!!!!!!

thats brilliant, well done and enjoy the rest of your holiday!!

What an inspiration you are to stay 100% whilst travelling. I really hope you get rewarded with the stone you would love as you'd deserve it. Keep it up as are doing amazingly well :) xx

WOW!! Well done
Best of luck for that 1 stone weigh in
x x x

Hi Lorraine,
Your doing sooo well hun, well done!!! I am not sure if it was me there I`d be quite so strong so I am impressed hun... what a star you are!! :D:D Enjoy your time and I really hope and pray you come home safe and weigh in with that amazing 4 stone off woohoo!! Much love to you Lou xx

Thanks very much everyone. It is really nice to have such palpable support from you all, especially when I am workng so far from home and in somewhat difficult circumstances - and that's before I even think about LT lol! There is a rooftop swimming pool on 31st floor of hotel so I think I might give that a whirl and try to help shift some more pesky pounds.``

Thanks very much everyone. It is really nice to have such palpable support from you all, especially when I am workng so far from home and in somewhat difficult circumstances - and that's before I even think about LT lol! There is a rooftop swimming pool on 31st floor of hotel so I think I might give that a whirl and try to help shift some more pesky pounds.``

It's raining and windy in Leeds ... just thought i'd share that with you and the fact i'm well jealous of the fact your in a hot country with a rooftop swimming pool haha

Have a fab day you deserve it :) x

It's raining and windy in Leeds ... just thought i'd share that with you and the fact i'm well jealous of the fact your in a hot country with a rooftop swimming pool haha

Have a fab day you deserve it :) x
LOL at Katie - yes point taken I know there are positives to being away too - actually lookig forward though to coming home next weekend even if it is cold - I'll be bounding up the road to the pharmacy for my weigh in.Actually this time away has really made me realise the difference losing the weight has made in so short a time as last week in Pakistan I was living on the British compound and hadto walk to the office compound - around a 7 minute walk up a bit of a hill, pulling a heavy laptop / brief case then the office had loads of steps to climb. I managed this without any problem. I could not have done this only a few months ago and would have rally struggled!I have been able to wear lots of suits I couldn't for ages - in fcat they are too big and I was having to safety pin the waistbands of the trousers!Not to mention how much easier it was to fit in the plane seats.I am just so so pleased with the results of this diet and wish I had done it years ago.

LOL at Katie - yes point taken I know there are positives to being away too - actually lookig forward though to coming home next weekend even if it is cold - I'll be bounding up the road to the pharmacy for my weigh in.Actually this time away has really made me realise the difference losing the weight has made in so short a time as last week in Pakistan I was living on the British compound and hadto walk to the office compound - around a 7 minute walk up a bit of a hill, pulling a heavy laptop / brief case then the office had loads of steps to climb. I managed this without any problem. I could not have done this only a few months ago and would have rally struggled!I have been able to wear lots of suits I couldn't for ages - in fcat they are too big and I was having to safety pin the waistbands of the trousers!Not to mention how much easier it was to fit in the plane seats.I am just so so pleased with the results of this diet and wish I had done it years ago.

It is great that you're finding the positives to your travelling too and hopefully they make it a little easier for you as know that must be one of the most challenging things to have to do on LT is travel, especially for work.

The differences are amazing aren't they and that hill bit you speak of reminds me of the a hill that made me decide enough was enough .. yay you for doing the walk without no problem :)

I am sure the saftey pin was a welcome addition to your outfit lol

Keep it up as you're doing so well and yes you didn't do it years ago but you're making a change now and that's all that matters. Fabulous and another inspiration for me :) x

Great non-scale as well as scale victories for you so Lorraine!! You should be very very proud of what you've achieved so far. Well done hun for resisting temptation while away in sunnier climes! You have seriously great willpower. Can't wait to hear the news of your weigh-in when you get home!!

x S

Thanks Shivie. I forgot one other thing - the hotel bathrobe actually fits for once - what a gret feeling that was (even though it is size large - usually XL ones don't fit!!!!)

Thanks Shivie. I forgot one other thing - the hotel bathrobe actually fits for once - what a gret feeling that was (even though it is size large - usually XL ones don't fit!!!!)

Yaaaayyyy!! Another to add to the ever-lengthening NSV list so hun! Am so jealous by the way....it's freeeeezin here in Dublin! Enjoy the trip hun, even though it's business you're gettin serious amounts of pleasure!

xx S

You have an iron will. So very impressed by you. You will be at target in no time. Big round of appaluse from me xxxx

Hey congratulations, you are doing so well. You are going to look lovely in THAT dress and most important of all you are going to FEEL great in it. I am REALLY pleased for you. So glad you can log on to stay in touch with us all and keep yourself motivated. Take care, Elaine.

Back