Update on Liver problems

oooh this was an interesting thread, I would love to know the outcome.

I know years ago people thought that ketogenic diets caused probs with kidneys, liver and heart. but with todays regulations and the addition of vits, mins, and protein the serious side effects should be reduced.

that is not to say that if someone has some unknown contraindications, than more serious side effects could occur. or if someone has not stuck to the strict rules, (no accusation intended) like not drinking enough, not having all the shakes, having alcohol, cheating on food that has reacted in some way, been on strong medication etc (that could increase the chance of a recation to meds for example).

for all we know the doctors could have said the opposite and said 'its the bottle of vodka a day you are drinkning love' ;) (no accusation intended).

However, that said, this a free forum and we still have freedom of speech, so we are all entitled to agree or disagree or sit on the fence.

just by posting and people responding it becomes a balanced argument, if someone is worried to start with and this puts them off, then it puts them off. it no skin off our nose really.

this is a contraversial diet, and people will push back against it, and some are informed - and some are not informed at all, after all - even the dr's - so called proffessionals - cannot agree.

what i would say though, is that the diet should not be used and abused to come on and off willy nilly, as i think long term it could cause problems. either health wise or will power wise.

lets face it, there is no easy solution to weight control. there are also more diets than there are people, and some will suit some people more than others. My ex's mum actually got ill on WW, she kept passng out, lost weight, put could not stand up straight.

humans are very complex organisms, and we are all different.

as for critizing people for posting disagreeable or vaugly accusational posts, we maybe should check our own intensions first.

I know for a fact I have posted some of my strong mindedness on here, and why shouldn't I? why shouldn't anyone?

once upon a time smoking was encouraged - now its not
beer was the only way to drink clean water - now its not
bread and butter was part of a healthy diet - now its not
weight gain was a sign of prosperity - now its not
this is a controlled starvation simulating diet, the jury is still out on it really, it could go either way.

I used to take medication that is now banned, i never had any ill effects from it, it worked well for me, but individial reactions have to be balanced with the risk and rewards to 'users' as a whole.

and reading the posts on here, i'd say we have made this look fairly balanced!

lets face it, no one really knows whats good for us, we just have to make up our own minds and take our own risks.

hope she is feeling better anyway, she must have felt pretty rotten and pretty scared either way. we at least should respect that.

oooh had a bit of a rant there! ;)

I love mingling with you LT ladies, its like the coffee mornings i always missed out on!! hehhehe

Sorry msblonde I have to disagree with you on a point, I think what Minsky posted could be very important, and clearly worrying to a number of people, but by being so vague, her post is unhelpful, and I believe she is being deliberate in that. She's posted before in a similar fashion and when she is asked for specifics she disappears.

I'm not claiming I know the answers, and I am certainly not denying her right to post. I simply am interested in her symptoms, tests and outcomes but she won't provide this information which to me is very odd behaviour.

For all we know she could work for Weight Watchers!:rolleyes:

Ive had a poor liver function for the last few years (drink) but I always new I should be careful as when I was a child I nearly lost my life to liver failure. Obviously Im still here, well in body my mind is often in other places!
I have had my liver function test done of late and its fine now since I lost all my weight and cut down on the drink although I did get very very drunk last week for the first time in 10 months, ooops!
We are all built different and whats good for one, may not be good for the other for various reasons.
But me personally, LT was the best thing I have ever done and I wouldnt change a thing.

although I did get very very drunk last week for the first time in 10 months, ooops!

It probably took about half a pint after so long! So now your hunky and a cheap date! What a man!

I agree with liberty you cant come on here and say something like that which is going to worry people then disappear! its not fair on other people who truely could be worried

I think it's more the case that she cannot hack the diet so she goes out and looks for an excuse.

Any doc will say this is bad if pushed, it's controlled starvation at the end of the day.

Last edited by a moderator:
here here msblonde! lmao -aren't we all just so diplomatic?! ;)

hehe she has disappeared though hasn't she. Disappointing that is. I agree, she should at least come back on and comment.
Well at least we all love it!

She has disappeared so effectively I think she has stayed on Lt too long hehehe

I just want some more info or proof from minsky instead of coming on here saying she has liver problems which has been caused by LT and we should all be careful!

I was put on this diet by my doctor and i get weighed every week at my doctors by the nurse who has been in charge of LT there for over 15 years. So if it was that dangerous why did the doctor put me on it?

Each and every person is different, in my first fortnight on LT I had a severe rash, some other people had it, not many, but it was a reaction to LT, just because not many people have it, does not mean its not possible.

As for your doctors prescribing LT to you, and if they would if it was dangerous, doctors prescribe medication day in day out that can cause other medical problems, ie, HRT, The Pill, etc, but its all about the specific person who takes the pills. Some people may be on LT with no problems, others have some, its just about the individual.

Laura x

To be honest i really cant be arsed with this thread anymore people are just going round and round in circles! I'll be back n when ever minsky is....if she ever comes back on!

I posted that and then read the rest of the replies I am sorry honey!!

Lets just remember the time frame '13 DAYS' How much could that do?!?!?!?! Seriously naff all!!

Maybe shes that girl that was about a few weeks ago that told us we were all stupid because we were doing this diet and she'd failed on her first day or something??? Maybe shes doing research of how we react oooooo interesting, the mind games that can be played on the internet :D

Maybe she/he/it/them are doing market research for LT and are testing us,....weve sussed you Lipotrim.....maybe though........i dont know!

Maybe shes that girl that was about a few weeks ago that told us we were all stupid because we were doing this diet and she'd failed on her first day or something??? Maybe shes doing research of how we react oooooo interesting, the mind games that can be played on the internet :D
he he he the infamous VICKYUK123 lol good theory xx:D

Back