Upset Tum - Again!

CoCo

Well, yet again my tummy is upset as soon as I start on SlimFast. I don't know what's in it that sets me off, but I spent a very uncomfortable day yesterday with my tum gurgling , cramps, and windy, which I know the wind bit is the fibre, then again I had diarrhoea.:sick0019:

So after 3 attempts at SF and Tesco Ultra Slim and having the same tummy problems every time, I think it's obvious thst something doesn't agree with me, so no more SF or Ultra Slim for me.:(

Sorry to hear that CoCo. I am sure you'll find a diet to suit you.

What's the doctor said. It may be worth being tested to see what is upsetting your tummy??

Well, my doctor said as it only happens on SF or UltraSlim, then something in that is upsetting my tummy.
I felt a bit stupid to be honest:D

coco, i get it aswell. i suffer from ibs (or so the doc told me) if i'm in it for a week or even a bit less i start. didn't know if it was the fibre in it, cause if i eat too muich of it i end up with cramps. don't go to the loo though so it bungs me up also :-( cambridge seemd ok for me if you wanna give that a go.

CoCo is there any chance you are milk intolerant? It may be the lactose in the milk. If you have milk regularly and don't have the same problems then its unlikely to be that but it was just a thought.

Sometimes a pure change in diet can cause these problems and they would potentially settle down after a few days but if you are suffering that obviously isn't an option.

Hope you do find a suitable diet
BL x

Oh, that's rotten luck! Sounds like there's something in it that doesn't suit you. Have they checked you for IBS? What sort of food do you have for the main meal? Could it be too much veg or fruit? I'm grasping at straws here I know but it will be such a shame to lose you.

I eat quite a lot of fruit and veg, so I don't think it's that. I am okay with milk, but if I have lots, like in summer I love milkshakes and can have 6 or more a day(Nesquik ones, not SF:D) and I sometimes get a bit of an upset tum then, but usually am okay.
I will have to just cut back on what I eat, and eat sensibly.
Got some carb questions so off to have a look for the right place to post it, so I will still be around, just not on the Slimfast board.

Last edited:
Back