Upset, worried, bleugh!

carla

Hi all,

Haven't been around in a while because my keyboard stopped working properly so had to lurk instead of post.

I had my baby (Isla) last October, and on Monday I have to go back to work. :cry: I am so upset - I hate the thought of leaving Isla in nursery. She has her first "settling in" session this afternoon and I am dreading it. I am only back at work for seven weeks, but it feels like it will be forever. I am also really worried about how I am going to schedule in my packs. I don't want to be whizzing shakes up in the staffroom as it will draw attention, but I really don't like the bars. Any tips on how to deal with this?

Thanks all.

I was worried about how to deal with the packs at work thing too, but found that people here were really supportive and interested, especially when they could see the difference in me. Although I really don't want the attention either, it's only for a couple of days then people will be used to you having your shakes while they have their sandwiches.

I can't help you with the other problem as I'm a) male, and b) don't have children! Good luck returning to work though. I'm sure your daughter will be fine and that things will soon become normal again.

Hiya Carla,
sorry to read your upset about having to go back to work.. I can totally understand where you're coming from tho... driving to work on that first day with tears streaming down my face coz I didnt want to have to leave Jess, ( she was 16 on Monday!) , and I didnt like work anyway lol

Least you know its only for a short while, how come you only have to go back for 7 weeks? How did Isla get on at the nursery this afternnoon?

Glad you managed to sort your keyboard out and can join in again :p

oops me again,
meant to say, how about having a shake before you leave and taking a bar to have at lunchtime, then you wont have to worry about mixing shakes for now :p

What about the soups??? They make up easier and look just like cup a soup.

Poor you - I'm sure Isla will be fine, but I can imagine how you feel.

Oh Carla I can understand why you're feeling this way, it must be awful to leave her. The one consolation is that she'll have a lovely time at the nursery - plus it is only for 7 weeks.

Re your lunch at work - I have a soup every day and nobody has ever noticed that it's not a normal cup-a-soup so you could try that.

Cath

I guess you work in a school! Me too!
You will feel awful leaving your daughter initially, but think of those school holidays you will have together. It is a brilliant job for a mother.
I agree with Katie Oxo, I use a soup at lunchtime, which doesn't need whisking and no one has noticed it isn't the same as theirs. Otherwise I don't have anything at lunchtime and have one as soon as I get home (or in the car if it is a bar!)
It is easier than you think to fool people, they are not really that interested!!

Back