Urine analysis strips

petal91

Does anyone use keytone strips to check they are staying on track/if what they are eating is as low carb as pos/ are continuing in ketosis??
If yes, when and how often do you use them?
Any advice would be greatful
X

I don't think I've ever heard anyone mention using them. Because the Dukan diet involves a very light ketosis (because of the oatbran and higher carb content than VCLDs or Atkins), they'd possibly not show a viable colour anyway (or so I read somewhere at some time).

Save your money for a nice piece of steak :D

Weirdly so I was reading about this last night as i was looking up how quickly we go out of ketosis if we eat carbs. Anyway, the answers i found included someone using these strips and an answer to hers was that the strips are not accurate as they only measure the ketones in our bodies not actually that our bodies are still in ketosis. that it takes a few hours to show anyway.

I found that it says that if you have an average of 30g carbs and 150g protein your body will stay in ketosis, I don't know how much we eat in carbs but am sure we are under this.

I bought a box from the chemist cost £6 and the indicator never showed I was in ketosis but I was loosing weekly, My advice is keep your money the scales tell you what you need to know xxx

I had some left over so thought i'd try them as they always showed me to be in ketosis before and they always come back negative since being on Dukan, but i am definitely losing weight

Back