Using fry light

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by mishmai, 25 May 2010 Social URL.

1. mishmai

mishmai Member

Hey everyone was just wondering if anyone has ever used the frylight olive oil as a dressing on salads just like you would use ordinary olive oil?

I love salsa and i usually make my own but i use a lot of syns using olive oil so I wonder if the frylight version would be nice when used raw (not frying etc) and give me syn free salsa

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. MadameLaMinx

MadameLaMinx Gold Member

Well of course you could use that but are you aware that Frylight also do a range of spray salad dressings? They do a Caesar one which I havent tried, but was informed is quite nice, (I am not really a big parmesan fan so wouldnt bother with that one) and also a Balsamic one which I can say having used it a lot is tasty and makes salad a bit more interesting.

4. louisedan

louisedan Gold Member

Diet:
    slimming world
    to be honest,i'm not sure. It could be gloopy but then the slad stuff is fine.Try it on something small and inexpensive like a alettuce leaf first.

5. Loopeylou

Loopeylou Gold Member

Start Weight:
    18st12lb
    Current Weight:
    18st5.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6.5lb(2.46%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Never tried this and not sure tbh.....it's white when you spray before heating :eek:
    I have EL Salad Cream mixed with Fat Free Fromage Frais and its really lovely
    xx

6. mishmai

mishmai Member

yeah i have used the others but have only used the olive oil one in frying and roasting suppose I may as well just try it raw and hope for the best lol

7. mishmai

mishmai Member

exactly loopeylou its the appearance that puts me off using it as dressing don't think the white spray will look too appealing

8. moomintrolljen

moomintrolljen Will be thin god dammit!!

Start Weight:
    18st3lb
    Current Weight:
    18st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    I licked some off my finger once when it was raw and it wasnt too pleasant tbh.....defo try the saladlight though its lovely x

9. mum of 2

mum of 2 Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Diet:
    slimming world
    I was wondering too as I could just eat and eat pasta with olive oil on. When i bought fry light the other day I wondered if I could spray it on pasta instead of using normal olive oil.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.