Using SW for portion control while following a restricted diet

MSGirlie

Due to a medical condition I am following a restricted diet, which involves plenty of wholefoods, fruit, veg, nuts/seeds, but I don't eat
meat
dairy (any animal)
oil (nothing fried, instead I go for steamed/baked/grilled), or nothing with oil listed in ingredients
Coconut
Egg yolk

I have been doing this for a couple of months, and I am getting on well with cutting out stuff.

However, over the last week or so, I've noticed that my carb portions have steadily increased.

I've got to grips with what I can't have at all, so now I want to work on my portions. I am thinking of following SW again, I had good results before, but am I mad to consider it?

I just think if I am using my Hex B properly, and sticking to 1/3 speed foods, I'll not turn into a total carb fiend

I think if you want to then theres no reason why not, however you are already on a resticted diet and it might not be beneficial to add more restrictions into that.

Good Luck in your journey x:bighug:

Thanks gempty

That's what is putting me off a bit. However, the way I am milling through carbs instead of veg/fruit can't go on either! I am doing my grocery shop tonight, so I'll give it a go from the morning.

You should have a look at the SP plans and meal ideas as that is essentially low carb.. I have used this to start having courgetti instead of spagetti and roast Butternut squash instead of potato, mashed carrots and swede etc...

Courgetti is definitely my new favourite food though.

Back