1 medium onion, finely chopped
Frylight
1 garlic clove, crushed
227g/8oz mushrooms, finely chopped
113g/4oz
very low fat natural cottage cheese
salt and freshly groud pepper
------------------

1. Fry onion in fry light, add garlic and cook until soft and just beginning to brown.

2. Increase the heat, add mushrooms and cook for 6-7 mins. Remove the pan from heat and leave to cool a little.

3. Put the cottage cheese, the mushroom mixture and seasoning into a blender or food processor and blend until smooth. Chill in the refridgerator before serving.

Very nice and doesn't taste like it's syn free. :heartpump: :bananalove:

Hi, there is this pate recipe too:

8oz chicken livers
1 onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, crushed
1/2 tsp mixed herbs
salt & black pepper
4oz cooked bacon, chopped
tub of very low fat fromage frais

Put onion, garlic, & herbs in pan and fry in Fry Light until the onion is soft, add liver and cook for about 7 mins. Put everything in a blender and blend until smooth. Add fromage frais a spoonful at a time until the consistency is the same as shop bought pate.

We're broke plus it's OHs mum's birthday so nothing special this year.

In fact we've given each other a challenge this year to not spend more than £2 on each other. I've found a card for £1.99 but not sure what to do about the other 1p.

last year I made my fiance a meal for a treat and cut everything into heart shapes, we had mini BLT's and heart shaped saute potatoes (cooked like syn free chips but cut heart shaped!) then slimming world choc chip cookes, in heart shapes! it looked fab.god knows about this year, nothing planned yet

We dont have anything planned this year yet either...suppose that we could either have steak (again), or opt for a curry from our local Indian (I just have the curry and avoid the rice)....not very romantic this year! Lol
I think I have gone passed the whole Valentines Day celebrating...I always tell my Hubby I love him, so its no exception really! I have got him a card though ;)

thanks for the pate recipes, unfortunately my OH doesn't eat pate.

i'm now thinking about crab cakes to start with with a sweet chilli sauce.

still dont know what to put with the salmon as the main course though :(. xx

Going for grilled venison - soooo tasty and good for you too - bonus!!!

snap!! we are having venison steaks too, so lean and really tasty! o/h is cooking it, so will make sure he does it the sw way! Will have this with steamed veggies..mm

No idea what to have for dessert? maybe ill offer to make this. any tips? i dont mind if it's a bit syn heavy ;-)

my man is cooking for me !!:)
so going to let him, and well may have to have night of depending on what he cooks haha,
Ditto!!
Also, works night out on Friday though, so dreading monday weigh in :break_diet:

But I aint gonna dictate to my bloke what he can and can't cook me when he is going to the trouble of making the effort.

I will just go with the flow for one day.....x

My OH is making me a 3 course SW meal. I think we're having a sweet potato soup (free), some salmon and veg (free) and the carrot cake from the new SW mag, but with plain, sweetened quark frosting as the OH doesn't like pineapple.
Can't wait :D

i'm now going to go with

starter

crab and coconut cakes with the couscous and a sweet chilli sauce and also a mayo one

main course

thai spiced salmon filo pastry with either mushroom and pepper rice or sweet potatoes?????

dessert

pancakes and white chocolate cream with summer fruits

so its just what to serve the main course with i haven't decided on. xx

we have a voucher for local toby carvery (arnt i romantic) so we are going for a carvery lunch and i will have a lovely dessert as a treat

We are going to Tobys too haha :) its nice food and not too expensive it was my choice anyways,, that vouchers only Valid Monday - Sat tho isnt it?

We're going to a mongolian BBQ buffet place, doesn't sound romantic but we never eat out as a couple so it will be a treat for us. You make your own main meals so you can see everything that goes in - should make it a bit easier to syn it :D

Hope everyone has a good V Day when it comes :) I wish I was going on a girlies night out, sounds like much more fun than soppy V day romancing!.....

We're going to a mongolian BBQ buffet place, doesn't sound romantic but we never eat out as a couple so it will be a treat for us. You make your own main meals so you can see everything that goes in - should make it a bit easier to syn it :D

Hope everyone has a good V Day when it comes :) I wish I was going on a girlies night out, sounds like much more fun than soppy V day romancing!.....

Trust me that sounds the best, i take it its Khublai Khan down in Leith that your going to.... mmmmmmm, thats the best restaurant, you've got my mouth watering!!!!!. xx

Yeah stephie we're going to the one down Leith, it's amazing there :) was there for work's xmas lunch and loved it. I'm quite looking forward to it :D

Hiya All,

Its our first valentines day as married couple, so not going to worry about what we eat! I know were going out for dinner and a glass of bubbly is a must!

xoxoxo

I'm getting chinese tomorrow night, boiled rice with vegetable black bean :drool:

I'm making a cake with the children tomorrow and i'm definitely having a slice with a big mug of tea, haven't a clue what the syn value will be but i'm not bothered, Valentines day is once a year :)

Back