Extra Easy Valentine Dinner

gonabslim79

any body got any plans to treat their loved ones this sat? :bananalove:

Starter....Unsure

Mains... Steak with the mustard sauce in the new mag with SW chips peas and a tomatoe.

Dersert .. choc & strawberry desert in the new mag too!!

hmmm cant wait!!:eating:

I am planning on the same - almost. Steak and sw chips for main, either the same pud as you or lemon meringue. He doesn't like dessert much, prefers cheese & biscuits so I will decide on my pudding nearer the time. I am not sure on starter either - maybe prawns or a nice homemade soup with a crusty roll (synned of course ;))

Charls x

my man is cooking for me !!:)
so going to let him, and well may have to have night of depending on what he cooks haha,

7/1/09 start date
14/1/09 -4lb
21/1/09 -2lb
28/1/09 -3lb
4/2/09 STS
11/2/09
18/2/09
25/2/09
4/3/09

Just wish my Hubby was back from India on Valentines Day!!!
He will be on the flight home though, so my Valentines day is officially Sunday instead!!! Lol

I'll be on hols in Tenerife so it will be whatever the restaurant in the hotel puts on!!! Bet it won't be syn free.....

aww valentines day is sad :( my guy is down in devon at the mo and cant come up as he's planning an exhibition...so it might be a night off for me due to being sad!!! haha:(
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

aww we'r goin to chinese for a meal with friends so think i'l hav to order somethin low like beef in black bean with boiled rice (5syns how good is that??) or chicken friend rice (9syns i think??) i love SW!!lol xx

we have a voucher for local toby carvery (arnt i romantic) so we are going for a carvery lunch and i will have a lovely dessert as a treat

I'll be saving my syns for the eve - going to paint the town red with my other single girlies! :D

[FONT=&quot]I'm planning garlic prawns for a started, possibly rack of lamb (lean) with steamed veg for main (and keeping it small, like a disappointing restaurant! LOL) and then a cheese cake made with quark for dessert. The fact that we so rarely have more than one course for a meal will make it a treat (I hope).

[/FONT]

mine's feta cheese salad with roasted cherry tomatoes, steak and syn free chips with peas and carrots and eton mess for desert (syn=ice cream and meringue) Can't wait, proper treat as don't normally have 3 courses- especially not when desert=no guilt!

It's my bday then and I get fed up having to pay extra just because it's valentines so not sure what oh has planned, hinted to kids that I would love a fruit basket instead of chocolates.

not doing anything! husband isnt really into it and plus all the kids will be around so it wont be very romantic! i might just cook myself a nice dinner! :D

Not sure what im doing hubby did mention about goin out! i have only had 10 syns from monday and weigh in again on monday @ 11.30! if i spend the rest of my 60 syns on sat night do you think it will show on monday:? thanks x

I'm going to make steak, sw chips and peas. I may make a sauce for OH. Not sure what to have for pudding or starter....

just looking for meal ideas for this valentines and came across this thread from last year. I'm cooking the meal this year and was thinking of

Starter
Sweet potato and coconut soup

main
The Thai spiced salmon filo pastry

dessert
either cheesecake or pancakes with summer fruits and the total mixed with white chocolate options.

Can anybody else think of what else i could maybe have as a starter instead, i really fancy the soup, but the last time i made soup, i put it in the blender, but obviously put too much in it and it exploded all over the kitchen and i burnt all myself :(, i'm just scared, but i might be brave and try it.

Also what could i have with the salmon, bearing in mind, he doesn't like carrots, onions, caulfilower, green beans, brocolli haha.

xx

There is a really nice 3 course meal on-line - here is the dessert as a sneak preview....

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Chocolate & apricot souffles[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-2]
transp.gif
[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-2]
transp.gif
[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]INGREDIENTS[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-2]
transp.gif
[/SIZE][/FONT]
1oz/28g cocoa powder
14fl oz/397ml skimmed milk
3 eggs
1 tsp vanilla essence
4 tbsp artificial sweetener
1 sachet gelatine
3½oz/100g canned apricots in juice

transp.gif
transp.gif
transp.gif
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
swm2971.jpg
[/FONT]
transp.gif
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-2]
transp.gif
[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]INSTRUCTIONS[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-2]
transp.gif
[/SIZE][/FONT]
1. Line 4 ramekins with greaseproof paper, leaving a collar 2in/5cm above the rim. Secure with rubber bands.
2. Sift the cocoa powder and place with the milk in a pan. Bring to the boil, whisking frequently, then reduce the heat to low.
3. Separate the eggs and beat together the yolks, vanilla essence and sweetener until fluffy. Pour over the milk mixture, whisk until thickened then remove from the heat.
4. Place the gelatine in a bowl with 3 tbsp water. Leave until absorbed. Place the bowl over a pan of simmering water and heat until the gelatine dissolves. Retain an apricot for garnish and drain and chop the rest. Stir into the milk mixture with the gelatine and leave until it begins to set.
5. Whisk the egg whites until stiff and carefully fold into the milk mixture with a metal spoon. Divide the mixture between the ramekins, level the tops and chill until set. To serve, remove the collars and slice the remaining apricot for garnish.

transp.gif
transp.gif
transp.gif
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]INFORMATION[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-2]
transp.gif
[/SIZE][/FONT]Unless stated, for Extra Easy count the lower Syn value.
3 Syns on Green choice
3 Syns on Original choice
3 Syns on Extra Easy
Serves 4

transp.gif
transp.gif
[/SIZE][/FONT]​
transp.gif
[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]TIPS[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-2]
transp.gif
[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-2]Try adding a dash of rum (2½ Syns per 25ml) to the chocolate mixture for a tasty alternative.

This recipe is not suitable for home freezing.
[/SIZE][/FONT]​

Back