Valentines!!

OneDeterminedChick

Oh my gosh, im back AGAIN
Sorry guys, I know we're only just into January but i've been thinking about Valentines Day and would like to prepare a lovely 3 course meal for my lovely hubby. I feel he's been so good recently and supporting me with WW and eating along with me at home (not so much when he's out but i'll forgive him for that!)

So has anyone any yummy, tasty ideas that don't have too big a dent on the old points for a special meal??:D

For mine and my bf 2 year anniversary on new years day i cooked honey mustard pork chops wich where really good and a hot chocolate pudding which was nice too. Or you could always go for that toad in the hole!!! hehe

Was thinking of the toad in the hole, it did sound delish!
may well have that with the hot choc pud. did u make it urself??

yeah its from a little weightwatcher cook book i got for christmas. its 5 points for each one and i had it with emlea, you kno that lower fat cream. Apparently weightwatcher's do double cream now too. Its realy rich with dark choc so needs some cream so its pretty high in points. There are loads of nice weightwatchers pudding recipes around if there is something in particular you want i could try to find it for you in one of my cookbooks?

I put a recipe in the recipe thread (may have to scan back a bit) with pics.. it's a chicken breast stuffed with garlic roulé cheese and wrapped in spinach. Then you make a spinach/yoghurt sauce (got a blender) which goes bright green, looks awesome. It's very yummy, 5-6 points I think. Goes well with cubed potatoes roasted in frylite and herbs/paprika.

I put a recipe in the recipe thread (may have to scan back a bit) with pics.. it's a chicken breast stuffed with garlic roulé cheese and wrapped in spinach. Then you make a spinach/yoghurt sauce (got a blender) which goes bright green, looks awesome. It's very yummy, 5-6 points I think. Goes well with cubed potatoes roasted in frylite and herbs/paprika.

That sounds delish.... :)

I was about to post the same kind of thread today, haha. I am also being naughty and making the fella some chocolate truffles.. :)

That sounds delish.... :)

I was about to post the same kind of thread today, haha. I am also being naughty and making the fella some chocolate truffles.. :)

I made some chocolate truffles to put in xmas hampers for family but the were a bit gross. The chocolate was too dark and rolling in cocoa power was a mistake :jelous: I think I'll try green & blacks milk next time and instead of rolling them in stuff, dip them in melted chocolate. Om nom nom.

I don't "celebrate" V-day. My anniversary is on the 18th of Feb but I expect something special this year, we haven't done anything for years!

ive made truffles before and i dipped them in melted choc and then nutts or chocolate sprinkles, cocoa powder is nasty!!!! my favourite thing is chocolate covered pretzels, honestly i would kill for some they are divine!!!!!

yeah its from a little weightwatcher cook book i got for christmas. its 5 points for each one and i had it with emlea, you kno that lower fat cream. Apparently weightwatcher's do double cream now too. Its realy rich with dark choc so needs some cream so its pretty high in points. There are loads of nice weightwatchers pudding recipes around if there is something in particular you want i could try to find it for you in one of my cookbooks?

Can you give me the recipe for the hot choc pudd please katie...sounds amazin!!!

Also sounds delish, will be giving that a whirl too!!!

Here is the recipe... the only problem as it was so nice with the cream that me and the bf ate 2 each instead of just one! If i made these again i would use half milk and half dark choc as they where very strong!

hot chocolate puds
Serves 4, 5 points each

Ingrediants:
low fat cooking spray
40g polyunsaturated spread like flora light
75g of dark choc (at least 70%)
1 egg yolk
3 egg whites
40g caster sugar
15g cocoa powder

1.Lightly grease and line the base of 4 150ml pudding basins or ramekins with low fat cooking spray and baking parchment. Preheat oven to 200c or 180c for fan ovens.
2. simmer some water in a pan and then melt the marg and chocolate together in a heatproof bowl over the top (or in micro for 10 sec at a time) Stir until smooth, remove from heat and leave to cool slightly. Beat in the egg yolk.
3. in a clean bowl, whisk the egg whites until the form stiff peaks. whisk in caster sugar a spoonfull at a time.
4. add a spoonfull of egg white into the chocolate mixture and stir quickly to combine. Add half the remaingin egg white and fold in carefully. add the sifted cocoa and remaining egg white, working carefully but quickly until the mixture is fully mixed.
5. spoon into ramekin dishes and bake for 8-10 min or untill the top is raised and firm to the touch. Leave in basins for 2-3 min and the carefully turn out onto a serving dish.
Photo%2B162.jpg

Ooooooo, yum yum yum!!!!!

Thanks Katie, mucho appreciate it. Looks and sounds delish...xx

Have decided i'm going to make bruchetta for starters, will make katies toad in the hole for main and also katies hot choc pud!!! with custard me thinks........yummm, i want it now!!!

x

Have decided i'm going to make bruchetta for starters, will make katies toad in the hole for main and also katies hot choc pud!!! with custard me thinks........yummm, i want it now!!!

x

Glad i could help!!!:D

Back