Vanilla shake

Poepsie

I've just had the strangest experience! I've just had a vanilla shake (cold, nothing added). It was delicious but when I drank the last mouthful, it tasted like battery acid and felt like it was burning my mouth. I had to run and rince my mouth out. My glass was clean and the pack hasn't expired. Any ideas?

Well, I've never tried battery acid.... But I get that with some foods (butter, tomatoes, kiwi, cheap chocolate actually "burns" my mouth and lips). maybe you didn't mix it enough so some of it settled at the bottom? Concentrated vanilla flavour is very unpleasant and very much like you described. Try mixing it more and drinking with a straw to avoid any settling of the shake. :)

That doesnt sound good. Not sure what would have caused that.

Kiika said:
Well, I've never tried battery acid.... But I get that with some foods (butter, tomatoes, kiwi, cheap chocolate actually "burns" my mouth and lips). maybe you didn't mix it enough so some of it settled at the bottom? Concentrated vanilla flavour is very unpleasant and very much like you described. Try mixing it more and drinking with a straw to avoid any settling of the shake. :)

Thanks hun, I am going to email s&s as well. I did mix the shake for over a minute in a blender. I've never experienced this before on LL, CD or S&S.

I sometimes get that when i dont put enough water in? xx

stef2009 said:
I sometimes get that when i dont put enough water in? xx

Oh right, I'll try the next one with more water. I used just over 250 ml for this shake. Think I may avoid the last mouthful in future too. xx

I always make the shakes up with between 500ml and 700ml water. Makes them go further :)

Poepsie said:
Oh right, I'll try the next one with more water. I used just over 250 ml for this shake. Think I may avoid the last mouthful in future too. xx

Always drink the whole shake even if you put a bit of dilute it a bit with more water. I mix the shakes with at least 500mls of water unless making a mush thing but i try and drink 500mls water. Hope the nxt 1 is alot nicer xx

I always have it mush-style and never had that! Are you sure the glass was clean? Sometimes the glasses at work have gross bit of soupy crap in from the dishwasher.

i dont with the shakes, but when i used to eat muller yogharts i had the same reaction

vanilla one of my most regular shakes (after strawberry) and never experienced that before, i use around 300ml water x

Back