Green Day Vegetable chilli (pic included)

Louise24

Gold Member
Just had a lovely dinner so thought I'd share it with you. Like the smash pizza, I use to love this but haven't made it for ages. It's great for lunch at work the next day too.

Veggi Chilli
1 Onion
1 Courgette
1 Yellow pepper
1 Red pepper
3 -4 Mushrooms
1 tin of kidney beans
1 tin of butter beans
1 pack of passata
chilli powder

1) Add sliced / diced onion, peppers, mushrooms, courgette to a pan and cook on high heat for a few minutes, add the chilli powder and continue to cook for about 3 - 4 mins so chilli infuses.
2)Add the passata and cook for about 15 minutes.
3) Add the kidney and butter beans and simmer for about 45 minutes, until the sauce thickens and the veg is soft.
4) Serve with boiled rice / SW chips / jacket potato

You can add whatever you want it to the chilli, it's super dooper lovely!!

Attachments

• veggi chilli.jpg
    veggi chilli.jpg
    490.3 KB · Views: 615
That looks yummy! I have all the bits i need to have a go at that tomorrow night thanks x

Seeing as though it's JUST vegetables it's blooming lovely. Also - forgot to add, syn free. Hope you enjoy it. x

Looks/sounds lovely!! I really need cooking for dummies type instructions though ... the only chilli powder I can find here is "hot" - to have a medium hotness, how much would you add? Also, the passata, how much is the quantity of that?

I'm looking forward to having this mid-week and as no-one else in my house is likely to enjoy it, it means I'll have plenty for another meal. I love leftovers :rotflmao:

Hi Ozzie - I used a standard sized carton of passata which is...*goes to look*... 500g. Or you can always use a tin of chopped tomatoes instead?

As for chilli powder - I'd say about a teaspoon? x

Hi Ozzie - I used a standard sized carton of passata which is...*goes to look*... 500g. Or you can always use a tin of chopped tomatoes instead?

As for chilli powder - I'd say about a teaspoon? x

Thanks Louise :) I'll be giving this a go as soon as my stomach recovers from an overenthusiastic shovel of curry powder :rotflmao:

Back