vegetarian wanting meat! + eating on hols

Good luck with your decision Sarah.. I had a difficult decision to make recently - important work related dinner I had to attend... so I know it's a really hard decision to make..

if what you're wanting to do is rebel, break rules, let go a little and let go of your diet, then make that choice.. because altimately it is your choice.. I think that's the bottom line with CD.. that ultimately,

I'm doing this the SS way because I want to, not because I have to,

and if I want to do something else, then that's my choice as well.. I guess the main difference is that all the time I'm not looking after myself, I'm not really doing what I would like to do...

I chose to eat at the dinner.. I sepnt a week agonising about whether to or not, concluded that it was actually what I most wanted to do, and then I did it. My choice. I'm back on SS, I'm not going to have the result I would like this week, but I choose that consciously, and I think that matters most.

Good luck with what you want most :)

Vx

After thinking it through, I have the following options;
· Pig out; put on weight, come out of ketosis, continue to binge at home, and struggle to get back with it
· Eat sensibly; possible, but body used to low calories- probably put weight on and come out of ketosis + too much temptation in restaurant?
· Version of Atkins, just protein meals + bar. Good- keep in ketosis. But can stop at protein when in restaurant surrounded by all food? + will meat make ill?
· SS+;. Bar for breakfast, tetra lunch, dinner- go restaurant, just fish or chicken. Then another bar.
· SS+; bar for breakfast, tetra lunch, tin tuna + bar dinner. No need for restaurant so I’m not tempted + have extra time to chill in the morning and evening.
· SS; bar, tetra, bar. Worried struggle to keep to as would feel missing out.

so the ss+ tuna option it is then, sorted :D .

Wow! That's the result of a thorough thinking session! :D What a star!

..and it sounds like you've chosen the one which will actually cause you to have the most time to chill out AND feel great about the holiday when you get back too!

Congratualtions! Not an easy decision... have you got those options written down on something that you're going to have with you? (you could even save them in the drafts of your mobile phone or somewhere so they don't take up any space) ... it might be helpful to look at them while you're there..

If you're anything like me.. what i really want, and what I do on impulse just aren't always the same thing.. so, for me, if I'm about to do something on impulse, having a quick think about what I actualy want gives me a whole extra set of choices, and I feel much better! :) .. but then, realistically, when I'm in the impulse kind of mood, I find it hard to take a moment to stop and think "what do I Actually Want?" ... That's why I'm particularly impressed with your choice - cause you're even factored in the Oops factor of being so close to food that it might accidently fall into your mouth!! :D

You're fab! Have a great holiday, and enjoy doing what YOU most WANT to do!! :D

Vxxx

Hi sarah. I have been veggie for 20 years and a couple of weeks ago I ate chicken....:eek: I have been wanting to try it for a couple of years but the mental barrier stopped me. I just bit the bullet and firstly chewed on a chicken nugget (whilst borking) then spat it out. Then I had a bit of cooked chicken. I haven't touched it since then, it tasted awful. I thought it would taste like quorn and it doesn't. Next time it may have to be in a sauce.
Good luck with your decision.
Just for info my CDC says any of the meat soups are not suitable for veggies.

V, :thankyou:, it was your 'can't you just do cd' that made me think why am I even considering a change! I suddenly feel empowered :) I am taking my 'this is my last diet' book, with me, I write down my cravings and work out why I'm having them, and have quotes and tips and invaluable info off of guys like you, so I shall add to that before I go :D.

Thanks to everyone else too, I value all comments on both converting and my hols :) xx

Back