Vegetarian

and

Silver Member
So 6 months after losing a stone and a bit I've put a stone back on and decided I want to diet again...

I liked S&S better than exante and LT and was about to order some products.
However I see they suggest vegetarians don't do the 3 a day!

How long have they been saying this. Before they said cottage cheese, egg and tofu was ok as a protein meal.

Anyone got a list of what's ok and what's not? The website is a little vague.

I am a strict vegetarian and did a mixture of S and S and CD successfully so I personally wouldn't worry too much about it

I think it is because meat contains more protein and there is a concern you won't get enough and will start to burn lean muscle instead of fat. You could try a mix of 3 and 4 a day?

I wasn't aware they suggested to do just the 4 packs a day option. There are lots of high protein veggie foods, the problem is the carb count in many of them. That said, there are lower carb Quorn/meat substitute type products, and I find it difficult to believe, in the huge range of products available, there aren't a couple of options that could potentially fit the nutritional bill.

I sometimes wonder if it is more that they don't know/haven't investigated it, as the majority of people are meat eaters. Just a theory, might have no basis.

Although, I've seen loads of threads from vegetarians on this community, and lots of questions around this.

Back