Veggie diary

Romney981

Hil all,

this is my first post. I've been doing SW since New Year's Eve and have steadily lost 1lb a week. At first I wasn't happy with this as other members at the group I go to seem to lose much more, but I am definately not hungry ever, am trying lots of new and lovely dishes and the only thing I am missing out on is the habit of 2 glasses of wine a night, which isn't a bad thing I suppose. Not really missing it.

I started at 12 st 3lb and am now 11st 12lb. My goal for now is 11st and then I'll have a rethink.

I am doing green days every day and so here is the first one.

Breakfast
Left over homemade frittata (HEXA for cheese)
Beans

Lunch
same as breakfast

Dinner
Lentil shepherds pie

Snacks
Hi Fi peanut bar
satsuma
banana
2 glasses red wine (16 syns)

Oh, I just noticed I'd said I didn't miss the wine and then I used all my syns, and an extra 1, on.....wine.

I'd love to hear from anyone of course but especially other vegetarians so I can see what they are eating.

As I've said this is my first post on here, in fact anywhere, so let me know if I am doing anything not quite right.

Thanks.

Hi! Well done on your steady loss so far - you've done much better than I did to start with. I was losing one week then gaining the next for the first month or so! I've managed to even it out now and just got my 1 stone award on Wednesday.

I don't eat meat either so only do Green days. Not sure how inspirational my meal are though as I'm not much of a cook! I do try though.... There's a link to my diary in my signature.

I love a glass of wine too but have cut it down to just one night a week (unless I'm going out of course!) and I'm not really missing it. I thought the big thing for me would be cutting out crisps but I genuinely haven't missed them either. I think I've only had a couple of packets since I started SW in November. The good thing about this plan is that you're never hungry so there's no temptation to just give up and have a massive binge.

Good luck with the plan and I look forward to reading more of your posts.

Hi, thanks for replying.

I have been hovering around looking at other peoples diaries for a while (sounds a bit creepy) and have come across yours. It's so nice to see what other vegetarians eat. Sometimes I eat the weirdest meals, which seem okay to me but perhaps a little strange to other people. Before SW my favourite snack was a salt n vinegar and baked bean sandwich. Not had one now since last year!

Hi all,

Yesterdays's food looks dead boring but I enjoyed it all.

Breakfast
Quorn bacon
Fried potatoes
beans

Lunch
Leftover lentil pie with 30g Kerry Low Low cheese (HexA 1/2 now and 1/2 for dinner)

Dinner
Same as lunch, with beans

Peanat Hifi bar as HexB

Syns
100ml Martini Extra Dry with diet lemonade - 5 syns

Saw this on this site somewhere as an alternative to wine. OK I suppose for the syns but sooner have had a glass chilled Chardonnay. Never mind!

I've cooked a big batch of Quorn mince to do wonderful things with including a veggie chilli, a Creole Beef Pot (which will now be a Creole Quorn Pot I suppose) and good old Bolognese. I got the idea from this month's SW magazine, One Dish Four Dinners article. They used mince beef but obviously I wouldn't. Gonna freeze lots of it so there's always something in the freezer to either take to work or to have in the evenings.

Well spent time yesterday cooking big batch of Quorn dishes, chilli, bolognese and this Creole Beef thing that I had some of for dinner, very nice.

Breakfast
2 LM red onion sausages
Quorn bacon
beans
mushrooms tomatoes
egg

Lunch
Quorn sausage - 1 syn
2 nimbles bread - HEXB

Dinner
Quorn Creole thing using HEXA cheese

Snacks
2 finger kit kat - 5 1/2
bottle of cider - guessing around 12
laughing cow cheese triangle - 1.5

TOTAL SYNS

Oh dear i thought I had done well all day and then sat down to watch creepy film (Nightwatch) and blew it a bit with the cider and the kit kat.

Never mind.

Oh dear i thought I had done well all day and then sat down to watch creepy film (Nightwatch) and blew it a bit with the cider and the kit kat.

Never mind.

Don't worry about it too much, these things happen, the main thing is that you enjoyed it! Best thing to do now is just get straight back on plan.

Well done for getting stuck in in the kitchen and batch cooking all these meals. That should keep you well on track.

Hi, I do green days from time to time. I'm not a veggie, but I do like having extra a & b choices.
Your meals look good, but can you fill up on more super free ? If you're not hungry, then you might be able to cut your syns down. xx

Hi littlemiss slim, good point about the superfree foods. Strange, but I thought I did eat lots of superfree but can see from my diary that I haven't! Usually when I'm at work I pile up my desk with LOADS of fruit and munch through it all day. I don't know why, but I don't eat any fruit when I am at home. I will try to eat more, thanks.

Hi littlemiss slim, good point about the superfree foods. Strange, but I thought I did eat lots of superfree but can see from my diary that I haven't! Usually when I'm at work I pile up my desk with LOADS of fruit and munch through it all day. I don't know why, but I don't eat any fruit when I am at home. I will try to eat more, thanks.

When I look at my diary I am exactly the same! I eat about 4 portions of fruit daily Monday to Friday and then none at the weekend! I still have plenty of veg though so still getting my superfree.

Diary for yesterday

Breakfast
Potatoes fried in spray oil
Veggie bacon
1 quorn sausage - 1.0 syn
BBQ beans - not sure if these are synful or free ?

Lunch
Superfree spring veg soup
Onions
Garlic
Chilli
Green beans
Yellow pepper
carrot
new potatoes
tin tomatoes

Dinner
Quorn chilli (Quorn, onions, chilli, tomatoes, mixed beans in chilli sauce)
Golden rice
instead of soured cream - 60g Kerry Low Low with red pepper chilli - hexa

Snacks
Hi fi bar - hexb
100ml Martini and soda - 5.0 syns

TOTAL SYNS 5.0

Feel good about the food and also went for hour walk in the rain around nature reserve! Weigh in tonight, keeping my fingers crossed!

The bbq beans are free on EE and Green :)

Well done for getting in the bit of Body Magic. You're braver than me for going out for a walk in the rain!

Good luck for WI tonight, fingers crossed for you :fingerscrossed:

12 Feb 2013

Lost another 1lb at weigh in last night. Logically I'm happy with this as I am eating a lot, not hungry ever and it doesn't feel like a diet but come on just a lb every week!

Yesterday's diary

Breakfast
2 nimbles (hexb)
veggie bacon
tomatoes

Lunch
Superfree veg soup as yesterday

Dinner
Quorn Creole Pot with beans inc cheese (hexa)

Snacks
banana
pear
Hi Fi Bar (hexb)
Options Hot Choc (2.5 syns)
Curly Wurly (6 syns)

Total syns 8.5

No alcohol. Good girl.

And, it's somebody's birthday at work today. Usually that means cake, cake and more cake. But guess what she has brought in? Apples, Satsumas, Grapes, hummus and carrot sticks! Wow! And some Camembert and oatcakes but I'll give those a miss.

Well done with your loss. I'd be over the moon to lose "just" 1lb a week! Especially as you are so close to your target.

I'm not a veggie, but I do follow the Green plan the majority of the time, only eating meat once or twice a week. So I just thought I'd follow your diary for some new Green day ideas :)

Hope you have a great week xx

13 Feb 2013

Hi to both Princess Stevie and also baytreetrunk89 a few days ago. I forgot to say hi.

By the way I meant to say at the start I always allow one hexa for milk in tea and coffee. Not going to write it down every day....

Yesterday's diary

Breakfast
Bacon and tomato sandwich (hexb for two little bread slices)

Lunch
Golden rice
Quorn chilli
60g Kerry Low Lot red pepper and chilli soft cheese (hexa)

Dinner
Lentil shephers pie and beans

Snacks
hummous (hexb) and carrot sticks
satsuma
apple
grapes
Options (2.5 syns)
Dark Kit Kat (5.5 syns)

Total syns: 8

No alcohol again and I got up early and did 25 mins on the running machine. Wot an angel eh?

Oh and also whenever I say things like "bacon sandwich" it's veggie bacon. Been at this vegetarian thing for so long I forget to mention that!

I think the veggie bacon might have syns, I know the fresh stuff from the fridge is a lot lot less than the frozen quorn bacon though (and not as nice unsurprisingly!). Looks good aside from that though, well done on your losses so far :) I do all green days too being a veggie and I think I'd miss those 2 hexB's if I did EE and why bother when we don't want unlimited meat!?

Back