Veggie Low Carb Food?!?

Kath

Water water everywhere
Hellooooooooooo

Can anyone help me please?

I'm going on holiday for a week and going to eat, have told my LLC and she told me to start off with 4oz of cottage cheese a night this week in place of a pack, and then after a couple of days add a cup of green leaf salad. Been doing that fine and lost weight no worries.

Now I'm thinking of my holiday in a couple of days (Austria) and would ideally like to choose as low carb foods as possible.

Is there anyone out there than can offer me some advice on wise menu choices please? :confused:

Kath :)

Green and white vegies are the lowest carbs, Stick to salads, fresh veggies, white meat and fish if you can x

Green and white vegies are the lowest carbs, Stick to salads, fresh veggies, white meat and fish if you can x

Thank you :)

Are beetroot and tuna very heavy on the carbs do you know?

Any idea on how many grams of carbs would be considered low? I've got no idea on carbs, I'm a carbaholic!

wow, who'd have guessed, beet is very high in carbs.

Nutrition Facts and Analysis for Beets, canned, regular pack, solids and liquids

have a search around on this site, sometimes it won't search for an exact word, so you must pick the food group and then scroll thru to find what your looking for,

I'm guessing Tuna is high protein, gonna go check myself using this link,

cheers Caz

Oh wow! Who would have thought Beetroot was a no go :eek: Ok so no beetroot but I'm ok with the tuna :) That's a fab website btw thanks :)

There are always some exceptions but a basic rule is if it grows underground then it will probably be higher in carbs. Also be careful with veg that are fruit, some are ludicrously high like avocados.
Meat, fish, shellfish, and dairy products have little or no carb content.

Back