Veggie Low Carb Food?!?

Discussion in 'Very Low Calorie Diets' started by Kath, 23 December 2006 Social URL.

1. Kath

Kath Water water everywhere

Cambridge Diet

Can anyone help me please?

I'm going on holiday for a week and going to eat, have told my LLC and she told me to start off with 4oz of cottage cheese a night this week in place of a pack, and then after a couple of days add a cup of green leaf salad. Been doing that fine and lost weight no worries.

Now I'm thinking of my holiday in a couple of days (Austria) and would ideally like to choose as low carb foods as possible.

Is there anyone out there than can offer me some advice on wise menu choices please? :confused:

Kath :)
  2. Avatar Matched Content

3. canireallydothis!!

canireallydothis!! Gold Member

Green and white vegies are the lowest carbs, Stick to salads, fresh veggies, white meat and fish if you can x
  4. Kath

Cambridge Diet
    Thank you :)

Are beetroot and tuna very heavy on the carbs do you know?

Any idea on how many grams of carbs would be considered low? I've got no idea on carbs, I'm a carbaholic!
  5. cazmaz_irl

cazmaz_irl Banned

Cambridge SS
    Kath likes this.
  6. Kath

Cambridge Diet
    Oh wow! Who would have thought Beetroot was a no go :eek: Ok so no beetroot but I'm ok with the tuna :) That's a fab website btw thanks :)
  7. clairejen

clairejen Lurker

There are always some exceptions but a basic rule is if it grows underground then it will probably be higher in carbs. Also be careful with veg that are fruit, some are ludicrously high like avocados.
    Meat, fish, shellfish, and dairy products have little or no carb content.
    cazmaz_irl likes this.
Popular Forums
  1. is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.