Very confused - Quick question?

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by mhairi-lou, 28 March 2008 Social URL.

1. mhairi-lou

mhairi-lou Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st0lb
    Current Weight:
    14st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st13lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    I am confused, exactly how much water are you meant to drink when you are on SS? The book says 4 pints but I have read a lot of people saying you should drink 4 litres? Help!!!!!

Also I have heard that drinking too much water is bad for you, at what point does it become too much water?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Ruthlet

Ruthlet Wants to be a loser!

Diet:
    CD
    Hello M'dear,

Cambridge state that you should drink a minimum of 4 pints of fluids a day which is equivalent to 2.25 litres.

Many people advocate drinking more than the minimum recommended amount as they find it is beneficial to their weight loss - see Icemooses thread above on the forum sticky threads list. I personally drink between 3-4 litres of water/herbal teas a day.

If you drink too much water over a short period of time this can be dangerous to your health - the amount of water you can drink safely differs from person to person and is dependent on a variety of factors including height, weight and level of exercise etc - google brings up some informative articles on the subject. I find that my max limit on a normal day with no major excercise is about 5.5-6 litres (I am 5ft 7 and c 10st 9lb) but everyones optimum and maximum water intake will vary.

If you stick to Cambridge's 4 pints minimum that is a good place to start and you can increase your intake from there if you wish.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.