Very serious question time!

Flopster

Got a life thank you!
What do you think is happening to me and why?

As you all know I am "suffering" from a slow weight loss BUT I have gone from a size 22/24 to a size 16 trousers (I have been loaned two pairs of trousers from Next that both fit)

So why isn't the weight coming off, I know that I should be measuring results in clothes sizes BUT why isn't the weight coming off?

I want to change my bl**dy ticker already?!?

I had this last week,I lost nothing but lost inches, I dont know why this happens and I know exactly how you are feeling as my ticker hasnt moved for 2 weeks! But im shrinking I think someone said what you lose in fat you gain in water until your body gets used to the loss ? Maybe thats right who knows!!! If you have gone down that many dress sizes then you should be very happy! :)

hi Flopster 5stone2lose is right, you could be retaining water and therefore you will be losing inches but wont show on the scales, i have tried not to get too dependent on the scales as overall it's the inches coming off that matters most, try not and get to hung up about it, going from size 22/24 to a size 14 is fantastic!! just tell yourself the scales arn't everything
you've come this far and you can go further! good luck.

tracie

Hi Flopster!

I'm sure i've posted to you about this before - I am definately a slow loser!!

I've never had a big weight loss week - its just slow, slow, slow!

Some days I get a bit disheartened - especially when I was doing LL (switched to CD after 75 days) as people in my group used to tell me all the things they'd eaten then get weighed and lose 5/6lbs!! I don't know how they do it!

I don't know why my weight loss is slower - I drink 5/6l of water a day and have been ssing for 95 days now with nothing other than whats allowed. It does all even out though in the long run and by the end of my 100 days I will have lost over the 3 stone that was my initial goal.

I sometimes wonder if its because I have never been thin (i'm only 20 and have been obese since a child) that my body doesn't quite know whats going on and wants to hold onto it for fear of the unknown!! Thats what I like to tell myself! :p

All I can really say is try not to compare your loss to others (easier said than done I know!) and just keep doing what your doing - those weeks that you only lose 1lb will all even themselves out in the end!

I had this last week,I lost nothing but lost inches, I dont know why this happens and I know exactly how you are feeling as my ticker hasnt moved for 2 weeks! But im shrinking I think someone said what you lose in fat you gain in water until your body gets used to the loss ? Maybe thats right who knows!!! If you have gone down that many dress sizes then you should be very happy! :)

I really like that answer - I am just getting so frustrated that the scales aren't moving - but I am definately a 16 trouser now as my sister gave me some more pairs and they all fit!

I just want to be 12 stone something!

hi Flopster 5stone2lose is right, you could be retaining water and therefore you will be losing inches but wont show on the scales, i have tried not to get too dependent on the scales as overall it's the inches coming off that matters most, try not and get to hung up about it, going from size 22/24 to a size 14 is fantastic!! just tell yourself the scales arn't everything
you've come this far and you can go further! good luck.

tracie

Thanks Tracie, I have no intention of stopping now, I just can't understand why "weight" isn't coming off but inches are, it is really wierd!

Hi Flopster!

I'm sure i've posted to you about this before - I am definately a slow loser!!

I've never had a big weight loss week - its just slow, slow, slow!

Some days I get a bit disheartened - especially when I was doing LL (switched to CD after 75 days) as people in my group used to tell me all the things they'd eaten then get weighed and lose 5/6lbs!! I don't know how they do it!

I don't know why my weight loss is slower - I drink 5/6l of water a day and have been ssing for 95 days now with nothing other than whats allowed. It does all even out though in the long run and by the end of my 100 days I will have lost over the 3 stone that was my initial goal.

I sometimes wonder if its because I have never been thin (i'm only 20 and have been obese since a child) that my body doesn't quite know whats going on and wants to hold onto it for fear of the unknown!! Thats what I like to tell myself! :p

All I can really say is try not to compare your loss to others (easier said than done I know!) and just keep doing what your doing - those weeks that you only lose 1lb will all even themselves out in the end!

Thanks Tash, it is horrible though when the others in your group have bigger losses, somehow it just feels really unfair especially as I have more or less abstained for almost 50 days (a couple of small blips but no meals and only one small blowout).

I really want to be 12 stone something as I haven't been that in over 10 years.

Good luck with your continued loss, it sounds as if you are doing great!

Back