Very successful shopping trip - yay!

lorraineA

Silver Member
Picked up my husband last night and ended up going to Asda for a few things and he suggested looking for some inexpensive clothes as mine were starting to look far too big.
He spotted a smart little mac and said try that on - I thought I'd try the size 20 and he said no go for the 18 - I tried the 20 and thought it was ok but he insisted so I tried on the 18 and it fitted!
I then thought I'd buy a pair of size 20 jeans thinking I'd not get into them but they would be an incentive - imagine my delight when I got home and they fitted!!
These sizes may still sound huge to some of you but when you struggled to get into a pair of size 26 trousers, getting into these smaller sizes is such a boost!
Can't wait to get into the next sizes down :D:D

Last edited:
Congratulations! I know how you feel, but I think I should also warn you that your new jeans will be falling off you very soon!:D

That's really good motivation, well done! I still reach for the size 16s first even though most size 14s fit perfectly well these days. It's a mindset thing I think.

I remember when Asdas didn't have clothes in my size at all so even shopping there was fab!!! Congratulations you!

Congrats Lorraine..its a great feeling when we fit into a smaller size.

That's brilliant Lorraine, such a good feeling!!!!!

I popped in to M&S earlier and got one of their pencil skirts with built in support, added a blouse, high heels, red patent belt and tootled off to show my OH waiting patiently outside the changing room....his response was just one word....WOW!

Needless to say i rushed off to pay for the entire outfit. What a great feeling when you push yourself to try something new.

What have you ladies tried and liked now the 'new you' is emerging?

Picked up my husband last night and ended up going to Asda for a few things and he suggested looking for some inexpensive clothes as mine were starting to look far too big.
He spotted a smart little mac and said try that on - I thought I'd try the size 20 and he said no go for the 18 - I tried the 20 and thought it was ok but he insisted so I tried on the 18 and it fitted!
I then thought I'd buy a pair of size 20 jeans thinking I'd not get into them but they would be an incentive - imagine my delight when I got home and they fitted!!
These sizes may still sound huge to some of you but when you struggled to get into a pair of size 26 trousers, getting into these smaller sizes is such a boost!
Can't wait to get into the next sizes down :D:D

well done lorraine thats fab. whats more asda prices are so reasonable they don't break the bank!

Awww thats fab well done you! yeah try not to buy too much as tempting as it is as you wont be in a size 18 for long :) well done xx

Well done Rae - sounds great! I like being able to wear jeans again and not having a muffin top. In fact the jeans I've been wearing since just before Xmas are being held up by a belt now or they fall down :). I also buy tops that are more hugging than the tunic things I wore before.

Hehe, size 20 doesn't sound too big to me- I still remember ebaying my size 30 jeans! And today I got my 'incentive' 12s and 14s, shopping wearing my 16s! Congrats, I think sizing means so much more than just the numbers lost!

Hehe, size 20 doesn't sound too big to me- I still remember ebaying my size 30 jeans! And today I got my 'incentive' 12s and 14s, shopping wearing my 16s! Congrats, I think sizing means so much more than just the numbers lost!

Size 30? Wow hun you have done so well!!!

I remember when I felt fat as a size 16, can't wait to be that size again!!! :D

Size 30? Wow hun you have done so well!!!

I remember when I felt fat as a size 16, can't wait to be that size again!!! :D

Oh gosh I feel so thin at 16! I think 30 was the largest jeans I ever bought, but I did have tops up to size 36!!!!!!!!! That is MENTAL! It's taken me ten years to go from there to here, I'm going to fight like a scrapper to never get there again!

Oh gosh I feel so thin at 16! I think 30 was the largest jeans I ever bought, but I did have tops up to size 36!!!!!!!!! That is MENTAL! It's taken me ten years to go from there to here, I'm going to fight like a scrapper to never get there again!

16 is thin if you've ever been big for sure!

I was briefly a 10 in my early 20s and it's taken me 6 years to creep slowly up to a size 22. I will be very very happy when I'm a 16 again and so should you be :D

Back