Vickie's diary

We've just got back from our pub lunch, I'd worked it out it would be around 12 points for the roast but then I found a hair in it which put me off straight away so only ate around 7 points worth and wasn't even tempted to get a pudding!
I was planning on sticking an exercise DVD on this afternoon but its sooooo cold
5.gif
(really I just can't be bothered) so I'm lying in front of the fire watching Annie with a hot choc and marshmallows :)
Think I'll do chicken casserole for tea which won't be until about 9PM as OH is working, its only 6 points according to recipe builder so maybe I'll do dumplings (4 points) with it - proper winter warming food!
I've got mixed feelings about WI tomorrow, I should've done well but I always feel really nervous getting on the scales! :eek:
Hope everyone has had a good weekend.

Best of luck for WI - can't wait to hear how you've done this week.
xx

OK maybe I was expecting too much from this kickstart business but I'm so gutted tonight with a 2lb loss. Any other week I'd be chuffed to bits with that but after feeling all week like I've compromised and struggled I was expecting a bit more. Never mind, its 2lbs and I can't really be too unhappy with that. I was a bit miserable after class so popped onto the sun bed on the way home, having a bit of colour always makes me feel better :)
I'm not following kickstart this week, I'm off on my jollys which'll be quite difficult enough with my normal points!
I'm going to sit with some skinny cow ice cream and a glass of wine to cheer myself up now (still got about 15 points left so I'm not really being naughty ;))

Well done on your 2 pounds. Sorry to hear you are disappointed.

I'm also doing kickstart this week but don't have weigh in until Thur so won't build myself up for a big loss

Irene xx

Too *beeping* right starlight!:mad::cry:
I think that was my problem Irene, I'd built myself up to expect a big loss and ended up disappointed. Good luck for thursday, will be interesting to see how you do :)

Awww This kickstart lark aint sounding to great is it! ........ You still lost 2lb which is good but i know your dissapointed! ...

Huggles ... have a good week this week xxx

Ive just had a look at my kick start plan book from my ww leader and it does seem that there is more too it than just having 18 points a day. You have to use a calcium allowance which inlcudes a set amount of skimmed milk, yog, cottage cheese, cheese, or soya milk.- 2 points

I does also have set menus to follow which each meal adding up to a certain amount of points ie breakfast 3, lunch 5 and dinners 8. It also states that if you weigh more than 14 stone you should use an allowance of 22 points.

I assume than you could swap a meal that you did not like for another as long as it is the same point value.

It can also be done on the core plan again with the calcuim allowance and set meals.

Hope this helps.
XXX

Aww FF - 2lbs does stink when you have struggled all week. You have my sympathy hunni, especially since under normal circumstances you can eat what you like and actually enjoy the plan.

Here's to a new week, enjoy your hols ;):D
xx

Thanks you lot :) its great to come on here and get sympathy/ support / a good talking to etc - I love my mini's forum friends :D
I was in a bit of a foul mood last night but having read Janes post on starlights thread and it being pretty much what my WW leader told me it pretty much put things into perspective. And then my OH pointed out that the 2lb loss I had last night took me to my first stone off so I feel a bit happier with it all today. Its the start of a new week and I'm raring to go!

Sorry you were disappointed FF. Glad to hear that you are now raring to go.
Here's go a good week
xxxxxxx

I've been so good all week, managing to save a couple of points a day to offset any damage I'm likely to do this weekend as we're going to friends for a boozy night - probably with pizza
2.gif
:party0016::eek::eek:
Then on sunday we're going away and I'm stressing about not being able to keep to my points even before we go. OH says I've become a control freak when it comes to food and points - and he's right. It makes me anxious if I don't know the NV's or points values to the extent that we went to MiL's for dinner and I took my own Healthy Living ready meal and a WW pud! :rotflmao: I don't feel like I can do that with the friends we're staying with though - and they're so generous they wouldn't take no for an answer anyway.
I worry about the way I look as they last seen me 5stone lighter :cry:and I was a different person then - confident, outgoing, flirty. Now I'm a wallflower who hates attention of any kind to the point of not speaking if I'm in a group of people in case I draw attention to myself:eek:
Despite all that I am kinda looking forward to getting away and I will do my best to point my food. In any case we'll be walking miles over Dartmoor and along the beach at Exmouth so hopefully I'll burn plenty off too. Here's hoping!

Getting away is lovely. You have a couple of options... either give yourself the weekend off and try not to go too mad, or try and swing things in a way that can work for you. Could you persuade them to lose the pizza and maybe go for Chinese? That way you could have something low point and still have plenty for alcohol. Youll probably find that if you explain to them about your diet theyll be really supportive and want to help. Course if youre not comfy in telling them youre on a diet yet, could you use another tactic to swap??

I know what you mean about becoming obsessive about points etc... I took my EO when we went out for my brothers birthday and spent ages flicking through it trying to find something comparible to what I was having. Your hubby should be proud youre so focused!

Back