Viking Supergirl's Last Two Stone Diary! Edit: 7lb down!

I'm on the way home and Instead of rolling in with a chocolate bar in one hand and something fried and indescribable in the other, I left before clubbing commenced, stuck to 3 shots and only ate half my post-pub snack! And I really enjoyed myself! I felt so confident and chatty.

Who is this person?! :D

Anyway, assuming late- night munchies don't strike: 1320 in, 186 exercise, 1141 net ... I think.

Very impressed! Well done you :D

I'm on the way home and Instead of rolling in with a chocolate bar in one hand and something fried and indescribable in the other, I left before clubbing commenced, stuck to 3 shots and only ate half my post-pub snack! And I really enjoyed myself! I felt so confident and chatty.

Who is this person?! :D

Anyway, assuming late- night munchies don't strike: 1320 in, 186 exercise, 1141 net ... I think.

Way to go!!!:happy096:

Way to go!!!:happy096:

Thanks!

Today I had a great NSV. I went out to the adventure playground with my bouncy two-year-old niece. When she started running through child-sized holes in the hedge maze, I could squeeze through after her! (on hands and knees and nearly getting stuck... still!). And I didn't worry once about my 'fat' bum sticking out or looking like a big ungainly lump.

I walked about four miles today to and from my niece's house and my feet are sore, but it was great exercise!

I went a bit over today: in: 1787; exercise 409; 1378 net. Still, I made decent food choices and all that walking! Oooh, I need an early night.

Thanks!

Today I had a great NSV. I went out to the adventure playground with my bouncy two-year-old niece. When she started running through child-sized holes in the hedge maze, I could squeeze through after her! (on hands and knees and nearly getting stuck... still!). And I didn't worry once about my 'fat' bum sticking out or looking like a big ungainly lump.

I walked about four miles today to and from my niece's house and my feet are sore, but it was great exercise!

I went a bit over today: in: 1787; exercise 409; 1378 net. Still, I made decent food choices and all that walking! Oooh, I need an early night.

Woop woop!! Good for you :D

I tried on a few old clothes that I kept on the promise I'd slim into them someday - that 'someday' is NOW!
  1. Vintage Jager size 8 waistcoat - fits! Hope I didn't throw away the matching pencil skirt in a fit of self-loathing fat-rage when I got too big to wear it...
  2. Size 10 Laura Ashley velvet maxi-skirt - ha, hips still too big for this one. I gotta wear it when it fits, though, cos it's gorgeous for winter parties
  3. Size 12 pink Jigsaw blouse, wispy - much much better than three weeks ago but still tight on the arms.
  4. Size 10 Per Una suit trousers - again, not going over my thighs just yet :rolleyes:
  5. US size 6 Nicole Farhi skirt (TK Maxx FTW!): zips up, but tight. Wait.

I submit this list as evidence that clothes sizes are a crock :D

I wish I hadn't tossed so many of my 'thin' clothes, but then again I now get to buy a whole new bunch of them when I reach my target. And it's nice to see the ones I really did like (and therefore hung on to out of hope) starting to fit...

It's that horrible pit where you promise yourself you're going to lose weight and don't want to buy clothes, but then you don't lose weight and are stuck with the old wearing out ones... still, I picked up some great bargains in the charity shops for my inbetween phase.

Must go cook dinner. Hope you're all having a lovely sunny day!

I tried on a few old clothes that I kept on the promise I'd slim into them someday - that 'someday' is NOW!
  1. Vintage Jager size 8 waistcoat - fits! Hope I didn't throw away the matching pencil skirt in a fit of self-loathing fat-rage when I got too big to wear it...
  2. Size 10 Laura Ashley velvet maxi-skirt - ha, hips still too big for this one. I gotta wear it when it fits, though, cos it's gorgeous for winter parties
  3. Size 12 pink Jigsaw blouse, wispy - much much better than three weeks ago but still tight on the arms.
  4. Size 10 Per Una suit trousers - again, not going over my thighs just yet :rolleyes:
  5. US size 6 Nicole Farhi skirt (TK Maxx FTW!): zips up, but tight. Wait.

I submit this list as evidence that clothes sizes are a crock :D

I wish I hadn't tossed so many of my 'thin' clothes, but then again I now get to buy a whole new bunch of them when I reach my target. And it's nice to see the ones I really did like (and therefore hung on to out of hope) starting to fit...

It's that horrible pit where you promise yourself you're going to lose weight and don't want to buy clothes, but then you don't lose weight and are stuck with the old wearing out ones... still, I picked up some great bargains in the charity shops for my inbetween phase.

Must go cook dinner. Hope you're all having a lovely sunny day!

I totally agree with that! I have a pair of cropped black trousers in a size twelve that I bought for work 3 years ago, they didn't fit... then last summer when I was at my smallest for a while (9st 6lbs) I tried them on again - still didn't fit although the rest of my wardrobe was firmly size 10! Grrr! I doubt they'll fit me this summer but I'm determined to get into them, I am NOT binning them!

I am NOT binning them!

You're really close to your goal! I'm sure you'll get there and they'll fit ...

We have similar goal weights, although you're a bit further along than me - keep going, you've done really well losing nearly a stone.

I love TK Maxx because the clothes are from all over, meaning that very few things have the usual UK sizing, so I don't get hung up on the number on the label, and I'm more likely to choose something that actually fits... :rolleyes:

Today I ate 1510, exercised 310, net 1262.

Weigh in tomorrow! I feel like I must have lost some more, so fingers crossed.

Viking82 said:
You're really close to your goal! I'm sure you'll get there and they'll fit ...

We have similar goal weights, although you're a bit further along than me - keep going, you've done really well losing nearly a stone.

I love TK Maxx because the clothes are from all over, meaning that very few things have the usual UK sizing, so I don't get hung up on the number on the label, and I'm more likely to choose something that actually fits... :rolleyes:

Today I ate 1510, exercised 310, net 1262.

Weigh in tomorrow! I feel like I must have lost some more, so fingers crossed.

They'd blinkin' well better! :D

Sent from my Milestone using MiniMins

I feel like it's too hot to eat any more, and the heat has made my body double in size! I like a good hot day, but only from the comfort of a shady tree with a nice glass of something cold and boozy.

Food: 1447, exercise 337, net 1110

PS: weight down by 1.75lbs! Whoo!

Last edited:
Viking82 said:
I feel like it's too hot to eat any more, and the heat has made my body double in size! I like a good hot day, but only from the comfort of a shady tree with a nice glass of something cold and boozy.

Food: 1447, exercise 337, net 1110

PS: weight down by 1.75lbs! Whoo!

Well done!!!

A shady tree an several bottles of desperado got me this weekend too!!! WI was not fun!! Had to be done tho. It was like a zen moment of utter bliss :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Well, today I cooked Bloody Mary soup using this recipe: Bloody Mary Soup - Soups - Recipes - from Delia Online

It was pretty nice, but I needed more tabasco for a hot taste and tripled the amount. Now I feel like I'm slowly heating up from the inside out! (I added the vodka for authenticity)

Still, really yummy!

Breakfast: cheese omlette
Snack: grapes and strawberries
Lunch: lentil salad with loads of chicken
Snack: Pret salad, Flake bar*
Dinner: Bloody Mary soup, slice of bread

Calories: eaten, 1273, exercise 220, net 1053

* Which I ate since I haven't had any chocolate for three weeks :eek: It was very creamy and sweet, but no real texture.

Wow, i might try that soup. Fancy something with a bit of zing! Does the vodka make any difference?

A small difference! It makes it feel like more of a special treat, and there is a very slight warming feeling/taste from the vodka. It's very low calorie (I doubled up the recipe, and added three shots of vodka, and it's still only 140 calories or so a bowl).

Pleasant day, nicely warm.

Breakfast: porridge, yogurt, strawberries
Snack: small sandwich, strawberries
Lunch: Bloody Mary soup
Snack: Lentil salad
Dinner: Sushi tray from M&S (the one near work does deep discounts :D)
Snack: home-made mushroom soup

I have hated mushroom soup since I was a toddler because my mum once chased me around the house and forced me to try it (I think it was tinned soup, it was grey with black bits and looked revolting!). But the home-made soup was amazing! Really meaty flavour and very low-cal.

Also, there was a goodbye party for a colleague and I didn't have any of the pastries, giant cookies, shortbread chunks, etc. Even though I could tell instantly that they were Tesco Finest, 'cos I used to gorge on them, I didn't take any. Previously I would have had one, and a bit, and then another one later if no-one was looking :eek: and told myself that I was saving money by not buying snacks! (true, but...)

Calories: 1234, 201 exercise, 1033 net. I'm going to have a snack :)

Wow babe you did good not to have any pastries, good for you and look at you, you've become a dab hand at the soup making, yum!

Wow babe you did good not to have any pastries, good for you and look at you, you've become a dab hand at the soup making, yum!

Considering I love love love cooking, the soup is an easy way for me to get slim/cook more. And soup is easy!

It was actually EASIER to ignore the pastries than it was to eat them. Because if I eat it, I will (1) feel bad about having an unplanned treat, my teeth will feel sugary and yucky, and I will worry about my calories (2) I will want more and more sugar and feel out of control and (3) I might start getting discouraged and drift off course, maybe even regain weight. It's so much EASIER not to have to worry about all that!

I do eat treats, but I don't think they should be a daily thing... or even an hourly thing ... :rolleyes: like they used to be!

Well done for resisting. Very impressed, especially when EVERYONE else is tucking in :)

I went a bit over today! I went out to have a lunchtime walk, and when I came back workmen were all over my bit of the office doing emergency electrical repairs :eek: not allowed back to my desk where my snacks were and damn peckish, so I had a sneaky bag of popcorn. (Got back in the end!)

Then again, I ended up not wanting all of my planned snack, but I counted all of it anyway, so it's not that bad.

Also, someone left a pile of cookies near my desk from yesterday's party. Did not eat em so I feel chuffed.

Breakfast: Allbran, SS milk, yogurt
Snack: grapes, small sandwich
Lunch: Bloody Mary soup
Snack: lentil salad, chicken, popcorn
Dinner: Shepherd's pie (homemade by husband, absolutely great)

In: 1643, exercise 265, net 1368

Back